FS 2013 TITANIUM EDITION ANNOUNCED

sfy

Re: FS 2013 TITANIUM EDITION ANNOUNCED

Post by sfy »

gotta admit, that Cat fleet is sweet. though i think they had to redo the frontloaders for some reason, but of course they are available for download already.

one thing i was hoping to see on a future DLC was a real dark night, but then the Real Night mod came out and solved that need.
if the Case combines have significantly more storage capacity, i might buy this.

one problem with this stuff though is it's hard to use on a server. not everyone wants to spend 20 bucks to join my server, as i found out with the Ursus pack i never use.
tom_the_farmer
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom_the_farmer »

The pack looks nice and all.. But i dont think im gonna buy it if its just as boring as the ingame stuff - no dust particles, indoor sound, washable etc etc which are on many mods now..
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

bassaddict wrote:There are definitely new features with the DLC. Until now, every DLC since FS11 provided new features, even if it were just some little things. But hey, many a little makes a mickle.

In case somebody don't know all the features:
FS11 DLC1: whole-crop harvesting
FS11 DLC2: placeable objects
FS11 DLC3: no-till seeders
FS11 Classics Addon: PTO

FS13 Ursus Addon: bale wrapper
FS13 Marshall Trailers: new particle systems
FS13 USA Addon: overloader trailer, truck

And I wouldn't be surprised if there would be some other new features.
A few questions for you bass.
What do you mean by 'whole-crop harvesting'?
Does the new particle system from the Marshall addon also affect everything else or just the Marshall trailers? Also, what's new about it?

I'm really looking forward to both the overloader trailer and truck since the ones I've had aren't that great or I end up having problems with them at some point. The map sounds pretty cool too even though I enjoy the standard one enough already.

Andy
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

I'm really looking forward to both the overloader trailer and truck since the ones I've had aren't that great or I end up having problems with them at some point.
Try the Cat pack Andy, the Kenworth truck is awesome and the srb35 style trailers can be linked together to form a road train with the dolly provided in the pack. I'm on a quite large (for me) map atm and I'm using two trailers at a time to haul to the sales points. I think they are multi-fruit as well so it's a win win all round! *thumbsup*
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

RubberPIX wrote:What do you mean by 'whole-crop harvesting'?
That thingy what the XDisc is for. In German it's called "Ganzpflanzensilage", so I assumed "whole-crop harvesting" would be the correct translation, since I've heard something like that somewhre before.
RubberPIX wrote:Does the new particle system from the Marshall addon also affect everything else or just the Marshall trailers? Also, what's new about it?
Just the Marshall trailers. But I'm pretty sure that it will also be added to next addons and the next FS version.
Just watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QOTaKk3X0E
Especially the particle system from the slurry tanker is really awesome, the one from the trailer is also very good, much better than the one from the default trailers IMHO. The animations from the manure spreaders are also really good. It shows that Giants is constantly improving their vehicle animations.
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

I got to admit that's some impressive animations going on right there. It would be awesome if Giants could patch them to all of the default equipment. Now that would be a DLC worth buying and I can't see it costing Giants a lot of time. Being an animator that is something that floats my boat. Add a dirty script and some decent wheel particles and I'm in heaven! :lol:
tom_the_farmer

Post by tom_the_farmer »

Farmer_Bob wrote:I got to admit that's some impressive animations going on right there. It would be awesome if Giants could patch them to all of the default equipment. Now that would be a DLC worth buying and I can't see it costing Giants a lot of time. Being an animator that is something that floats my boat. Add a dirty script and some decent wheel particles and I'm in heaven! :lol:
Indeed.. And i dont get why they havent added the dirt scripts when they were as mods for fs11..
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

tom_the_farmer wrote:And i dont get why they havent added the dirt scripts when they were as mods for fs11..
Simply because not all companies wanted their vehicles/machines being dirty/washable in the game.
tom_the_farmer

Post by tom_the_farmer »

hahahahahahahahahaha.. do they soak them in some speciel nano paint so they dont get dirty?!
its a farming game = things get dirty..

but okay.. thats also a way to get around it..
reider

Post by reider »

I must say I'm not usually into big open areas. Sure I like some big fields but not all big fields and I like some British ones. This new pack has an American map, not exactly my cup of tea but then I run a train sim or three and thought that in there as well. If truth be told I enjoyed it in short sessions then back to the land I know a little better, for longer sessions. I could get this stuff or similar easily as mods as others have mentioned. mmmm need to think some more on this one....

That Marshall trailer DLC has nothing in it for me, I have no use for its content, as cheap as it is. The Ursus add On I said I wouldn't buy but in a fleeting moment did so, one of those days you wake and feel like a treat. Then realize maybe it wasn't such a treat after all, though I do use three of the tractors I suppose. Times are bad just now and may get worse but I think if I have the money and am still around I might just go for the Titanium Pack.

One thing I must point out though is a lot of suppliers give a discount when you pony up the cash up front and pre order. Really, if the price is $19.99 now and still $19.99 on release day then you aren't giving folk much reason to sign on the dotted line are you? Most likely some folk will wait and see what others think of it after they purchased it. I may even end up doing that myself yet. OK, enough drivel from me....
gr4474

Post by gr4474 »

sfy wrote:there will be a few things that will be console only, though we don't know what that is. but the equipment should be the exact same, as should the map.

in a separate thread we got this news regarding this DLC, back when this was first announced
"Stegei wrote:
Some of the features are PS3/Xbox360 only, since they make no sense on the PC. However most things, especially the important things like the vehicles and the map, are only timed exclusive, which means these things will be released on PC as well as soon as we have prepared this content for the PC as well."
Sold! Thanks
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

on the subject of new things added to dlc's, the farming classics 2013 and the Ursus pack, the shovel bucket for the front end loaders also pickup sugar beets and potatoes. on the titanium addon there is a krone easyflow 300 that will turn straw into chaff.
Alienware PC.