having trouble with some mods

keeganleach

having trouble with some mods

Post by keeganleach »

Someone created this set of John Deere of combines, headers, and header transporter. I also have a grain truck that is the same way i can't see it at all! I can not get those mods and I was wondering if you would be willing to look at it and see what is wrong? I have put the links at the bottom. I was thinking it was because i have too many mods in the game too! I also would like to know if someone will be creating the alternative tipping mod? also is there anyway you could also tell me how to modify implements and things so i can create my own mods maybe? Thank you in advance!
keeganleach

Re: having trouble with some mods

Post by keeganleach »

WolfDK1984

Post by WolfDK1984 »

Well..

LMAO that took you half a day to figure out...
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other Bastard die for his"
George S. Patton.

"Who am I? I am but the sum of my experiences
and today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow"
TerraByte.

"And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up"
Thomas Wayne.
keeganleach

Post by keeganleach »

WolfDK1984 wrote:Well..

LMAO that took you half a day to figure out...
Well it isn't like i am on the forums all day WOLFDK1984!!!!
tom42728

Post by tom42728 »

ok

the script have changed from FS 2011 to 2013 - if these are converted mods and using new scripts

if can see farmer/driver and not the mod look in the model xml file for setting useworldxzRotation and set it to false

in the shop look at bottom make sure says can pick up mod at shop if gives need to remove equipment first you will need to check mod type in the mod xml file (mod xml is the xml for the mod you are using and not the moddesc.xml)

if you buy and says the mod can be picked up but is not at the shop then you will need to troubleshoot the mod (use the log.txt files in the fs2013 folder (where the mods folder is located) the log file will usually tell you why a mod wont load and list warnings and errors most warnings can be ignored errors will need to be fixed (some texture warnings will also make a mod appear invisible as in the 1st issue above) usually needs the png or jpeg files converted to dds with a paint program or image editor with the nvidia dds plug in

as for modding can try the modding tutorials available on this site they are not free though - these tools are the basics they don't go into much detail for starting a mod or the scripts (which this game evidentally is choking on extras scripts from FS 2011)

John Deere I myself also love JD wish had some of them as base models in this simulator but in converting them from FS 2011 to 2013 many have ES Limiter, Work Lights a few more extras on some - the ES Limited is nice but in 2013 can get it to work then next time in game it don't or function erratically

as for downloading mods be warned not all of them are working or not working as intended - think some of these guys that uploaded just throwed in the steps in moddesc.xml and uploaded them and then you have mods that don't appear right or driveability is awful I am having a hard time with driveability settings my krone 1100 i made for 2011 took off from the field like an air plane without wings lol

good luck with your mods if i do upload any mods they will be after full test and 100% no warnings or errors and operate as intended which will be a while yet
Platform: PC
Specs: ASUS ROG Strix x570 MB, Ryzen 9 x5950 CPU, 128gig DDR4 Ram and GTX 1660 SC Ultra Graphics Card