Veg prices

blue_painted

Veg prices

Post by blue_painted »

I've just started possibly growing vegetables -- carrots, beetroot and maybe parsnips -- and the thing that strikes me is that it's slow, expensive and awkward to do, and yet the price at around £150 per 1,000 litres is very low. I was then scrolling through the prices, a fairly vanilla map so the prices are not edited, and noticed that the food versions are seven to ten times higher -- which makes me wonder if the whole veggies addition was a scheme (not to use the word "scam") to make Productions relevant.

I might have to rethingk -- or go editng for myself!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Gugernoot215

Re: Veg prices

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I made ~100k off of just from ~3hectares of carrots on zielonka, it took 2 full train loads and one partial train load I remember. So even without the productions vegetables make a lot of money per hectare. I'm not sure about per played hour though because of the slow harvesting.
Running on A refurbished 1.2k hp laptop which the graphics chip likes to crash (when playing fs22).
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
CiaFromTheAlps

Post by CiaFromTheAlps »

My main goal in Zielonka is completed: To have all root crops growing. Productions increase profit and makes them justified. They are also fun, but the pallet mayhem goes to the power of x. For example I always mill and bake my grain to bread - never sell wheat. Taking a shortcut from previous Zielonka post.. in 3d/mo.. every day there is around 10 pallets of canned vegetables waiting. This goes almost a year around. Another fast production is grain mill with flour. Also don't forget bread, oil and potato chips.. Productions cash out well, but that Forklift Simulator (TM) gets bit repetitive especially in winter. Adding vegetables didn't made productions relevant - only, IMO. But if they had released veggies without productions.. where is the reward of hard work ?

The selection of the harvesters could be better.. Dewulf ZBII is the one what we need. If you don't want roleplay, slow farming or something, just lease ZKIVSE and drive alongside with trailer. Rough estimate for fields 74, 78, 86 and 89 was 6h + transporting.. 8h maybe :) Giants hide for some reason field sizes, but estimates 1+1+2+3.7 ha.
Long fields are better, otherwise you are just watching AI driving circles. It takes about 30s to turn around, take that with one row harvester * 80 rows * 2 ends.. even pallet circus is more fun than watching that manuevering and screaming: ...is blocked by an object (you).

I have leased plethora of fancy vehicles so the economy could be better, but .. vegetables with productions pays well :)
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

CiaFromTheAlps wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:16 am The selection of the harvesters could be better.. Dewulf ZBII is the one what we need.
These potato harvester mods can be used as a stand in for the GBII although they have larger bunkers than the GBII.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
Running on A refurbished 1.2k hp laptop which the graphics chip likes to crash (when playing fs22).
Guil

Post by Guil »

blue_painted wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:20 am I've just started possibly growing vegetables -- carrots, beetroot and maybe parsnips -- and the thing that strikes me is that it's slow, expensive and awkward to do, and yet the price at around £150 per 1,000 litres is very low. I was then scrolling through the prices, a fairly vanilla map so the prices are not edited, and noticed that the food versions are seven to ten times higher -- which makes me wonder if the whole veggies addition was a scheme (not to use the word "scam") to make Productions relevant.

Have they got a huge yield like beets or potatos? If so that's why the price is ''low''
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Guil wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:04 pm
blue_painted wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:20 am I've just started possibly growing vegetables -- carrots, beetroot and maybe parsnips -- and the thing that strikes me is that it's slow, expensive and awkward to do, and yet the price at around £150 per 1,000 litres is very low. I was then scrolling through the prices, a fairly vanilla map so the prices are not edited, and noticed that the food versions are seven to ten times higher -- which makes me wonder if the whole veggies addition was a scheme (not to use the word "scam") to make Productions relevant.

Have they got a huge yield like beets or potatos? If so that's why the price is ''low''
I think that's probably the case -- my first post was made late at night during a lengthy setup, so I wasn't thinking of all the possibilities.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Guil

Post by Guil »

Just a pain harvesting and storing it all
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

The higher the yield the lower the price but with a larger profit overall
evawillms

Post by evawillms »

While it's true that vegetable prices might appear lower compared to their processed food counterparts in some games, this doesn't necessarily mean that the addition of vegetables was designed as a scheme or scam. Game developers aim to create a variety of options for players to engage with and make strategic decisions based on different factors, such as crop selection, processing, and market demand.
tynsaraso90

Post by tynsaraso90 »

I do not think so. When productivity is high and products are widespread, prices are forced to decrease, or even cannot be sold. In this case, it is unlikely that the overall profit would be larger.geometry dash subzero
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

tynsaraso90 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:40 am I do not think so. When productivity is high and products are widespread, prices are forced to decrease, or even cannot be sold. In this case, it is unlikely that the overall profit would be larger.geometry dash subzero
If you sell it all at once, then the price doesn't have enough time to go down.
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

FSarndrone wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:22 pm
tynsaraso90 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:40 am I do not think so. When productivity is high and products are widespread, prices are forced to decrease, or even cannot be sold. In this case, it is unlikely that the overall profit would be larger.geometry dash subzero
If you sell it all at once, then the price doesn't have enough time to go down.
You know da whey