What do you want to see in patch 1.4 ?

RaShCl

Re: What do you want to see in patch 1.4 ?

Post by RaShCl »

I also would like to see a way to remove the trees ingame.

Or better a option to remove what you place by means of mods and then specificaly the trees, fences and barns mod.
Becouse its easy to mis place a barn and cant remove it unless you edit the map witch changes the map also into a diffrent hash #
witch makes it difficult to play on teh same map if you need to send evrybody ther new version.
isycz

Post by isycz »

Admittedly, it would be preferable to remove them in-game but I think you can remove placeable objects by simply removing them from your games XML file.
mosslane

Post by mosslane »

To be able to zoom out the camera to fully see implements like in 2011. I find spraying, for example, difficult the way things are
BuggsK100RS

Post by BuggsK100RS »

You can Zoom out use your mouse wheel!!!
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

If you don't have a mouse wheel, use pgup & pgdn.
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
Cpt.Ass
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by Cpt.Ass »

Add a option for colorblind players. Either to tick it in graphics settings or a line ingame like Inspector.
Steam: mikerowe666 - feel free to add me.
Cadde

Post by Cadde »

I would like you to improve the physics somehow. When two objects touch they should have some (more?) damping to them if they end up in a race condition. This to avoid two objects constantly bumping into each other.
A few other examples of what i see needs some love with physics and/or scripts related to physics:

* Wool pallets are too large for the bale trailer (they can fit nicely but due to physics they tend to spazz) and decreasing their size or increasing the size of the bale trailer would be beneficial to the core game. Even if a mod can do that it's a core game issue none the less.
* Wool pallets should not stick to each other, if they find they have stuck together (through a sanity check) then they should be unstuck prior to the next physics frame/update.
* Attachments (forks etc) should be more rigid, their simulated weight should be much higher on the operating end while not affecting the machine that has them attached. (per entity weight discrepancy, this would give them a much higher resistance to lighter objects.)

Quick edit:

Oh yes, the bale trailer can get into some "impossible" situations due to the physics too. Where two pallets end up in a race condition and flips the bale trailer over on their own accord. Add a sanity check to the trailer itself, if it's tipping more than 30 degrees all pallets should unlock and slide off rather than them sticking to the trailer and making it possible for it to flip out of control.
I am tired of having to flip a completely upside down trailer back just because i touched a wool pallet to another and they slid into the trailer frame and locked there causing the whole thing to dance like a mad man.

/Quick edit

I would like to see some rendering optimizations. While my PC isn't the very top of the line (I7 @ 3.5 stock clock, GTX580 and 8 GB 1600MHz ram) i know it should be able to handle much better than 70 FPS on average with a game of this caliber.
Yes, 70 FPS is fine but it's when you add more to it that it tends to bog down. Especially light sources, which should be running on the GPU and the GPU is not under much load at all. Inherently, all of this may be a side effect of being so LUA heavy in the game but the LUA simulation should yield at some point, preferably by a setting the player can adjust based on his preference. (Short story, i get frame drops from time to time)

Whenever i reverse a machine, going from forward to reverse in particular i notice quite a long delay before the machine actually goes into reverse. Either add Forward/Backward gear settings so the user can switch and use the throttle to accelerate in either direction and leave the braking to the "brakes" keybind.
Or, remove the delay by altering how the switch over works in some machines. (read, pallet loaders as an example)
I have worked with these machines in the past and (as long as you know what you are doing) it's possible to slam them into reverse from a slight forwards motion and back up right away. I want the same in game as i find it particularly enjoyable to do pallet loading operations. What destroys that joy most of the time is the lack of responsiveness in the machine i drive... Aside from the pallet physics and lack of content with warehouse like daily operations.

Not directly related to patch 1.4 but... Possibly in the future we could see things a farmer could do when not working the farm. I am not talking about these mini missions, i am talking about more of a persistent side task that could involve transporting stuff for other farmers with set intervals and the more you invest in that side job the more you could earn off that as you wait for your fields to grow and sheep/cattle needing feeding etc.
My ultimate side task would be to play some "Forklift simulator" in FS... (Don't ask, i just love the skill kk?)
So you have a warehouse operation on the side that will benefit from you working there when you have nothing else to do.
monkeybee11

Post by monkeybee11 »

fix the pellet fork missions some tiems when me finsh them as soon as me get to the location and finsh the mission my front loader and anything atached to it to mental and flip all over the map @_@ hard to reset them sometimes bc they end up out of bound D:
Wevee

Post by Wevee »

monkeybee11 wrote:fix the pellet fork missions some tiems when me finsh them as soon as me get to the location and finsh the mission my front loader and anything atached to it to mental and flip all over the map @_@ hard to reset them sometimes bc they end up out of bound D:
That would be because you are running into the green circle full speed I assume, you have to think of the circle as a wall, start to slow down before you hit it in the mean time.

If you want to test this, pan your camera through the front of the green area and watch it snap around.
scrivy

Post by scrivy »

mosslane wrote:To be able to zoom out the camera to fully see implements like in 2011. I find spraying, for example, difficult the way things are
Try page up and page down to zoom in and out.
BCRancher

Post by BCRancher »

"What do you want to see in patch 1.4"

I posted earlier in this topic my dream scenarios and after having played a while longer and looking back I've changed my opinion.

I want to see "Evidence of a company that is committed to consistent updates in content and quality for the platform in question".

If I wanted to buy a game and have it sit on a shelf unfinished and unloved I would have bought a game from EA. Seeing the expansive community around FS2013 gave me great hope that this game had a developer that was in-tune with the community and had a passion for the game they had created. I've not seen evidence of that yet. Postings from the developer in German (in an english forum) about mobile and console markets has not engendered a feeling that they were hard-at-work on the next update - but rather that the PC platform had been left behind in search of new and more exciting ways to make money.
xScPx

Post by xScPx »

i have been playing this game for more than 140hrs on steam , and i can say that instead of thinking what to add,
i think its better to use it to fix the little problems that exists in this game like:

i dont know if its a bug but:

when you hire a worker, you expect to do the work well and complete beacuse it is taking you a considerable amount of money
if we talk about 4 fields at a time but whats the real scenario? Well...

1.- the worker does the job incomplete all over the edges,
2.- they get stuck in some corners due to a dam tree -.-
3.- they do not use the full extension of the tool , so why i buy a tool of 7m if the worker that is gonna use it ,
it only use the 60 - 70% of the tool, this means more time and money for a job bad done! (feels like getting robbed)

this 3 points are getting me tired and making me feel kind of bored , because insted of the worker helps you , you have to fix the work that the hired worker do

other point , i havent found if im doing something wrong or if its a bug but...

i bought 100 chickens and i can only harvest 57 eggs?! and the other 43??? does this means that if i buy 1000 chickens im still only allowed to harvest 57 eggs at a time?
this should be fixed

for me, that it was my first approach to farming simulator, it took me more than 1hr to find out how the game works... the tutorial only helps you to understand the machines but not play the game itself, its lacks of tutorials or instrucctions to play the game on the career mode, it force you to find a good youtube video to understand a little bit the game and to press every single key on the keyboard or look at the options then controls to find out what key does what

also it lacks information of what is what on the map inside the pda and the ubication of the stores

for the moment i only found this things that should be fix and added to the patch
herrman

Post by herrman »

BCRancher wrote:"What do you want to see in patch 1.4"

I posted earlier in this topic my dream scenarios and after having played a while longer and looking back I've changed my opinion.

I want to see "Evidence of a company that is committed to consistent updates in content and quality for the platform in question".

If I wanted to buy a game and have it sit on a shelf unfinished and unloved I would have bought a game from EA. Seeing the expansive community around FS2013 gave me great hope that this game had a developer that was in-tune with the community and had a passion for the game they had created. I've not seen evidence of that yet. Postings from the developer in German (in an english forum) about mobile and console markets has not engendered a feeling that they were hard-at-work on the next update - but rather that the PC platform had been left behind in search of new and more exciting ways to make money.
Tell me the name of ONE pc game launched in the last 10 years which DIDN'T NEED sudden patching to repair MAJOR FLAWS.
And eventually the price...
Solitaire and Mahjongg Titans bundled with M$ products are not allowed as an answer

Back on topic (not really): I've read the most insane requests, the weirdest comments, and some remarks which make me HOPE Giants developers didn't read this topic.

But... couldn't you try the DEMO before buying it??

Now really on topic:
Map too labyrintic, I really miss a north-south road
insufficient silage capacity
too fast growth and rotting also on "slow" mode

AndRAIN
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
Nina

Post by Nina »

I want rain..... and mabey a more realistic mode where you fertailize and spray many times, and it takes mabey a week to grow to harvest.

edit: actualy. a COMPLETE manual and tutorial system... if people have to ask on the forum for just about EVERY task on the farm, then they clearly didnt give us enough information. the manual they DO give us is what I would espect as the features page on the website to try and sell me the game.
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

"But... couldn't you try the DEMO before"

The demo doesn't give and idea of the many bugs the game have that should be fixed with the next patch (at least the most of them). It's just for a simple view of the grafics and some activities you can do on the game.
For example, you ask for rain, since the problem with the weather is that it is "reinicied" every time you save the game, you couldn't see this problem on the demo version.