Farm simulator 2013 Error

Wizard595

Farm simulator 2013 Error

Post by Wizard595 »

I recently Bought farm simulator 2013 off of Steam and am getting an error saying : could not initi 3D system shader model 3.0 required. I have a dell Inspiron 1545 with Mobile Intel(R) 4 series Express family chipset I have directX 11 and I think all my graphic drivers are up to date but because I have a dell I had to get the driver update from them and not Intel. I would love to play the game soon Any help would be great! I hope this is enough info.

(My Intel graphics driver update version is 8.15.10.1808)
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: Farm simulator 2013 Error

Post by bassaddict »

That's just an old onboard graphics chip. You won't be able to play FS13 with that laptop. For my netbook even the newest drivers didn't work. And even if it would work, you won't be really happy with it because of the major laggs.
Wizard595

Post by Wizard595 »

So there is nothing at all I can do? other games work fine on this computer The last time I check I do have shader model 3.0
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

Nothing, except getting a better computer.
Wizard595

Post by Wizard595 »

I know your probably tired of me by now but I went onto systemrequirementslab.com I found out the only problem with the chipset was there was not enough dedicated memory for the Graphics Do you think I could give it more mem. by changing it in the bios? Intel said that 64MB was NOT the maximum
Wizard595

Post by Wizard595 »

Wizard595 wrote:I know your probably tired of me by now but I went onto systemrequirementslab.com I found out the only problem with the chipset was there was not enough dedicated memory for the Graphics Do you think I could give it more mem. by changing it in the bios? Intel said that 64MB was NOT the maximum
64 is the current amount ( I know that's low)
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

Forget about these system requirement check pages. When it comes to graphics, most of them (or maybe all of them) are wrong.
Onboard graphics chips are NOT made for gaming and DO NOT meat the minimum requirements. The latest onboard graphics chips (or more correctly onchip graphics or in general IGPs) from Intel and AMD would run FS, but only on the lowest settings and due to the missing dedicated memory often not really smooth. At least absolutely not recommendable to get any laptop or desktop with just IGP when you plan on 3D gaming.