FPS issue

totte1015

FPS issue

Post by totte1015 »

Anyone else have the problem while have over 5x speed that you get periodicly HUGE fps drops?

I see my FPS going from ~100 to 5 in a instant, then it goes up again... Every 3 second or so, i have to play on normal speed which is annoying on nights... How do i fix that FPS drop?

16GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 580 3GB
3.33GHz i5

But the only weird is that it drains whole process usage on the #1 only, i guess its some leaking problem and makes the game bad that way
StringBean

Re: FPS issue

Post by StringBean »

This seems to be a common problem with the 500 series graphic cards.

I dont know how to fix it but what I can tell you is that im having similar issues with the 560 Ti card. I have turned off multisample antialiasing, and anisotropic filtering and have reduced my graphic settings from very high (auto) to high but still seem to be having FPS issues.

Maybe we need to wait for a driver update or something.
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

I have a 560Ti and have had no such issues
StringBean

Post by StringBean »

That's strange then, what graphic settings are you using?
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

1920x1080
Auto- Very High
2xAA
2xAF

It set it like that itself, and I didn't even bother
matt-xx

Post by matt-xx »

Try to turn off Vertical Sync.
Triodes

Post by Triodes »

the reason why it only drains 1 core is because this game probably does not support multi-core. (same as farming-sim 2011), but that shouldn't be too much of a problem, i ran it on 1 core of an intel i3 so....
and as a programmer i can tell you that it is not a leak, a leak would cause massive memory usage not cpu usage. it could be that there is an infinite loop running somewhere. but i don't have the source code (obviously) so i cant tell.
Last edited by Triodes on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy to help :)
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

FS13 supports multi-core, like FS11 already did.
Triodes

Post by Triodes »

well i didn't notice that on FS11, it always drains 1 core, and uses none of the others. you know why?
Happy to help :)
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

I guess because your GPU isn't that strong and hence the game simply didn't use more then one core. Noticed the same on my old laptop.
When I just had my new computer, I once logged the usage of my CPU on a mod map, which needs pretty much resources. 95%, 85%, 15%, 5% usage with an i5 3570k @3.8GHz on the first both cores and 3.6GHz on the other two and nothing running in the background that would use that much CPU power. So FS11 was using at least 3 cores.
And FS13 is also using at least 2 cores at the default map without any mods. About 75% on one core and about 20% on another core.