Parsing files to update

scoots86

Parsing files to update

Post by scoots86 »

When I launch the game (non-steam) the launcher pops up and has a message saying "parsing files to update" with a progress bar that never moves.

After about 5 minutes it times out saying the download servers are unavailable and launches the game. is anyone else having this issue?

I'm really regretting not letting Steam take their cut from Giants on this one. Never again.
Kered g

Re: Parsing files to update

Post by Kered g »

I have the same problem, I think its probably overload on the servers, there must be thousands of people trying to update that the servers cannot cope with the load, maybe a few days things will get better, at least the DVD game is playable after the message on Version 25735v
Damofarm

Post by Damofarm »

scoots86 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:29 am When I launch the game (non-steam) the launcher pops up and has a message saying "parsing files to update" with a progress bar that never moves.

After about 5 minutes it times out saying the download servers are unavailable and launches the game. is anyone else having this issue?

I'm really regretting not letting Steam take their cut from Giants on this one. Never again.
You are not the only one, I have the same issue as well as many others, it will probably fix itself soon when the number of people trying to access the server reduces. Very frustrating though
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Same problem here. The Claas DLC is the culprit. I eventually got around it though by deleting the updater directory in both locations, the install directory and my documents/my games folder. Then it finally ran, updated and did it's thing but it cost me an extra activation which I think Giants should reset everyone given all of the problems.
WalkerRJ74

Post by WalkerRJ74 »

Could you post which files and locations exactly you deleted to remedy? Thanks
scoots86

Post by scoots86 »

NickelPlate wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:55 pm Same problem here. The Claas DLC is the culprit. I eventually got around it though by deleting the updater directory in both locations, the install directory and my documents/my games folder. Then it finally ran, updated and did it's thing but it cost me an extra activation which I think Giants should reset everyone given all of the problems.
Interesting workaround, but I don't have any of the dlc installed.
scoots86

Post by scoots86 »

Anyone see anything about a fix yet?
nathonian8

Post by nathonian8 »

Hm, last post was November 26th and still nothing from Giants. Here I am on December 12 still having this problem with no solution. The 2 things I have noticed that this affects are I cannot change my HUD size or the length of seasons. These are 2 thing I would very much like to do. Did Giants look at CD Projekt and decide it was a good idea to launch a broken game and then ignore everyone?
bboz55

Post by bboz55 »

It's now December 26. NO fix yet... WHY?
Give us the OPTION to manually update, is that so hard to do?
REALLY disappointed in Giants Software.
Maybe they just need new people in charge.
bboz55

Post by bboz55 »

Dec. 27 2021
Brand new install of 1.2.0 and no mods in mods folder at all. STILL cannot do the update and STILL have to wait 5 minutes to get into the game after it says servers are down.
This is B.S. !!
Marcusjlowe

Post by Marcusjlowe »

Hi all
I have just got farming simulator 22 for my 12 year old for christmas and installed it on our desk top with the 2 discs that it came with .
After the install the game asked for the product key which i provided.
Then it came up with the same thing you guys are talking about the PARSING FILES TO UPDATE. after that 5 min wait it said the download server is down.
It wont even start the game or go any further, it shuts just shuts down.
We have FS 19 and it runs fine. the only difference is we bought that through STEAM.
Im not great with computers but ive done most things that people have recommender on here with still no luck.
Any help is much appreciated.
warwalker

Post by warwalker »

Hi Marcus (and everyone else) - I am in the exact same boat except my son is 11. He's in tears because he wants to play the up to date game. We tried all suggestions we found online for a fix to no avail, including downloading and installing the 12.8 Gigabyte digital download file that gets us up to version 1.2.0. No luck. I have disabled the firewall on his computer completely and tried to run this thing, to no avail (I suspected that the launcher is trying to contact update servers but was being blocked by the firewall). No dice. GIANTS, you need to address this issue pronto, it's obviously been a thing since the release date more than a month ago. Not cool.
Marcusjlowe

Post by Marcusjlowe »

Yes it is just terrible, just a waste of $60. I've never came across anything like this before. Surely if enough of us contact giants software they must see it.
CBurnett1989

Post by CBurnett1989 »

The issue seems to be the region of the servers. My friend changed from United States to an ip in Canada using a VPN and that solved his issue, at least so he could update. Hope this helps.
Sam124

Post by Sam124 »

Hi there. Same boat here. Downloaded software 3 times.(Pc dvd,digital download, zip file) all same conclusion. Parsing files to update then all download servers down. Tried all reccomended fixes from GIANT. Nothing! I have one unhappy kid. Any help would be appreciated