Rennebu Discussion and reports

humbe

Re: Rennebu Discussion and reports

Post by humbe »

olahaldor wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:02 am There should be snow during winter. I don't know why it's not for you. :(
There was a bit of snow during time I fast forwarded fast in February, but came and went fast. Had a short time window with snow in tree texture. Guessing we're limited with in game weather mechanics not fitting Norwegian winter, and likely randomness as to weather not making snow likely to stick. I'll compare with later winters. Maybe one day months is a bit short for winter to set in too. Would be cool if frozen was a field state and harsher winters were better supported.

Talking about winters, creating wood for people to burn at home to stay warm is also a fairly big market here. I guess theres no in game functionality for chopping wood into bags that can be sold. Something like this https://dalen.no/produkter/2054-vedmaskin/
would be cool.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

One day/month is to short to get snow to stay
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I have snow! What I ment is that the ground is frozen, normally in may but also in june. Is that how it is in Rennebu? I use the mod Rainpain.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

I can't answer to or support the use of any mods that alter the climate, but from growing up, most often we had snow up until mid May. Not much, but enough to be a hassle if it didn't go away soon enough for seeding.
Some times, not often, there could even be snowfall at the very beginning of June. It wouldn't last the day, but it was still a weird eerie feeling after having a few good days of sun, then suddenly a chill morning you'd look out the window at 7 am and see the snow falling. :zunge:
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Rainpain doesnt change climate, but it does so the weather/climate has more effect. In basegame rain have effect on harvesting, but with rainpain it also has effect on other types of fieldwork as well. And if ground is frozen different tools will need repair more often :-)
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding