Wood sell price

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Bullet009900

Wood sell price

Post by Bullet009900 »

I've been having trouble trying to get wood to sell for less at sawmills.

I've tried adding <fillType name="WOOD" priceScale="0.25" supportsGreatDemand="false" disablePriceDrop="true" /> to the XML or editing the economy price scale of wood in the maps filltype.xml, which works to reduce the price of wood for that sell point or the entire maps sell points in the prices screen, but when I go to sell a 4m log its the same price as before.
I've also seen older posts suggesting priceMultiplier or priceScale needs to be added as a float attribute to the sell point in giants editor but neither of those seemed to work either in the prices tab or when selling logs.

Does anyone know what method should work?

Many thanks in advance
Steel_Horse

Re: Wood sell price

Post by Steel_Horse »

If I am understanding the actions you are trying, they will only affect the price that a given map starts on for a new game. If you are trying to change base price in a game you have already started you need to change the savegame file. In the economy.xml (for the specific savegame) for the WOOD filltype You will find the base values being used. That will change it for all sellpoints.(keeping in mind that some sellpoints apply a premium or a discount to the base price.
If you only want to change a specific sellpoint it is a little more difficult as in the save game the placeables.xml only contain parameters for a formula.
Bullet009900

Re: Wood sell price

Post by Bullet009900 »

Each time I have tried these edits I have started a new save to test them. Im setting up my mods for an elk mountain playthrough and trying to get wood price reduced, ideally at all sell points (carpentry and train too) but was just doing the sawmill to make life a bit easier.

Ive only got elk mountain, the EMR sawmill and easydevtools mods loaded to make sure no conflicts and have tried all the methods, sawmill xml, the maps economy xml and nothing seems to actually change the price for a 4m spruce log from the base of the tree, only sometimes is the displayed price changed.

Elk mountain had no wood filltype in its economy file so I had created one which changed the displayed price in the prices tab but still the log was sold at the same price as default.