Maypole Farm / UK maps

Jodster

Maypole Farm / UK maps

Post by Jodster »

Hiya, new to the forum. Loving farming sim my first time playing and fallen in love with it I have over 120+ hours logged. So I’ve only played UK maps. I’m currently playing on maypole farm it’s an awesome map. My only gripe is how the hell do people move heavy machine around tight corners etc like the big harvesters and big headers. I just need solutions really as I’m not really interested in other maps. Like are there any mods around for smaller headers but can extended them out so I can just transport them on tight corners and tight roads. Thanks I’m on PC btw.
JensChrDK

Re: Maypole Farm / UK maps

Post by JensChrDK »

With header trailers - most UK maps are tight, because the modders (from my modest knowledge) are trying to catch "the essence" of the country side - witch to most people means small roads with those stone walls on the sides.
So you will have to find the biggest header trailer that you can maneuver around the map.

But those maps just aren't suitable for quadtracs and 13 meter headers. :smileynew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Hoping the Cressoni mods get remade for FS22 (unless they are already out there on PC) for you UK lads!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

I dont think such maps are designed for large machinery, but as the saying goes each to their own!! As they say in America go big or go home!!
Jodster

Post by Jodster »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:46 pm Hoping the Cressoni mods get remade for FS22 (unless they are already out there on PC) for you UK lads!
Yeah I did a bit of digging yesterday and in fact I did find Cressoni headers. 14 meters serves the purpose I need it for so I’m thankful for that.

I just prefer the British style maps as I’m British myself I’m not too keen on the base maps as it’s all divided by massive roads.
JensChrDK wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:19 am With header trailers - most UK maps are tight, because the modders (from my modest knowledge) are trying to catch "the essence" of the country side - witch to most people means small roads with those stone walls on the sides.
So you will have to find the biggest header trailer that you can maneuver around the map.

But those maps just aren't suitable for quadtracs and 13 meter headers. :smileynew:
Yeah, they are beautiful even driving down them in real life has been struggle lol. But I found a Cressoni mod and I’m thankful I found it small and compact, but extends to 14m and that’s exactly what I need.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

As you didn't say so in the original post, are you putting the headers on header trailers, or trying to drive combines around with headers attached? If not, then header trailers will make it a lot easier, though some tight spots might still cause frustration.

Oddly, bigger header trailers with two axles are easier to navigate than smaller trailers with single axles, as they tend to follow the vehicle towing them, whereas single axle ones don't. The downside of dual-axle trailers is that they're a nightmare to reverse (particularly with digital controls like a keyboard), though that's normally reserved for storing them in a barn (for gameplay and sanity purposes it's too much of a stretch to store them outside in a game, or erect a drive-through barn if you have a suitable space).

It will be easier to use a header trailer with a front-steer vehicle like a tractor too, as the length of a combine and the rear-wheel steering makes turning tight corners particularly annoying.

I found around FS15 time header trailers were a pain in the proverbial (and initially sought folding headers like the Cressoni you've found), but in FS17 and 19, as long as you didn't drive like a lunatic they were OK. With FS22 I think all headers/trailers have an automatic locking mechanism so in that regard them they're much better than previous games.
Leezer

Post by Leezer »

Cab driving, and the Case Draper headers with built-in trailer help a lot. Hook one up behind your harvester, jump in the cab, and you can pretty much drive at full speed around Calmsden or Maypole or Old Stream. Same goes for trucks and semis. Also the case that many of those tight fields, gates etc. have permeable hedges that you can just drive through. Why cab driving should be more accurate when you can't even see what you are pulling escapes me, but it is the case.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Since replying here I've checked this map out. I must say it is enjoyable. I like the challenge of the tight roads and field edges. I have decided to set up this map as my first Precision Farming playthrough.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Voncarsteine

Post by Voncarsteine »

I love maypole as well, but the 500 cow limit is far too much. If that was lowered to a more realistic number, like 120 or so, with a corresponding food buffer, it would be the perfect map for me
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Voncarsteine wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:10 pm I love maypole as well, but the 500 cow limit is far too much. If that was lowered to a more realistic number, like 120 or so, with a corresponding food buffer, it would be the perfect map for me
You do know that you don't have to have 500 cows right?....get the number you feel comfortable with and sell the extras.
Voncarsteine

Post by Voncarsteine »

Decriptus wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:17 pm
Voncarsteine wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:10 pm I love maypole as well, but the 500 cow limit is far too much. If that was lowered to a more realistic number, like 120 or so, with a corresponding food buffer, it would be the perfect map for me
You do know that you don't have to have 500 cows right?....get the number you feel comfortable with and sell the extras.
I tried that, but it feels off to me. There is not enough food on the map for 1000 cows with maize plus (with small machinery). I'd love a simple fix to change it to 80 or 120 cows or so, that's be much more realistic as well.