Server XML Stats

snupple

Server XML Stats

Post by snupple »

Hi, I have loaded the Wordpress plugin for my server, and put in [serverlist] into the page, but I get this error:

Code: Select all

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/borg/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/server-stats-WP-1.0/dedi-server-stats.php on line 254

There doesn't seem to be a place where you specify the url for your server in the code?

Has anyone got this working? I'm a bit of a newbie to wordpress, but am quite technically minded

- Rick
TBK

Re: Server XML Stats

Post by TBK »

Here is how you install and configure the plugin:
1. Access the dashboard
2. In the left side menu click "Plugins" and then "Add New":

3. Click "Upload":

4. Download the "webStatsSDK_v14.zip" file, open it and look in the "wordPress" folder, extract the "server-stats-WP-1.0.zip" file.
5. Click "Browse" and find the extracted zip (server-stats-WP-1.0.zip) and click "Install Now":

6. If all goes well you should be able to click "Activate Plugin":

7. Open a new browser tab and access the "Dedicated Server" website.
8. Click "Settings" in the top right corner and then click "Activate" under the "Web Stats" section:

9. Copy the URL:

10. Back in the WP tab click in the left side menu click "Appearance" and then "Widgets".
11. Drag and drop "Giants Dedi Server Status" to the sidebar you want it displayed.
12. Unfold the "Giants Dedi Server Status" in the sidebar and paste the URL from the Dedicated Server in the "Server Stats URL feed" field and click "Save":

13. Browse to the frontpage, you should now see the "Giants Dedi Server Status" widget:
snupple

Post by snupple »

That, is a damn good post! Thanks for taking the time to do that, very easy to follow...

Only issue is, I did all that and this is what I see now:

Code: Select all

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to 1xx.1xx.8x.8x:18001 (Connection timed out) in /xxx/xxx/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/server-stats-WP-1.0/dedi-server-stats.php on line 28

Server Unavailable.
I can get to the stats URL in my browser, so it is working, maybe I need to open a port on my web server that hosts wordpress or something
TBK

Post by TBK »

Can you access your Dedicated Server website externally? If not then try to open port 18001 to TCP traffic.
snupple

Post by snupple »

Yes, works fine if I go to the xml stats just by clicking on the URL, but wordpress seems to have a issue
TBK

Post by TBK »

If you have shell access to the webserver hosting the wordpress site and if it is a Nix system then you could try to get the page with wget. If it can't pull the content then you know it is a problem with the server configuration.
snupple

Post by snupple »

Turns out that the service I have my web server blocks ports, so that would be why it wasn't working..

No big deal, was more of an experiment than anything else, but at least the instructions are here for someone else
TBK

Post by TBK »

Why not just use another port? You can change it in the dedicatedServer.xml files.
snupple

Post by snupple »

Not sure I can do that as the server is hosted on gameservers.com
TBK

Post by TBK »

You could try to contact support.
Spyey

Post by Spyey »

Hallo zusammen,

Ich habe einen eigenen Webspace und hatte mich entschieden, wie oben beschrieben, dass Wordpress Plugin zu nutzen, um den Serverstatus anzuzeigen.

Leider erhalte ich immer den gleichen Fehler, egal ob es um den Server bei gamed.de oder bei nitrado.net geht.

Warning: fopen(dedicated-server-stats-server_status_widget-2-217.198.135.216-10833.cached): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/w0119629/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/dedi-server-stats.php on line 78

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /www/htdocs/w0119629/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/dedi-server-stats.php on line 79

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /www/htdocs/w0119629/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/dedi-server-stats.php on line 80

Kann mir hier jemand helfen?

MFG
tom_the_farmer
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom_the_farmer »

since double posting it, you could at least take the time to translate it when you post it here..