Giants map?

Ritch1970

Giants map?

Post by Ritch1970 »

Which one is your Favorite giants map and why?
Helazak

Re: Giants map?

Post by Helazak »

I am gong to answer this a little different than what I think you are looking for. I have only worked a few maps so I don't feel qualified to pick a map given the number I have not tried. However, the qualities of a great map for me are:
The abilty to remove obstacles that are in the way. That one stupid light post that is at the corner of an intersection that my semi helper always hits, or to replace that one bridge that is too narrow.
The abilility to change, make roads. To fix that one sharp turn intersection that every helper gets stuck on and cant seem to make the turn.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

I like all of Giants maps in FS22. I believe they are really getting better at increasing realism in them. If I had to order them. I’d go with

1. Elm Creek
2. Zielonka
3. Silverrun
4. Erlengrat
4. Haut Beyleron
5. Horsch Agrovation

Maybe because I’m American but I really love Elm Creek. Horsch isn’t a bad map it just needs updated to allow you to buy all of the grass land around it
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Wow. I’m a first love type of guy. I would have to say Goldcrest Valley is my favorite. Followed closely with Sosnovka, Erlengrat, Estancia Lapacho. Aside from Erlengrat, all the first maps I played were FS17. All of those FS17 maps had unique atmospheres and and layouts. I think Sosnovka had the best atmosphere. Just the color palette and feel of this run down agricultural area really resonated with me. The bright colors of Estancia was also a welcome change.
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

LittleWatt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:49 pm Wow. I’m a first love type of guy. I would have to say Goldcrest Valley is my favorite. Followed closely with Sosnovka, Erlengrat, Estancia Lapacho. Aside from Erlengrat, all the first maps I played were FS17. All of those FS17 maps had unique atmospheres and and layouts. I think Sosnovka had the best atmosphere. Just the color palette and feel of this run down agricultural area really resonated with me. The bright colors of Estancia was also a welcome change.
You are only naming 1 giants map. The rest aren't giants maps :lol:

The question was: which (of the 6)giants map is your favorite?

So which of those 6:
Elmcreek
Zielonka
Silverrun
Erlengrat
Haut Beyleron
Horsch Agrovation
Last edited by Tommy93 on Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

GrimGandalf wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:44 pm 1. Elm Creek
2. Zielonka
3. Silverrun
4. Erlengrat
4. Haut Beyleron
5. Horsch Agrovation
So you have a shared 4th place or? :lol: :zunge:
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

They were all originally maps from Giants that have been converted for 22 by modders.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

Ritch1970 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:12 am Which one is your Favorite giants map and why?
If Silverrun had a little bit more space to create farms/farmland that would been my favorite.
So little bit more flat areas to create fields.

So I must say Elmcreek then *thumbsup*
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

Earnest Pea wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:19 pm They were all originally maps from Giants that have been converted for 22 by modders.
I guess you are talking about my reply, maybe quote people so they know what you are referring to with your reply.

But to answer you: I understand, but they are not giants map now in fs22. So maybe the OP should've asked the question differently then if he means "which previous giants map is your favorite?"
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

The following are all original Giants maps and the game version that they appeared in (don't have a name for the first 3):

FS2008 - FS 2008
FS2009 - FS 2009
FS2011 - FS 2011
Hagenstedt - FS 2013
Westbridge Hills - FS 2013 DLC & FS 15
Bjorneholm - FS 15
Sosnovka - FS 15 DLC & FS 17
Goldcrest Valley - FS 17
Estancia Lapacho - FS 17 DLC & FS 19
Felsbrunn - FS 19
Ravenport - FS 19
Erlengrat - FS 19 DLC & FS 22
Elmcreek - FS 22
Haut Beyleron FS 22
Silverrun Forest - FS 22 DLC
Zielonka - FS 22 DLC
HORSCH Agrovation - FS 22
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

Earnest Pea wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:35 pm The following are all original Giants maps and the game version that they appeared in (don't have a name for the first 3):
Then let's ask the OP what he means.

Ritch1970 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:12 am Which one is your Favorite giants map and why?
Do you mean FS22 maps only? Or all previous giants maps as well??
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Tommy93 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:22 pm I guess you are talking about my reply, maybe quote people so they know what you are referring to with your reply.

But to answer you: I understand, but they are not giants map now in fs22. So maybe the OP should've asked the question differently then if he means "which previous giants map is your favorite?"
Sorry. When I started writing the post, yours was the last post.

I wasn't sure that they meant maps in 22 or just all Giants maps. Many people recall fondly their first Giants map. For myself it was Westbridge Hills in FS 2013.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

Earnest Pea wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:38 pm I wasn't sure that they meant maps in 22 or just all Giants maps.
I'm not sure now as well, I thought he meant FS22 Giants maps. So I asked him to clarify/specify the question.

No hard feelings, just some misunderstanding/confusion I think :hi:
Last edited by Tommy93 on Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Sosnovka is maybe my favourite, but also enjoyed my time on Erlengrat in FS19 and FS22.
The FS22 Horsch map is very good too, but mostly suitable for big equipment and I like to use the smaller stuff.
I just started on Zielonka, it's looks very nice and this could be my Sosnovka replacement for FS22.
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

The three I've spent the most hours in are Sosnovka, Elm Creek and Zielonka. I think Silverrun Forest is a visually great map but since I don't enjoy forestry I don't play it.