Please fix mission timers

NickelPlate

Please fix mission timers

Post by NickelPlate »

I really like the addition of missions to make extra money. I'm playing on hard so money is hard to come by. Anyway I find the mission timers impossible. I can drive the front loader well enough but I can't even make the delivery by driving straight to the drop off point by cutting across mountains and such. This doesn't feel right to me. Same with the mowing mission at the campsite with the profihopper. There is just no way these can be completed in the alloted time. The game is great so far but missions are disappointing as I don't believe the can be completed. Hoping you can fix this or provide us a way to adjust.
C04L

Re: Please fix mission timers

Post by C04L »

i agree with some of the front loader missions.

in regards to the profihopper missions golf/camp site. i bought two and parked one at each place.
However, if you do as i did at first and emptied the hopper everytime it ws full you will not complete the mission in time.
I've found that you can complete the mission at the campsite by emptying the hopper only once during the time alloted, empty it any more and you will fail the mission.

so, just dont empty the hopper..
this is at the least a work aruound for you. :gamer:
inzainia

Post by inzainia »

about the above, i have completed all of the FEL missions in the allotted time, even the ones where you only get 6 mins to get from the golf course to the very top left of the map, they ARE possible, but i fail as many as i win, due to losing the pallet, on a road side bump or whatnot. BUT i have completed every different one, that ive gotten. so every mission type with the FEL is possible, although they are hard.

for the mowing ones, you DO NOT! have to empty the mower, it will keep mowing, you can turn off the *censored* though if you dont want any grass picked up. i bought the cheap lawnmpower, profithopper, and did both places (all 3 mower missions) with it, it was close on a couple and i barely got any time bonus, but they are doable.

for mowing i highly suggest buying the front mower. it runs 8000 dollars, and you will make that back on the first mowing mission you get. youll earn approx 4-5k on the mission and another 2-3k time bonus.

the front mower really makes the mowing profitable, so much so, that i set the missions to 2 mins, and only did mowing missions, and made 100k in a single day.

lastly, these missions are designed(im almost posative) to be hard, think about the economics involved, one mission nets 2-10k depending on start and end. with a possible 10k in 6 mins. can you earn this farming? no... a regular field nets approx 15k after a full rotation of cultivating,sowing,spraying, and harvesting. with the hauling and driving for each phase involved, all this = about 20-30 minutes real time with the generic vehicles and components. 15k per 20-30 mins + wait on grow time of about the same, 10k per 6 mins from the mission if you succeed, they are relatively close, so if they made them easier, then why farm, just do missions. in my personal opinion, they are just hard enough, to not be easy, and just easy enough to be competable. i honestly think, the mowing missions should be doable ONLY with the driving lawnmower. to keep them in scale with the difficulty of the FEL missions.

just my opinions so dont go crazy on me. :)
Kaso

Post by Kaso »

I get the missions are supposed to be hard but most of them are not even possible. There simply isn't enough time to actually drive to the location. I just finished one and I cut across the country and everything and still didn't get the pallet there. I picked the pallet up in one attempt so there was no time wasted. I agree with the tractor and the front mower tho. that would be much faster.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

All the missions I get only give me like 3 or 3-1/2 minutes or so to complete. I've never seen one where I had 6 minutes. Maybe it's because I'm playing on hard difficulty? But 3 minutes isn't enough to cut the campgrounds with the profihopper even without emptying the grass collector. I guess I'll have to borrow some bank money and buy a mower to attach to the tractor for that.
Telate

Post by Telate »

I've had one time when I was right at the drop-off location (about 4s away at the mill) and accidently crashed into the wall...pallet went flying off and I was like damn...going to miss it now. Oddly enough the pallet flew through the air for a good 5s and landed right in the circle to complete the mission...lol saved myself 4s of driving. The grass cutting missions are a joke with the tractor mower attachment - I couldn't make one timer with the profihopper as its too slow and doesn't cut that much. The FEL I've actually gotten pretty good at and only miss a mission if I accidently drop the pallet - I usually hold it way up in the air with the forks tilted as far back as they go so the pallet will fall down further instead of coming off.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

After playing the game now for nearly 10 hours and doing multiple front loader missions, I'm convinced the timing mechanic is just broken. Some of them are doable if you drive over mountains and down stairways (which is unrealistic) but I've had some where the pickup is on one corner of the map and the drop off is on the other and they give you 4 minutes. There isn't a vehicle in the game that's capable of moving that fast and sticking to the roads. Maybe if you had a helicopter and could fly the cargo across the map. They really should fix this as the missions give you something else to do while waiting for crops to grow and earn some extra cash. The grass cutting missions are doable (just not with the profihopper) but with a tractor mounted mower.
Kaso

Post by Kaso »

I agree with the timers of most missions. I just finished doing a delivery missions, pick at the golf course and drop off at the frieght yard. 5:08sec for delivery. I almost made it, needed like 5 secs more. Like previous posts I had to drive over hills and fields and still didn't have enough time.
Kaso

Post by Kaso »

I agree with the timers of most missions. I just finished doing a delivery missions, pick at the golf course and drop off at the frieght yard. 5:08sec for delivery. I almost made it, needed like 5 secs more. Like previous posts I had to drive over hills and fields and still didn't have enough time.
eagleFMJ

Post by eagleFMJ »

The missions times are ridiculous, Giants please tweak them :neutralnew:

eagle
robin_van_leeuwen

Post by robin_van_leeuwen »

I never played it in the hard modus.. But i can agree with you that some times could be impossible to reach..

But about the profihopper i have a good tip!
Just disable the collecting of the grass and just mow the fields (its a lot quicker then standing still for loading the grass off.)
inzainia

Post by inzainia »

im playing on normal, and as i stated above, its all about knowing the map, and course plotting. ive successfully completed each of the FEL missions atleast once(i have failed more than ive completed though i will admit that lol) but i will concede, that if they expect us to drive on roads, the timers are completely unrealistic. every fel mission i have successfully completed has been very close timewise. and EVERY one of them required me driving over hills/mountains/dropoffs/etc... making them extremly unrealistic.

although i disagree on them being impossible, as i HAVE completed every different type.. i do agree that you MUST cross country it, in order to even have any type of chance to complete them. and with that there is the possibility of losing the crate to bumps, no matter how you hold it.

so much so, that because i fail more than i complete, i placed a mower at the camp site and the golf course, and i just deny all fel missions, and only mow. as for the profithopper, you can complete all 3 mowing missions with it, as mentioned above, turn off the grass collector and do NOT try unloading during the mission, you will still keep cutting grass, and you can make the timer( although the one by the rail at the golf course comes within a hadfull of seconds of failing)

if the timers are adjusted, then i would say limit the cutters usable on the mowing missions... make it profit hopper only. im making 7+k per mowing mission with just the front mower on a tractor on them, like candy. its almost so easy to make money on them, that other than for something different its more profitable to mow than farm.... either lower the rewards, limit the vehicle making it harder, or leave it as is, making the fel missions a challenge, as they are, and the mowing missions a sure thing, as they are!

i did each fel mission viewing it as a personal challenge to see if i could do it, not to make money.

just my 2 cents!
Core

Post by Core »

+1 to OP.

These tasks should be "work", and not racing in hilly terrain. Judging by the small time, tasks were formulated for execution on a flat surface.

DEVs should make them liberal or configurable.
For example:
Reward + bonus = if done in a timely manner;
Reward = if you've done the task for 1.5 measures of time.
The award - penalty (25%-50%) = if you've done for 2 measures of time
And 0% award = if forgot about the case :-)
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Great idea Core! Rather than a simple timer which makes it feel like a race, the cash reward should be based on response time (how quickly you arrive at the jobsite) and how quickly the job is completed. Maybe that's too much to ask from the devs I dunno. But I sold my FEL and don't even take the pallet jobs anymore because 9 times out of 10 they're just not possible at least with the entry level FEL that has a top speed of 25mph on flat ground.

For the grass cutting jobs I took izania's advice and just have two of the Argon 75 tractors with front mower, parked at the golf course and the other at the campsite. Set the mission time to 2 minutes and it's good money, you can still build your farm and equipment and always have something productive to do.
inzainia

Post by inzainia »

Core wrote:+1 to OP.

These tasks should be "work", and not racing in hilly terrain. Judging by the small time, tasks were formulated for execution on a flat surface.

DEVs should make them liberal or configurable.
For example:
Reward + bonus = if done in a timely manner;
Reward = if you've done the task for 1.5 measures of time.
The award - penalty (25%-50%) = if you've done for 2 measures of time
And 0% award = if forgot about the case :-)

marvelous idea, maybe someone from giant will see this and consider it in a future patch! i surely hope so.