What’s wrong with AI workers

GrimGandalf

Re: What’s wrong with AI workers

Post by GrimGandalf »

In all honesty I feel the AI workers on this game are just like anything else in life. The more you practice with them the better you get to understand their weaknesses and strengths.
You also have to realize that mods can alter their movements as well. a 12M planter in game may work different than a modded 12M planter for instance due to a variety of reasons. So the worker may use it differently. Heck even different tractor set ups can make a worker use an implement differently. I have a tractor with duel wheels that's 220 hp, and one that's 268 HP with singles and wheel weights. With a pull behind 12m planter rated for 220 hp the 220 hp tractor with duels can work it and do it well while the 268 hp tractor has lots of issues with the same planter.

For me I'm always looking for the challenges of how I need to set the field up to give my guys the best opportunity to succeed. It's part of the fun.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Wolf Farming wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:10 am Ok the AI workers have always been pretty bad but on 22 they seem even dimmer than before I mean if this was real world they would be sacked for the amount of mayhem and damage they cause they drive into rivers ditch’s and trees or into traffic thank god there’s no collision damage on vehicles in this game or insurance premiums otherwise I would be bankrupt in the first couple of hours of playing they don’t know left from right they regularly go over the same part they’ve already done or plow up a seeded field costing me money to reseed it and fuel as well sometimes it’s better to do it yourself rather than risk the AI destroying your hard work they seriously need an IQ increase and lessons on how to drive maybe a pair of left an right wellies as well
Yeah they *censored*, I did a back to back test with FS13, base game articulated tractor and cultivator in a large rectangular field.
FS13 helper did way better. Fs22 helper drove in circles then backed halfway across the map. I would be way more willing to spend money on DLCs if they would fix AI/helper functionality.
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Those who needs Autodrive and Courseplay for Farming Simulator they will never learn how to play properly :lol:
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

EUROFARMER22 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:15 am Those who needs Autodrive and Courseplay for Farming Simulator they will never learn how to play properly :lol:
There's a properly?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

blue_painted wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:16 am
There's a properly?
They must not be very well liked in real life so they’re playing true to that 😂
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

While I am tempted to say I wouldn't trust the AI workers to open a packet of crisps for me since their definition of 'help' is sketchy at best, they aren't totally hopeless. I find they do better with small tractors and implements as long as the field is rectangular. Some fields doing the headlands first improves their chances but for other fields they still find ways to wrap their tractor around a tree even when its nowhere near them. Drive to destination is a nice feature when it works, so its fair to say the helpers have made very small improvements over the various versions of this game.

Generally what I do for fun is have them mow a field with the JD self-propelled mower... yes the old slow one or have them lime a small field with the JD Gator. My headcanon is if they complete that job well its a competence test/work interview and they might get eventually promoted to skilled workers using Courseplay. The extra cost for how slow they are doing those jobs I figure are for training.