Any one else hate the sound of machines going so low when u zoom out as much as I do

Addictedtofs

Re: Any one else hate the sound of machines going so low when u zoom out as much as I do

Post by Addictedtofs »

BulletBill wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:34 pm
Fair enough, but according to your logic, the only reason the game doesn't"improve" is because some players like it the way it is.

It's different sides of the same coin. You think the game should be changed because you dislike it, correct? What's wrong with someone feeling the obverse? Who said anything about seasons? Seasons was a mod that could be downloaded at will. It was completely optional. Your comparison makes absolutely no sense at all.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
bossmanslim

Re: Any one else hate the sound of machines going so low when u zoom out as much as I do

Post by bossmanslim »

I find I hate about 1/2 the tractors sounds in general regardless of distance.
  • Fendt 700 - sounds like it has a rattling panel
  • Fendt 900 - sounds like it has a bearing getting ready to go out or some sort of shaft rubbing on another metal component
  • Fendt 1000 - I like this one
  • Fendt small tracked tractor - sounds like it is stuck on idle and related to a Johnny Popper
  • Fendt large tracked tractor - sounds like it is stuck on idle
  • Lizard Warrior - best mufflers in the world, sounds good but way too quiet
  • Massy telehandler - it's fine
  • Fendt 515C - seemed fine from what I recall
  • Small JCB fast track - seemed fine from what I recall
  • Deere 6000R - I liked this one
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

one thing I have noticed is if I play with my gaming chair, tractors sound so much better, than the tv speakers. My gaming chair has decent base. I would say that could be an issue for some tractor sound as well?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I agree, the sounds drive me nuts on 19 compared to every other version of the game. I don't see how anyone can spray a field with the in cab view so you'd have to use the exterior camera. But then you get no engine sounds and just hear birds chirping and that dog barking. What amazes me is that when I'm zoomed out from whatever I'm driving, I magically can't hear the engine running, but I can hear the dog barking from miles away...
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Henk D.

Post by Henk D. »

The sounds are so disapointing in fs19.
I saw a youtube video where Giants personal was recording sounds of a real tractor.
Dont know what they did with it, but it never made it in the game.
We need deep growling when a tractor pulls up a hill with a heavy trailer and outside the same loud as it was in fs17.
I play mostly with the outside view and it is like a horror movie without sound, not scary at all.
No it is nothing what i expected and i played fs17 a lot but fs19 is boring.
And when you think how much copies they sold at a minimum of 30 euro's it is a profit business.
A shame for such a lovely game, dying its own succes.
I love Lossberg on ps4. *thumbsup* :hi:
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:29 pm I find I hate about 1/2 the tractors sounds in general regardless of distance.
It's odd that there's such a difference... The Masseys sound good in general, but many tractors have a strangely whiny engine note, like the big Deeres and a few others.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I will say this; I play mostly with my turtle beach headphones on and there is a world of difference between that and the sound bar I use for my TV. With my headphones, the sound is much crisper, even zoomed out.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

I also think there is something wrong with the sounds. Someone above mentioned how good the warrior sounds and I agree when you are zoomed out just the right amount it has a nice throaty sound but if you are too far out you can’t hear that and in cab it sounds like a RC toy. Also when you let off the throttle it doesn’t drop the engine RPM and it coasts like it is in neutral but maintains a high engine RPM. I don’t know about European trucks but over here when you let off the throttle the engine brake will kick in when the truck is in gear and slow the truck down, not freewheel like it is neutral.

I don’t know much about cotton harvesting but does the engine on a cotton harvester surge from full throttle to idle and back to full throttle all the time IRL?
Another thing I noticed is the in cab sounds are quieter, which is pretty correct for modern tractors but I should not be able to hear when a car drives by in cab.
I also agree with BB that the engine sounds don’t replicate a working engine, this is where you get that nice throaty rumble sound like you hear on the warrior(when it is zoomed just right). I find the sounds of the engines in 19 sound kinda electronic in a way, it’s hard to describe but they just sound off. I don’t mind the sounds getting a bit quieter as you zoom out but you should still be able to hear the engine over the birds and dogs even at maximum zoom. IRL you would probably hear these machines clear across the map when they are working, the maps are only 2 km. Not saying I would want to hear them all the way on the other side of the map but zooming out 50m should not eliminate the engine noise.

Disclaimer: I don’t have many hours in on 19 yet and have only used a handful of machines, these are only my observations this far. There may be some machines that sound good that I haven’t used yet but pretty much all the ones I have used seem off.
PS4
Farmer jimmy

Post by Farmer jimmy »

BulletBill wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:39 pm The whole "hyped up" fantastic new sound for FS19 has been a massive let down.

We all know that Farming "Simulator" is hardly that, but to not even be able to get 1 of the most fundmental facets of the game they are making right is awful.

Regardless of whether you say where the sound should relate to the camera positioning, the tractor engine sound should not disappear completely within 30m of the tractor.

This on top of the complete mess in how the engine sounds respond to acceleration, braking and working under load is just awful.

What is worse is GIANTS thought it was good enough to release like this, plus that it is not even a priority to fix.

FS17 sounds weren't perfect but they were close enough it didn't detract from the experience.

Your supposed to make forward steps guys not GIANT (pardon the pun) ones backward.

It makes me so frustrated the complete lack of thought and care that goes into the making of this game.
The company seems more out of touch with the subject they are basing the game on than ever before, and worse they don't seem to care.

From someone who prides himself in always striving to improve on what you can create, I find it so disappointing that GIANTS are just another company who care little or nothing about the product they are making.

Why not just change the name from "Farming Simulator" to just "Drive around in pretty modelled tractors which sound nothing like the real thing"....

(Yes this is a rant, and yes it is constructive)
Very true bullet bill such a let down as u said FS 17 wasn't perfect but wasn't fare off it what we have now is a joke I really miss having the full roar of the engine from machines not a little faint sound in the distance when u zoom out which is the way I like to play it and if u have the radio on forget completely hearing any sound from machines
Farmer jimmy

Post by Farmer jimmy »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:06 pm I have only played on 19 a few times one of the main factors is this sound issue which I really,really do not like one bit. Why change it away from how it was previously ?
Yes I have actually went back to fs17 over it every game since 09 was the same why did they have to change the sound for this one and if they wanted to do it have an option in the menu to change it back to the old way if u wanted to
W1der

Post by W1der »

Guys ...

You might wanna take a look here !
viewtopic.php?f=884&t=130197&start=75

I tried it ... and this is making me smile ... :mrgreen:

It is called keyboard steer ... but it does a lot more than that!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Henk D.

Post by Henk D. »

Off topic.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Off topic ... ?
It is a mod that gives you gears (with lots of settings) and makes your engines sound a million times better!

It brought life back to my game !

Direct link ... https://github.com/Mogli12/KeyboardSteer
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Henk D.

Post by Henk D. »

Its a mod as you said and its pc only.
So it feeds the anger between pc and console in sted of solving the sound problems by Giants.
Thats why its off topic.
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

It's suggesting an improvement to the game. What's wrong with that?
G'day