CoursePlay Tutorials

chaskuchar1

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by chaskuchar1 »

second problem. both the h488 and agro 6.61 after unloading the combine, drive in a circle and then park right in the middle of the last row of corn. don't know if it happens with another crop but it is aggravating. I would like to set the combine going and then go to some other job on the farm instead of going elsewhere and then coming back to find the combine is stopped because the tractor/tipper is in the way. it's probably something I haven't set right but haven't been able to figure it out. thanks, chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

third question. read the instructions to get the developer courseplay. downloaded it from, 1, gethub, 2, fs-uk and third, from modhoster. I could not find the course-master folder. I am using win 10 so I might not know what to do to unpack the downloaded folder. thanks, chas
viper278

Post by viper278 »

chaskuchar1 wrote:I finally started combi unloading. I think I have read through the posts but I cant figger this one out. the h488 finally is heading for the combine at the right time I think. turned pathfinding off to solve that problem because the c6 comia is running on the same side of the field, up and back. however now the h488 gets behind the combine spout and then slows down to 3k and the combine is running faster that that. then the h488 speeds up and almost gets to where it unloads th4e combine and then slows down again. finally the combine is full, and the tractor/tipper unloads the combine. ??????? thanks, chas
Courseplay should keep the speeds in sync when approaching. Couple of questions - Are you running the combine as a hire - by courseplay - or self driven?
Have you altered the courseplay speeds in the speed controls options?

What is your vehicle pulling the tipper - the default one or a modded one? It seems that the vehicle is too close to the combine and courseplay is making it slow down to avoid it. Try setting the side offset to =0.5m to start. You can adjust on the fly when watching the action. When you see the tipper approaching the combine be on the offset options and adjust as needed. It will adjust as you make changes if the combine is still unloading.

Also check to make sure the tractor's cruise control is set all the way up. In the CP speed options - I usually leave the speeds on default settings. 14mph field speed and up to 31mph on the streets. But you can speed up field speed to 20 but it may slide past the combine when approaching so I leave mine back at 14. If you use metric - speed #'s will need conversion from my mph examples.

I very rarely use the combia because they are too slow and has a small holding capacities. So I am not sure if it is a courseplay issue or something else. Just check all the settings after you choose the course setup and go from the right icon to the left to be sure all the settings look good.

What version of courseplay are you using. The latest now is v4.01.0101 an updated one is in the works = v4.01.0105.
But when I started with CP - I never had an issue with the tipper not syncing sppeds to any harvester unless the tractor was a mod and had larger wheels and was hitting the header/cutter.

Which reminds me - are you using the right header/cutter or are you using a longer header? When I first played FS15 - I checked to see if the combia could hook up to the next larger cutter and it could. But the pipe was shorter than the header length so making the tipper approach difficult because the tractor would be hitting the header.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I am playing the nebraskaland map with corn preloaded on three large fields. I am playing hard mode so I don't have enough to buy a larger combine. (it took over 4 hours to combine the field but I got 300k of corn off it. the corn is in first stage of growth when I start the map and I fertilize it) I am only using modded equipment except for the marshall tipper. the side offset is already .5m in the auto mode. I am using a hired worker to drive the combine and tractor. I tried the next bigger modded tractor but had the same problems. the tractors cruise control drops to 3k when the tractor slows down and then speeds up when the combine is far enough away. and after the combine is full, the tractor goes 3k to get the load from the combine. l just use the default speeds from courseplay. I think it might be the corn is the problem. the first field is wheat ready to harvest and if I recall I did not have the problems there.
I tried to download a newer version of courseplay, I followed the directions to get the new version but I could not fine the courseplay-master folder in the downloaded courseplay. the version I am running is v4.01.0000. I did get a user logon to GitHub and left a post there about what was happening. at least I got a few pints of salsa made while combining the field all day... chas
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I think I solved the driving in circle problem by increasing the turning radius to 19m vs the auto 11m. cchas
rtaylor11214

Post by rtaylor11214 »

I've never used courseplay before. Is it part of the game or a mod? And when u make way points for I.e. taking a trailer to silo, how does it know when it's full and does it go to wherever the full combine is and fill itself? Obviously I'm not quite getting the concept lol.
FS15 on PC

"The only thing required for evil to win is for good men to do nothing"
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

rtaylor11214 wrote:I've never used courseplay before. Is it part of the game or a mod? And when u make way points for I.e. taking a trailer to silo, how does it know when it's full and does it go to wherever the full combine is and fill itself? Obviously I'm not quite getting the concept lol.
Q. Is it part of the game or a mod?
A. Its Mod

Q. when u make way points for I.e. taking a trailer to silo? Does it go to wherever the full combine is and fill itself?
A. There are settings in Courseplay you can use to set trailers to unload when they are at a certain fill percentage.

Q. How does it know when it's full?
A. Courseplay monitors the storage space of vehicles.

Q. Does it go to wherever the full combine is and fill itself?
A. You can set your trailers to work with a specific combine or the nearest one.

It might be worth having a look at my tutorials to get a better idea of how courseplay works as this mod is quite advanced and has many features.

I hope this Helps.

TB
rtaylor11214

Post by rtaylor11214 »

TeaBelly wrote:
rtaylor11214 wrote:I've never used courseplay before. Is it part of the game or a mod? And when u make way points for I.e. taking a trailer to silo, how does it know when it's full and does it go to wherever the full combine is and fill itself? Obviously I'm not quite getting the concept lol.
Q. Is it part of the game or a mod?
A. Its Mod

Q. when u make way points for I.e. taking a trailer to silo? Does it go to wherever the full combine is and fill itself?
A. There are settings in Courseplay you can use to set trailers to unload when they are at a certain fill percentage.

Q. How does it know when it's full?
A. Courseplay monitors the storage space of vehicles.

Q. Does it go to wherever the full combine is and fill itself?
A. You can set your trailers to work with a specific combine or the nearest one.

It might be worth having a look at my tutorials to get a better idea of how courseplay works as this mod is quite advanced and has many features.

I hope this Helps.

TB
Thanks for ur patience and answers. I began watching a tutorial, then was like,"is this part of the game?" So I came to ask if it was a mod, then the other questions just spilled out. Thanks for your answers tho.
FS15 on PC

"The only thing required for evil to win is for good men to do nothing"
Piggy74

Post by Piggy74 »

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked already but is the Chellington map courseplay friendly?

I'm able to get the combines to work the field no problem but sowing/cultivating is proving to be frustrating. The fields on this map are irregular shaped but the map maker left a good amount of room for maneuvering.

I've watched several tutorials but all them are for square shaped fields. The fields are automatically scanned and I can see the "course/perimeter" markers however the AI /courseplay will not follow the field path.

Any suggestions? :hmm:
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Courseplay can be used on any map. For irregular shape fields you can do 2 options.
1) load the field # and generate a course. depending on how irregular it is - do a couple of headlands first before the up and down. You can do up to 6 headlands. Headlands = the fields edge sides. So you can circle the field up to 6 times. Generate the course and see how it was plotted. I start with 1 headland. If there are any obstacles still in the way I reset it and do 2 headlands. Check the plotted course again and add 1 headland more if needed. Also you can start at different corners or headlands in either counterclockwise or clockwise directions.

2) If the field is so irregular that courseplay can't plot a good course, record the course yourself while sowing/cultivating. If you use the same size tool, you can use that same course for both sowing and cultivating if needed.

But you should be able to get a good plotted course from the course generator. You just have to try a few different settings to get a course you are good with.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

everything was working including backing up to the silo. then out of the blue I can't select courseplay with my loader tractor. all others I can select courseplay. I was able to select courseplay with the tractor with the mower on front and the loader wagon on the rear. now the silage is ready and can't select the courseplay. thanks, chas
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

sold the steyr tractor and had enough money to buy the small new holand. already had the loader and now I can deliver the silage to bga. chas
slojoeguam

Post by slojoeguam »

Is it my imagination or is Courseplay real touchy when it comes to saving the settings for saved courses? I've come across a bunch already that, no matter how many times I save a course, when I open reload it, some of the settings have reverted back to the default ones.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I understand what ADONIS69 is saying and it does have some truth to it, wait for it...........BUT:

As in real life, if I bought a farm, yes I would do the work. But as I expand, I would have to hire people. Now if my harvests are bringing me yields of $1,000,000+ PROFIT,
then I seriously doubt my butt would be driving ANY vehicle.

Im playing on my edited version of AmberWaves4x. I own about 1/2 of the fields and my harvests are bringing me about $3,000,000 profit. Plus, im taking care of 500 cows, 300 sheep, 250 pigs, 250 calves, 250 chicken2 and im running a potato washing/steaming operation and a silage operation. Then I also have cow and sheep breeding facilities and lettuce and tomato growing facilities. 1 cycle thru all of this takes me a week.

I do use courseplay and it's quite helpful. As in real life-----to each his own
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

ADONIS69 wrote:Guys,

without want to insult anyone, I am just writing my personal opinion and maybe I am wrong, but I find no meaning to Courseplay. Without want to offend anyone and most of all the developers of Courseplay, I think in Farming Simulator the player/gamer has to do the job and not just sit back and watch AI's doing the job and bring him lot of money.

I tried Courseplay and for me is pointless. What farmer you are if you are not entering the combine and do the harvesting ? What farmer you are if you are not entering the tractor and do the seeding ?

I know that Courseplay is very helpful to many people but for me is almost useless. I still respect the developers of Courseplay, all of you who are using Courseplay, and everyone who is trying to make tutorials, tips for better Courseplay etc etc.

As I said is ONLY my personal opinion and please accept my apologizes if you feel offended by what I wrote. My intentions weren't to offend or insult anyone.

Happy farming , with or without Courseplay :)
Hi,
Personally for me while playing in single player mode. Courseplay has the ability to bring your farm to life. I think its great when I am driving round my farm doing various jobs seeing other vehicles doing jobs. It feel like i am almost in a multi player game. Combined with other mods its truly brilliant. Also Courseplay is really handy for doing repetitive jobs that you just don't like doing. This is just my thoughts but I have to say I think Courseplay is a great mod :)

TB