problems with olivs and weeds

Baddi83

problems with olivs and weeds

Post by Baddi83 »

I made an olive field, and harvested once. Had to plove after and got to a new harvest where i ploved after. But this time it says there are weeds, and i have so far tried spraying with every weed sprayer I can fit between the rows of olivs. With the same result every time. The weed only disepeared on the tinyest bit at one end of the field, while it still says weed on the rest no matter how many times I drive through. Is it a bug, or what might I be doing wrong?
LittleWatt

Re: problems with olivs and weeds

Post by LittleWatt »

Hmm, you might want to screenshot that if you can and contact Giants. I’ve not seen that before. Is your olive grove completely filling the field you built it on? Did you do any field prep before placing olives? Plowing? Planting grass first? I’m just tossing out ideas.

I have two each of olives and grapes on one map, and two grapes on another and have never seen weeds.
Baddi83

Post by Baddi83 »

LittleWatt wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:39 pm Hmm, you might want to screenshot that if you can and contact Giants. I’ve not seen that before. Is your olive grove completely filling the field you built it on? Did you do any field prep before placing olives? Plowing? Planting grass first? I’m just tossing out ideas.

I have two each of olives and grapes on one map, and two grapes on another and have never seen weeds.
Wen't through the usual proses mulcher, harrowing and so on before buing/planting olives. Only thing is that I choud not afford the whole field in one go, so only about 4/5 is olives and planted the last part.
Just a head scratcher that there was no weeds before after the first harvest. And now it's imposible to get rid of.
LoneWolf5841

Post by LoneWolf5841 »

LittleWatt wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:39 pm Is your olive grove completely filling the field you built it on?
Bit off topic but I'm a bit confused by this part of your reply to the Op. Are you supposed to build olives and grapes on an existing field? I built mine outside of a field so there wasn't any field there when I built them they created their own field.
Playing FS22 on PS4.

Thanks to all the modders for the wonderful mods they bring to consoles :hi:
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Baddi83 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:11 pm
LittleWatt wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:39 pm Hmm, you might want to screenshot that if you can and contact Giants. I’ve not seen that before. Is your olive grove completely filling the field you built it on? Did you do any field prep before placing olives? Plowing? Planting grass first? I’m just tossing out ideas.

Wen't through the usual proses mulcher, harrowing and so on before buing/planting olives. Only thing is that I choud not afford the whole field in one go, so only about 4/5 is olives and planted the last part.
Just a head scratcher that there was no weeds before after the first harvest. And now it's imposible to get rid of.
If you aren’t opposed to mods, look into the cheap grapes/olives. Unless you already are using it.

And, my guess is weeds were in early growth stage when you placed your olives. And now they are forever trapped there. Unfortunately, the only solutions I can offer, 1) don’t worry about it, I don’t think it’ll hurt your olive yield; 2) rip up the entire grove and start over. Doing this will require you to rebuild the field with a plow toggled to create field.
Last edited by LittleWatt on Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

LoneWolf5841 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:12 pm
LittleWatt wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:39 pm Is your olive grove completely filling the field you built it on?
Bit off topic but I'm a bit confused by this part of your reply to the Op. Are you supposed to build olives and grapes on an existing field? I built mine outside of a field so there wasn't any field there when I built them they created their own field.
No, you don’t have to. But if you do, and you don’t fill up the field completely, the parts left uncovered will grow anything that can regrow, unless you place vineyard/grove on plowed ground.

I put my grapes/olives on fields that I planted grass on. I do this because I use Precision Farming, and if you don’t have a good score before placing grapes/olives, you’re stuck with the score on the field forever.

I’ve never just place grapes/olives anywhere because I’m predicting it’ll place a field with a permanent 50 score.
LoneWolf5841

Post by LoneWolf5841 »

LittleWatt wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:16 am
LoneWolf5841 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:12 pm
No, you don’t have to. But if you do, and you don’t fill up the field completely, the parts left uncovered will grow anything that can regrow, unless you place vineyard/grove on plowed ground.

I put my grapes/olives on fields that I planted grass on. I do this because I use Precision Farming, and if you don’t have a good score before placing grapes/olives, you’re stuck with the score on the field forever.

I’ve never just place grapes/olives anywhere because I’m predicting it’ll place a field with a permanent 50 score.
Ah I don't run precision farming so that's an issue I don't have though that seems like that isn't supposed to do that if that is a intentional thing and not a bug then why would they allow grapes and olives to be placed anywhere?
Playing FS22 on PS4.

Thanks to all the modders for the wonderful mods they bring to consoles :hi:
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

I’m no coder or anything, but I think grapes/olives adds another layer. Like clipping through pavement and seeing a dirt road underneath. Or water underneath.

Precision Farming just needs more work. PF has no impact on grapes/olives. You can’t do anything PF wise to change the outcome. But, it will freeze your score. I know because it happened to me. I had to tear up the entire 1.6 ha vineyard.

When you tear out a vineyard or grove you don’t get a field back or an empty plot. If I recall correctly, you get a painted dirt or concrete surface. The field number is there but the field is gone. You have to recreate it with a plow. I image the same thing would occur to a meadow where grapes/olives were placed. They aren’t like planting trees where you can put them anywhere and nothing changes.

Someone smarter than me would have to explain the changes to the map when placing grapes or olives.
Baddi83

Post by Baddi83 »

Problem solved, when the weeds reached the grow stage it said large on weeds. I coud spray them with weed killer. Don't know why it did not work in earlier grow stages of the weeds.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Baddi83 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:11 pm Problem solved, when the weeds reached the grow stage it said large on weeds. I coud spray them with weed killer. Don't know why it did not work in earlier grow stages of the weeds.
Great. That’s not surprising though given some tests I’ve run where liquids go through the base of grapes/olives onto the field.
raran

Post by raran »

Baddi83 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:11 pm Problem solved, when the weeds reached the grow stage it said large on weeds. I coud spray them with weed killer. Don't know why it did not work in earlier grow stages of the weeds.
That's just how weeds work ingame. First stage weeder second stage hoe final stage herbicide.