Save Game Issues

andywmack

Save Game Issues

Post by andywmack »

I logged on earlier to find my saved game had vanished from within the game. I went to the save game file on my pc and it is still there but not showing within the game. So i then started a new save, did a bit on it, saved it and left it for a few hours, have come back just now to find that has also vanished out of the game and isnt accessible. Both folders are still on my PC but cant get them loaded into the game.

I've tried disabling Steam, I've tried using an older version but nothing, does anyone have any ideas?
don_apple

Re: Save Game Issues

Post by don_apple »

Since you are using Steam you might have the "Steam Cloud" enabled for FS22, and therefore the save games you see on your local PC might not be the ones the game is actually using. You can check https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/v ... -09A9-7678 for more information on how to check if Steam cloud is enabled for FS22, if it is used for the save games etc.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
andywmack

Post by andywmack »

I've just checked Steam and the cloud saves are all disabled, however it still seems to be updating from the cloud even though I've asked it not to.

Have tried reinstalling the game, restarting the machine and neither have changed anything and still getting an updated steam_autocloud_vrf file in every save game folder, which updates every time I load the game,
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

I think your best option will be to reach out to Steam support, so that they can figure out what is going wrong here with your Steam Cloud settings.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
MK_McD

Post by MK_McD »

Is your save folder on OneDrive?
That causes problems if it is.
andywmack

Post by andywmack »

MK_McD wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:18 pm Is your save folder on OneDrive?
That causes problems if it is.
No it's all saved locally on the pc
andywmack

Post by andywmack »

don_apple wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:03 pm I think your best option will be to reach out to Steam support, so that they can figure out what is going wrong here with your Steam Cloud settings.
I've tried contacting Steam support but never seem to get any response from them, been almost 24 hours since i sent the message and nothing at all back from them

Have tried starting a new saved game, set it up, built my starting farm, saved and shut down and come back to find thats now gone from in the game as well, seems pointless playing now if everything I do I'm not going to be able to access
Lokuspokus

Post by Lokuspokus »

hey guys I found a solution.

I was having this exact issue
(in my case I was giving a copy of the save file for our multiplayer game to my brother so he could play when I was at work)
and discovered that it is caused by a miss-match or missing account id in the steam_autocloud.vdf file

so you either have a blank, missing or erroneous steam_autocloud.vdf file in the save game folder and because it does not match your steam account ID it is not allowing you to use the save game and then deleting it.

to fix the problem follow these steps:
  • go to documents/my games/farming simulator 22
    don't replace the savegame folder.
    open the relevant savegame folder (savegame1 for eg)
    drag /copy all the files from the backup to the savegame folder
    if the system asks you if you want to replace steam_autocloud.vdf say skip /no
    boot game
    profit!
essentially this reinstated the save files without removing/ corrupting / modifying the account ID record
if it does not ask you if you want to replace the file you did no have one in the first place which would cause the same issue.
Maki1306

Post by Maki1306 »

Lokuspokus wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:59 pm hey guys I found a solution.

I was having this exact issue
(in my case I was giving a copy of the save file for our multiplayer game to my brother so he could play when I was at work)
and discovered that it is caused by a miss-match or missing account id in the steam_autocloud.vdf file

so you either have a blank, missing or erroneous steam_autocloud.vdf file in the save game folder and because it does not match your steam account ID it is not allowing you to use the save game and then deleting it.

to fix the problem follow these steps:
  • go to documents/my games/farming simulator 22
    don't replace the savegame folder.
    open the relevant savegame folder (savegame1 for eg)
    drag /copy all the files from the backup to the savegame folder
    if the system asks you if you want to replace steam_autocloud.vdf say skip /no
    boot game
    profit!
essentially this reinstated the save files without removing/ corrupting / modifying the account ID record
if it does not ask you if you want to replace the file you did no have one in the first place which would cause the same issue.
I tried that but it doesn`t work. Is it because I bought a CD?