Fix for stuttering/frame pacing problems despite good framerate (Giants please read)

GrandTickler

Re: Fix for stuttering/frame pacing problems despite good framerate (Giants please read)

Post by GrandTickler »

this game has had a broken shadercache since release causing all these stutters. if u look at your shaderache files theres probably multiple low file size ones while the goal should be a single 80+mb shadercache file, only then is the game stutter free. i made a video about this a year ago where i show how i generated a proper size shadercache https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6D_9bw61ww

btw above fix works for any hardware, i have a 60fps/hz monitor
Mauser5826

Re: Fix for stuttering/frame pacing problems despite good framerate (Giants please read)

Post by Mauser5826 »

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this on PS5?
I have done so much to try and fix this stutter issue played the game no issues for about 3 months then before xmas started noticing it and then it got progressively worse to unplayable. I have gone above and beyond to try and correct the issue. I was on Xbox one x ran smooth no issues 60Hz 4k TV then upgraded to Series X and no issues same monitor. The game was online as well. I then decide to get the platinum disc version loaded up played for about three weeks over weekends and then it started. It was even worse on other maps. I carried out the following and it did not fix it
- Unloaded game re-loaded online - same issue
- Cleared cache unloaded online re-installed disc - no fix
- Wiped X Box full reset - no fix
- Wiped TV - no fix
- Tried with no mods - no fix
- Adjust every setting on TV and X box in everyway manageable - no fix
- Re- booted internet - no fix
- Tried different internet in different area on a different provider- no fix
- Tried different TV 120Hz 4k - No fix
- tried on lower res
- Brought a PS5 - no fix
Only thing I haven't tried is variable rate, but I think I have spent enough time and money just to play this game. What really gets my grip is that GIANT put on this bug tracker and they don't even respond to it.
I can play any other fast paced game on line single player and not a single issue. It just puts me off getting anything else that GIANT do now purely because they don't even respond, I certainly wont be buying any season passes or FS23. I have even down loaded flight sim which has it all going on and its really smooth. GIANT should be on this issue, just because everyone isn't experiencing it shouldn't mean it gets ignored
Its a shame because its such a great game when its working.
westor

Post by westor »

I cannot believe how that fix worked on me, i spend about 1 week trying NVIDIA control panel settings and game settings about that stuttering and finally after i saw that post i decided to give a try even if it was sound like "stupid" ... and guess what.

THE "framerateLimitFPS xxx" CONSOLE COMMAND FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!!

The question is why the Giants devs are ignoring that post and they do NOT apply a hotfix to fix that bug that is the easiest fix to be made.