You have lost connection to the game (PS5)

Smokee

You have lost connection to the game (PS5)

Post by Smokee »

I used to be able to join multiplayer servers but not recently, I get the following error when I try to join any server, official or private: You have lost connection to the game. The game loads till 99%. No mods in my game, no mods on the server. I can join any multiplayer session with any other game I have. My PS5 has nat type 2, upnp is turned on in the router, the connection is wifi and I have ipv4 address and DNS is 1.1.1.1, any suggestions? I also tried with g-portal and nitrado dedicated servers.

update: I can join hosted server(not dedicated)
update2: I am able to join from PC using the same router settings

update3: I managed to join the server. It turned out that my provider's router was using ipv6, had to call them and ask to use ipv4 and put the router into bridge mode.
Last edited by Smokee on Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Guil

Re: You have lost connection to the game

Post by Guil »

I get this regularly with some servers. Only fix I have found is to enable a vpn
Smokee

Re: You have lost connection to the game

Post by Smokee »

Guil wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:52 pm I get this regularly with some servers. Only fix I have found is to enable a vpn
hm, but how a VPN helps? Did you choose a different country?
Guil

Re: You have lost connection to the game (PS5)

Post by Guil »

I just left it on automatic but yeah it picked another country. I help manage a large mp community of over 150 servers and from time to time I have this issue, start the vpn and I can connect.