Farming Simulator 2013 on Xbox 360/PS3

Rickenbacker

Farming Simulator 2013 on Xbox 360/PS3

Post by Rickenbacker »

So, the console version is finally here, and it's damn good, barring a few framerate and popup problems and some flickering textures. The new map is absolutely lovely, with great big fields to work, and the few new machines are great so far. But there's no multiplayer - I'm sure I read somewhere that there would be multiplayer?

I've only had time to play a few hours so far, but I'm curious as to what you guys who have it think?
trogladitez

Re: Farming Simulator 2013 on Xbox 360/PS3

Post by trogladitez »

I'm loving the game as well, but it's in dire need of a patch that gives you the option to turn up the camera speed, because at the moment it's painfully slow. An in game brightness option wouldn't be bad either.
Other than that, and apart from the few tech problems you mention, it's a good conversion.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

Yeah, some settings would be nice. And an autosave feature - I lost a few hours of work when my Xbox shut itself off to save power...
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

Also, horseshoes? The US map doesn't seem to have them. Kind of disappointing.
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Something else I came across, there seems to be an odd glitch where if you turn the vehicle lights on while working a field, there is a very noticeable drop in framerate. There must be some sort of a clash between the light and the particles.
Colonel

Post by Colonel »

Im enjoying the game so far. Ive put in a few hours on hagenstedt and come across a problem at the bio gas plant were once i empty a silage bunker i dont get the option to unload in it again even tho the fill level is 0%. anyone else having this issue?
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

Colonel wrote:Im enjoying the game so far. Ive put in a few hours on hagenstedt and come across a problem at the bio gas plant were once i empty a silage bunker i dont get the option to unload in it again even tho the fill level is 0%. anyone else having this issue?
Sounds like the old problem from the PC version: 0% doesn't always mean that every last scrap of silage is gone, you have to run through the bunker again with the scoop all the way down to empty it fully.
Colonel

Post by Colonel »

Rickenbacker wrote:
Colonel wrote:Im enjoying the game so far. Ive put in a few hours on hagenstedt and come across a problem at the bio gas plant were once i empty a silage bunker i dont get the option to unload in it again even tho the fill level is 0%. anyone else having this issue?
Sounds like the old problem from the PC version: 0% doesn't always mean that every last scrap of silage is gone, you have to run through the bunker again with the scoop all the way down to empty it fully.

I have tried doing that with the duetz front loader and silage fork but i'll try again with the bucket.
Riger

Post by Riger »

PLEASE can anybody help I have got the ps3 version of this game and Ive been working my socks off since wednessday to build my farm up and I have got to the point I cant buy anything because it says my slots are full and I need to sell something ie tractor or machinery but I need everything i got plus i still need more i havnt got any muck spreaders silage wagon or the sugar beet harvester or the potato harvester i havnt got all the tractors does anybody know how these slots work and how i can get more slots
:?: :?:
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Unfortunately this limit is given by the amount of RAM the system has. If you buy exactly the same model twice, it uses less slots for the second model. So to maximize the number of vehicles you can have, you should try to use as little different models as possible. E.g. you can use the same tractor for the different work. Also you could exchange 2 small trailers with 1 bigger trailer.
Riger

Post by Riger »

so ur telling me if I delete things off my ps3 to make more memory it will give me more slots
asavage22

Post by asavage22 »

Yep
Riger

Post by Riger »

I would just like to say thanks to Stegei and asavage for ur help I think ive solved the problem ive deleted loads of demos and stuff on my ps3 so until my next harvest were i can acumulate loads of money again I wont know for sure if that was enough but I hope it works so i can build my farm like I want to. just one other thing when or if u bring out multiplayer is this memory thing going to be a problem eg if u try to join a game which has loads of stuff on there farm
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

I think you might of misunderstood what Stegei said. Deleting stuff off your ps3 hard drive won't give you more slots in fs. It's the internal system ram which limits the amount of equipment, not hard drive space.
And if Stegei is still listening, any chance of a patch that gives us the option to turn up the camera speed.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

trogladitez is right, the limit is only dependent on the systems internal ram. So there is no way for you to change this limit, unless Sony decides to provide upgrade kits, with most probably is never going to happen.

trogladitez, what do you mean by camera speed?