Fermenting Silos Won't Accept Fresh Cut Maize

wiggersjoelt

Fermenting Silos Won't Accept Fresh Cut Maize

Post by wiggersjoelt »

I've been playing on PC on NF Marsch 4Fach map for awhile now and I'm getting into harvesting some corn for silage. I've been using the 60ft stave silo for storage and I've been unloading using the New Holland forage blower. However, to my dismay the corn silage only unloads onto the ground. I've tried several different fermenting silos but none of them accept corn silage. They will accept fresh cut grass though. What is the problem?

Thanks,

Joel W
UncleRico

Re: Fermenting Silos Won't Accept Fresh Cut Maize

Post by UncleRico »

Probably need to add the fill type to the xml. It sounds like you’re playing with maize plus so you’d need to go in to the silo and change the fill types around or find one set up for maize plus. There’s one here that will https://jmf-modding.itch.io/ just make sure to download the maize plus version and the blower to fill it.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I am guessing you are using maize plus as you say Fresh Maize, as has been mentioned above I am guessing the silo you are using is not maize plus compatible if you don't want to use the one UncleRico has linked then search YouTube for Disturbed Simulations he is part of the farming agency and has an easy to follow video on making productions maize plus ready.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:15 pm ... search YouTube for Disturbed Simulations he is part of the farming agency and has an easy to follow video on making productions maize plus ready.
This is spot-on advice and easy to do.

If you're interested, you can also change a TMR/forage production placeable to mix your TMR/forage in the MaizePlus recipes. It's a little tricky, but doable. I changed this one (https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2022) for young mix and dairy mix so far.
Playing on PC
keeganleach

Post by keeganleach »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:15 pm I am guessing you are using maize plus as you say Fresh Maize, as has been mentioned above I am guessing the silo you are using is not maize plus compatible if you don't want to use the one UncleRico has linked then search YouTube for Disturbed Simulations he is part of the farming agency and has an easy to follow video on making productions maize plus ready.
I was wondering if someone has a transcript how to make silos maizeplus ready? It's easier for me to follow along.