Food mixer for cows

wolverine5pl

Food mixer for cows

Post by wolverine5pl »

Hey Guys.
I'm having big problem. I want to try to have cows.
I know You need to feed them to get milk. Kuhn SPV confort 12 is way to do it. But how to use it??

Grass -> Hay
Wheat -> straw ?
Corn (is it same as maize)-> silage

what about straw? what is it how to get it? is it whats left from wheat and then I can use balers to get bales?
what about chaff?
and how to feed that food mixer kuhn?

in cow pasture there are two boxes. one im guessing gonna me solid mature, other one what is for? I can dump there silage but I read I can also dump there hay.
What are wagons for? and also there's tipping trailer what is for chaff looks similiar to wagon whats the difference?
I'm confused. Please anyone can explain that
Rhys

Re: Food mixer for cows

Post by Rhys »

See here:

I know its french but the pictures should tell you alot:

http://forum.landwirtschafts-simulator. ... 35&t=45843
wolverine5pl

Post by wolverine5pl »

how to make straw tho?
I was able to make hay, silige loaded and did put two bales from wheat and had 4-5% of straw but even after third bale % didnt changed. what was wrong?
Tonko

Post by Tonko »

Only dump corn silage/chaff into the large bay next to the cow pasture, the smaller one is for manure from your cows as you suspected. The Forage Wagons can be used on your fields or on cut grass to collect it after harvesting or mowing. This then can be dumped directly into the two feeding troughs at the pasture. Grass can only be dumped into the trough next to the manure bay and straw at the cow barn. You get Chaff from Corn/Maize after using a harvester on it.

You get Straw from Hay Bales you create after harvesting Wheat and Barley. The Pottinger Mex 6 can turn corn into Chaff, and the Krone Big X can either turn Corn or Grass to Chaff depending on the attachment.

If you want to make mixture feed you need to have Hay Bales, Straw Bales and Fermented Chaff/Silage. You get Hay by cutting grass and then drying and bailing it.

Sorry if I didnt cover everything but if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
sword

Post by sword »

i have see the french tutorial, so i can dump the straw directly in the cow pen with the forage wagon? i have try to do that but without success!!
Tonko

Post by Tonko »

You can, its just really fiddly. You need to approach the troughs on a angle and it takes a few tries.
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

sword wrote:i have see the french tutorial, so i can dump the straw directly in the cow pen with the forage wagon? i have try to do that but without success!!
It's easiest to use the bale shredder extension. Just drop a bale in it, and it will spray the hay into the barn.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

They really needed to make more tutorials on how to do things like this...