Anyone know how to edit mission parameters?

cygnusx1

Anyone know how to edit mission parameters?

Post by cygnusx1 »

Greetings all,

Just wondering if it was possible to remove the time limit when on a career mission. Here is my theory. First of all, I purchased this game because I was impressed with Farming Simulator. Just an all out awesome game with very little limitations to get in your way. DC was released almost the same time as FS, so I just thought the dynamics and platform would have been similar. I finished 2 or 3 tutorials and opened the CITY area with 5 jobs to complete. I was surprised to find I was under the gun to complete the tasks as a time limit bar ticked down. Very dissapointing!!! I own a construction company. Nothing huge, kitchen cabinets, windows, home repairs etc. Not a huge corporate construction company with city jobs, mayoral accounts or city board job bids. These companies have time limits based on months and years. A 6 month job better be done in 6 months or there are fines levied in the hundreds of thousands. But to be given a 5 or 10 minute time limit is unsafe, inefficient and just plain silly. BAD JOB GIANTS SOFTWARE. A good game concept has turned into bejewelled at a construction site. Any way, I can see by looking at the remaining missions that they all have a time limit so the game is probably going to be a downer. UNLESS.... someone knows how to remove this stupid stop watch so the job can get done right, thouroughly and most of all safely. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: Anyone know how to edit mission parameters?

Post by bassaddict »

Like you already said: in real life you have a time limit of maybe a few months months (or whatever), in the game it's a few minutes. Removing the time limit would be like removing the fines in real life. So I don't really see your problem. It's like in real life, except the time limit is set to a decent game value (a time limit of months wouldn't work for a game).