tree nursery but from poplar?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Katra

tree nursery but from poplar?

Post by Katra »

So, ive really gotten enamoured recently wiht the idea of growing tree saplings for sale on silverrun forest and i tried a bunch of nursery mods but none really feel fulfilling in that sense.

And i was thinking about if there is a way to alter basegame poplars to be able to be picked up at a specfic growth state by e.g. a foragewagon and converted into treesaplings that can then be unloaded as pallets? I also wanted to figure out if i can manage to use a seeder to seed poplars with a slightly bigger width as i was planning on using a pull behind forage wagon to pick them up (and ideal also remove them, not have them auto regrow) in the same way pacific north west tree nurseries produce millions of small saplings for clear cut replanting and export

i tested around a bunch with the fruittypes.xml and filltypes.xml but i seemed to be unable to make the foragewagon pick up poplars (i assume because some cutter element is missing)

i then tried to make the forage harvester convert poplars into tree saplings as a new filltype which could then be palletised but i also hit a wall there. Anyone an idea what kinda workflow id need to follow there? I like the idea of having to actually plant the poplars and then having them grow before harvesting as "tree saplings". Even more ideal would be adding a new fruit type? but i think thats map locked and i cant access the silverrun files specifically. Ive been trying to get more into modding but alot of this seems very opaque and convoluted.

I know i could use a greenhouse mod for it but ive not been a big fan of them as they effectivly dont involve much gameplay.
sablerock

Re: tree nursery but from poplar?

Post by sablerock »

Trees dont work like that