Question for PS5 players

Moot

Question for PS5 players

Post by Moot »

I guess this is for everyone but I’m currently playing on a ps5 … do you get game crashes on ALL your maps when things get really busy (late game and loads of activity)

Farm Sim 22 runs great on the PS5 in my experience. No glitchy graphics or shader problems. But!

I’ve logged over 2,000 hours on FS22 using my PS5, so what I’m seeing is pretty consistent. When a map gets to a certain point where things are busy with equipment, animals, productions, and several fields being worked, I start to get game-closing crashes. Once they start, the crashes happen 2 or 3 times in a play session. It happens on maps from Giants (especially Silverrun which I loved), to mod maps as clean as AlienJim’s stuff to celobuki’s perfect Alma map.

I’m getting pretty frustrated with having a map become unplayable once things are really active and it feels satisfying for all the hard work.

Detail: the only thing installed on my ps5 is FS22, so there’s plenty of storage space. I also keep mods storage around 50%, so it’s not a RAM issue.
ASOLANDRI

Re: Question for PS5 players

Post by ASOLANDRI »

I kinda never get up to these kind of play hours on my save, most hours I got was 100+ hours on alma, never had crashes though even when I used 50% space of the mods.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

I would be curious what tractors and equipment mods you’re using. There’s some really detailed mods that are more demanding of resources. Enough of these in a tight area with ai going and lots of objects like bales and piles around can be more than enough to cause issues. You could also look into cleaning the dust out of your Playstation. There’s a fair info out about resource heavy games causing crashes due to heat. A good cleaning might help especially since your setup sounds like it could push your console to it’s limits.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

I had this issue on my PS4 pro before I got a PS5. The only way I could not crash was to spread my animal pens across the map and not use ones with huge capacity. On my PS5 I've stayed with this strategy with no issues.....same would work for productions I'm guessing
Moot

Post by Moot »

Ahh, I can see a connection to ramping up animal pens.

I am 83 hours into Pallegney with no problems and I just finished buying all the animal pens and now I am crashing every 30 minutes. That’s using map pens, not mods.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Moot wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:57 am I’ve logged over 2,000 hours on FS22 using my PS5, so what I’m seeing is pretty consistent. When a map gets to a certain point where things are busy with equipment, animals, productions, and several fields being worked, I start to get game-closing crashes. Once they start, the crashes happen 2 or 3 times in a play session. It happens on maps from Giants (especially Silverrun which I loved), to mod maps as clean as AlienJim’s stuff to celobuki’s perfect Alma map.
I also have 2000+ hrs on my PS5. And also in my experience any map, even the Giants maps, becomes laggy after a certain point. In my observations I see that it is more about the animal count/pen count than the machinery count. Somehow the animals or the movement of the animal messes up with tha game itself. In any map, after about 200 hrs I definetely get FPS drops all over the map. Regardless of how much machinery I sell. It only gets back to normal if I get rid of the animals. However, the only time I had game crashes were all about mod conflicts. It is way too tricky to figure out which mod but mine were always production mods.
PS5 / FS22
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

For me, the crashes started when I replanted a field of trees on Silver Run. Every time i went near them, the game ground to a stuttering mess, and more often than not crashed. Too many things to keep track of (swaying tree branches in this case i assume) seems to end in that outcome. Not sure its linked to play time, rather the fact that BY that number of hours you have a lot of things going on.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I guess they didn't factor those things into the slot count. Or, they got about half way, then turned their attention to something else, maybe the US config.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Urinal2001 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:42 pm For me, the crashes started when I replanted a field of trees on Silver Run. Every time i went near them, the game ground to a stuttering mess, and more often than not crashed. Too many things to keep track of (swaying tree branches in this case i assume) seems to end in that outcome. Not sure its linked to play time, rather the fact that BY that number of hours you have a lot of things going on.
Seems to be the trees my game would start to stutter when I look at the forest or drive by them. No crashes though.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Moot

Post by Moot »

Update

I sold the animal pens in the NW part of Pallegney and continued farming. I haven’t had any crashes since. Thanks to Decriptus for suggesting a problem with too many animal pens.

Note

I think it has to do with number of pens and not number of animals. I’ll update if I learn anything new.

I also want to say that I’ve had zero performance issues on the ps5. It’s not like a congested farm or lots of trees cause any problems for me.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

I think it's the sheep....I've noticed they're the only ones that don't have smooth animations, mine seem to have frame drop and stutter across the pasture all the other animals move are smoothly