Hay Bales

livinglife75

Hay Bales

Post by livinglife75 »

What do I do with hay bales? I spent over 100,000 dollars on a square baler and dont know what to do with them :confusednew: (not to mention they are a pain to load on a trailer)
wizard4278

Re: Hay Bales

Post by wizard4278 »

livinglife75 wrote:What do I do with hay bales? I spent over 100,000 dollars on a square baler and dont know what to do with them :confusednew: (not to mention they are a pain to load on a trailer)
Here's a thought, maybe make cattle feed?!!?
If this is also a concept you can't quite wrap your head around,
I'd might suggest watching a few tutorials, readily available on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
livinglife75

Post by livinglife75 »

wizard4278 wrote:
livinglife75 wrote:What do I do with hay bales? I spent over 100,000 dollars on a square baler and dont know what to do with them :confusednew: (not to mention they are a pain to load on a trailer)
Here's a thought, maybe make cattle feed?!!?
If this is also a concept you can't quite wrap your head around,
I'd might suggest watching a few tutorials, readily available on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com
I can't make feed yet, dont have the money to get the machine, and no machine to plant and harvest corn. Just wondering if there was anything I could do with them in the mean time.
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

You can sell them here:

Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

getting some attitude ,wiz
Alienware PC.
RaShCl

Post by RaShCl »

@ wizard4278
I know this is probebly not the place to say it, and if it is in teh wrong place sorry about that.

But thers no need to say things like you just did to a normal question from sombody
Were not all wizards you know.

The way i read your comments to a normal question is absolutely rude.
becouse your implementing things that you cant know.

thats all i will say about it

But remember a lot of people dont know the ins and outs like you do.
reider

Post by reider »

Alternatively save the bales and later crush them or put them in a mixer as and when you get one. Don't forget, you can use grass instead of corn as a constituent of the silage you need. So you got chaff, you can easily get grass, even from around field edges for now. From the grass you can ferment it and get silage. Put in a Futterlager with the GE (Giants Editor) and you have a good start.

I keep some bales back for emergency and just make them as and when I feel like it, two to three times I needed them so far. The rest of the time I use the Futterlager as it is much much easier and faster. Apart that is from the round bales I use to spray straw for bedding for both my cows and my pigs.
livinglife75

Post by livinglife75 »

Thanks for all the helpful information everyone! I am new to FS2013 and still trying to learn the ins and outs, and have gotten alot of info from the forums. So far I am loving this game *thumbsup*
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

Hi, livinglife75. You might want to look in on my Farmer Jeff's Career thread. It documents the trials and tribulations of a brand-new farmer just like you are now. There aren't really any tips in there, but maybe you'll be comforted after reading about someone experiencing similar challenges in this great farming game.
livinglife75

Post by livinglife75 »

Just read your thread Farmer Jeff and really enjoyed it :biggrin2: Thank you for your insight and how to add realism to this great game.
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

RaShCl wrote:@ wizard4278
I know this is probebly not the place to say it, and if it is in teh wrong place sorry about that.

But thers no need to say things like you just did to a normal question from sombody
Were not all wizards you know.

The way i read your comments to a normal question is absolutely rude.
becouse your implementing things that you cant know.

thats all i will say about it

But remember a lot of people dont know the ins and outs like you do.
I'm sorry RaSHCI but I can't see anything rude about Wizards comment. He quite clearly explained what to do with bales and where to get extra information (and with links and pictures, which is more than anyone else does around here). The OP now knows exactly what the bale destroyer looks like and also where to go for video tutorials, which are 100 times better than trying to write an explanation of the concept of the bale destroyer IMHO.

I don't want to upset anyone and certainly don't want to get in to an argument over which is the "correct" way to reply to comments but I'm sure the moderators would much rather you bring any perceived infringement directly to them rather than trying to deal with it yourself?

Peace,
Bob :hi: