Congratulations to Giants

asyvan

Re: Congratulations to Giants

Post by asyvan »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:55 pm
"Any why even post to say you'ur not getting it? That's like telling everyone that you are not going for a wee"
It's also like telling giants that he's not interested in this dlc, but might be if they released JD. No need to get butt-hurt because somebody doesn't agree with you.

I also have zero interest in the minimum effort dlc they are pushing. They can't even be bothered to add a crop or map with new gameplay, just a bunch of edited models with different colors (otherwise free mods).
Btw, I am not going for a wee.
Wow such an ignorance and lack of understanding. Do you honestly think it's a minimum effort to create 34 vehicles and implements? And do you honestly think they are edits of mods?

I am sure you despise all the effort modders do as well given that attitude.

I'm going for a wee.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
JayC

Post by JayC »

Jagtractor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:44 am
Don't think you actually read my post as I am well aware of that. But it doesn't matter. Maybe in 5 years when you actually start seeing these things around I'll be hyped for it. It as of now the land is peppered with black and yellow. Give me one or two of those models then. 740,750,760,780 there are tons that are seen everywhere. Tired of these combines that can only be found on YouTube. Hard to be thrilled to play with something that you won't see for a while.
Also not American. And I play plenty of European maps as I literally don't have much of a choice.

I actually prefer the green red and white. I think it looks way better than the black and yellow. But like I said. I like to play with what's out there. I'm still buying it and I'll still use them. But That's just my two cents
Well then what did you mean by "I know these model combines don't come in NA paint but that's another thing."? And I did read your post. I like to play with machines that are found in NA, too. That's why I'm using mods mainly by Custom Modding and JHHG on Lone Oak right now. But I also wouldn't hesitate to use some of the new Claas equipment, or other brands, if it's sold in NA. The European warning signs can be a bit... problematic, but it's just a game and I make do. I love using stuff that isn't from around where I am. I live in a rural area and I'm surrounded by farms on three sides of me. My county is heavily ag based and I'd be sick of seeing the same things in the game. Sugarbeets are a huge crop here so there are Ropa Tigers and Mauses (and the Holmer equivalents) all over the place. I'd just rather spice it up with stuff that I don't usually see around here. But mostly I do UK maps, as I said, and also some European maps as I just like using stuff that isn't in NA.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

asyvan wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:14 pm
"Any why even post to say you'ur not getting it? That's like telling everyone that you are not going for a wee"
It's also like telling giants that he's not interested in this dlc, but might be if they released JD. No need to get butt-hurt because somebody doesn't agree with you.

I also have zero interest in the minimum effort dlc they are pushing. They can't even be bothered to add a crop or map with new gameplay, just a bunch of edited models with different colors (otherwise free mods).
Wow such an ignorance and lack of understanding. Do you honestly think it's a minimum effort to create 34 vehicles and implements? And do you honestly think they are edits of mods?

I'm going for a wee.
Do you really think giants created the equipment from scratch, rather than editing existing items?
I'm not sure your understanding is any better considering I said nothing about modders or their effort in my post. In fact, many times in other posts I've said it's the modders that complete this game, and might even be the main reason this game still exists.
PS, I still don't have to wee.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:52 pm
asyvan wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:14 pm

I'm going for a wee.
Do you really think giants created the equipment from scratch, rather than editing existing items?
I'm not sure your understanding is any better considering I said nothing about modders or their effort in my post. In fact, many times in other posts I've said it's the modders that complete this game, and might even be the main reason this game still exists.
PS, I still don't have to wee.
"Do you really think giants created the equipment from scratch, rather than editing existing items?"

Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

JayC wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:47 pm That's why I'm using mods mainly by Custom Modding and JHHG on Lone Oak right now.
I like using stuff that's not from around my area as well. I'm seriously hoping for another map like Lone Oak to come out. I've played Lone Oak to death on 17 and I don't know how people do it, but I can't play a map I've already played and more or less "beat". And the European maps are decent. I'll find one that gives me hope once in a while. A couple of the more sought after map makers tend to use perma-hedges in their maps and one of my favorite things to do in game is expand the land and fields and join some up. So I can't play those maps that have those. I basically just play in ravenport and felsbrun as almost all modded maps fall short (in my opinion) in one way or another.
JayC wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:47 pm
But I also wouldn't hesitate to use some of the new Claas equipment, or other brands, if it's sold in NA. The European warning signs can be a bit... problematic, but it's just a game and I make do. I love using stuff that isn't from around where I am. I'd just rather spice it up with stuff that I don't usually see around here. But mostly I do UK maps, as I said, and also some European maps as I just like using stuff that isn't in NA.

I will enjoy the claas dlc greatly as I do see them around from time to time. A couple of the crews that clean out the pig lagoons use exclusively Claas. And I'm surrounded by pig barns where I am so I see them a lot. I almost spit out my coffee (in amazement) when I saw that actually included the duals for the Xerion 5000.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:52 pm Do you really think giants created the equipment from scratch, rather than editing existing items?
Please tell me you're joking!

Aside from the legal fact that GIANTS don't have the rights to use modder's work without their permission (that small print died with the new ModHub for FS17) there is the small matter that the vast majority of content in the DLC doesn't have a decent mod of it. There's a couple of Claas tractors about of decent standard and a couple of Lexions (there are no Lexions in the DLC), and a couple of balers (one of which was withdrawn from the Mod Contest because, ironically, it used some GIANTS-created parts of the Kuhn baler-wrapper!).

GIANTS did contract a lot of their modelling to freelance modellers (you can see some of the work on ArtStation) but apparently they've started bringing more modelling in-house rather than contracting it out.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Sorry everyone, for offering an opinion.
Congrats Giants on a job well done.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Apology accepted, glad you've seen sense finally.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Hes being sarcastic, hes doesn't like the game or Giants but still plays it?? Bizzare
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Yes I knew that, my post was equally as sarcastic.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

asyvan wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:14 pm Do you honestly think it's a minimum effort to create 34 vehicles and implements?
THIS^ I tried to make a backhoe from scratch on fs17 for consoles (yea I know.. it was a stupid idea for a first motorized project lol).. O..M..G.. I ended up breaking my desk lamp.. im normally not a violent person but.. yea just no.. its harder than anyone who has never done it realizes
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I bet, it seems complicated to make something.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

asyvan wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:14 pm I'm going for a wee.
Care to explain what this means? You are using it as an insult because I don’t agree with your opinion. Are you an English speaker? Because I bet most people who are read “this insult” as something else and are just laughing at you.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Wiseguy49 & Farmboss are the same person?

That quote was from a reply to Farmboss not you. I think it was just a little joke and not intended as an insult anyway.
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

wiseguy49 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:51 pm
asyvan wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:14 pm I'm going for a wee.
Care to explain what this means? You are using it as an insult because I don’t agree with your opinion. Are you an English speaker? Because I bet most people who are read “this insult” as something else and are just laughing at you.
Are you deliberately trying to be annoying or are you just this by nature?

If you read the entire thread you would understand.

Now go away.
Edit by Guil, language please and don't resort to name calling.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides