Moderators

Illinois Farmer

Re: Moderators

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Airborne82nd wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:05 am
But as an aside, if you don't mind me asking (not to derail the thread), this game seems pretty popular on the Xbox system being on game pass and all, and in fact, the Top 20 Most Played Games. But, nobody seems to post about it.

Are there more popular sites and areas people onconsole are posting about this game? I'm just asking, being this site seems pretty dead for a game seemingly doing well.
Yes, discord. Moderators are active on there.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Have any of you reported said posts?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Lazarus99 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:48 pm How many moderators are assigned to cover the "community" and how many are active in conversations? Specifically the English forums.
No moderators are "assigned" to anything on this forum, because the moderators are not GIANTS employees.

Moderators here are forum members who either volunteered themselves to be a moderator or were asked by GIANTS if they would be interested in being a Moderator.

The only GIANTS employees involved in moderating this forum are the ones who are the forum admins and their Community Managers/Coordinators.
Lazarus99 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:53 am Does anyone even know whom or how many moderators there are?
You can easily find out yourself by clicking on the text "The Team" in the read bar at the bottom of each forum page, which leads to the following page showing all the Forum Admins, Moderators and also the GIANTS employees who have a forum user and their roles: memberlist.php?mode=team (you can find out how active they are by clicking on their username which leads to the user profile, and the check the "last activity" field and when they last posted something)
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

That list is a joke. Most of those names hang out in the other language sections or some havent even commented since 2020. My guess is most dont show up until someone receives a report from a user. None of the folks with Green names are regular posters in a vast majority of these threads
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Guil wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:13 pm Have any of you reported said posts?
My point is we shouldnt have to report it if we had active moderation on the site
Indiana Farmer

Post by Indiana Farmer »

You're right, moderators come after the fact, ban some, and turn a blind eye to others that are part of the same bickering. Easy to tell who the reporters are.
1301 acre farm, 10,001 piggies, 201 cows, xbox one x, ps4/5 and pc.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Guil wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:13 pm Have any of you reported said posts?
Yeah Guil, started with that. You’re unable to report if someone already has. Nothing will be done until Monday so it spiraled out of control which in a way is fine because it also stopped the OP who was being harassed to be left alone.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Airborne82nd wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:35 am What did you want a moderator to do? Ban a guy because he called me "senile"? I'm not gonna report him for that. Or ban people for having an opinion on a thread? Those aren't bannable offenses. People could have opinions. The mod could move it off topic, but i don't know what else you want them to do. We can't call the forum police every time we see things we don't want to see or hear.

I think a much more important question, is what's going on with this game, when only one post was posted in 24 hours? Not gonna need a mod for that. Nor a "time out" being everyone is already timed out seemingly lol. It's not the end of the world.
Careful, I once got a week ban a while ago (2017 I think it was?) for debating with an abusive user, everyone who involved in it was banned, as well as a couple getting a permanent ban. All I'm saying is, back then, some of the mods would ban you for minor things, couldn't say if they lightened up or not now.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Lazarus99 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:32 pm

My point is we shouldnt have to report it if we had active moderation on the site
Why do you want bureaucracy (aka: tyranny)? Why cant we police ourselves? It's pretty simple.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Isn't it similar to the "hen and egg" problem?
Which one was first? Badly behaving users that would require moderators to get them under control or moderators because there could/will be users going off rails?

If everyone would stick to forum rules and behave like a decent human being, moderators would not be needed to maintain a good language.

My opinion:
Use the report function if you feel like it's needed, but do not react to those problematic posts!
That will only reassure those users to post more stuff like this as they are only here for getting/creating attention.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

JDMFarms wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:51 am
Why do you want bureaucracy (aka: tyranny)? Why cant we police ourselves? It's pretty simple.
Tyranny!! 😂

You really are hilarious.

Watch out moderators, you have been branded tyrants. Be careful not to declare war or send any undesirables to reeducation camps.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Lazarus99 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:32 pm

I am advocating for more representatives from the community to enforce the rules and regulations and make people aware before they step over the boundaries and get themselves banned.

Tyranny?. A governing body made up of elected representatives of the people would be a...

A Republic
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

"I am advocating for more representatives from the community to enforce the rules and regulations and make people aware before they step over the boundaries and get themselves banned".

Well, the Mods came in, took down a few posts and locked the thread. What did that accomplish? Anyhow, the mods are here.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Urinal2001 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:28 am
Tyranny!! 😂

You really are hilarious.

Watch out moderators, you have been branded tyrants. Be careful not to declare war or send any undesirables to reeducation camps.
Horrible, as if that didn't happen almost anytime a warning is written. :D

Anyway, this thread has run it's course and the only thing that needs to be said has been said here:
Eische wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:06 am My opinion:
Use the report function if you feel like it's needed, but do not react to those problematic posts!
That will only reassure those users to post more stuff like this as they are only here for getting/creating attention.
If you see something, report it. And remember that you never see the things that have already been taken action on.

/locked
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support