Point of plowing?

andysim212

Point of plowing?

Post by andysim212 »

so is there any point to plowing in FS2013? I just run over the field with a cultivator and seed it. I get the same yeild. Only thing that seems to make a difference to the yeild is spraying. Also does manure spraying give a better yeild than just the water ones?

Thanks =)
York

Re: Point of plowing?

Post by York »

You can use a plow to connect 2 fields or expand existing fields if i remember correctly.
Emeriz

Post by Emeriz »

and if you sow. Grass. the field gets green. u cant cultivate it back :P plow up a new field. :P learned by FAIL :P accidently hit o middle of field. and suddenly a stream of grass there :P
inzainia

Post by inzainia »

first there is no water spraying :) its ok i made the same mistake, when you fill a sprayer at the blue pump on the farm your filling it with fertilizer :) so using the sprayer, the fertilizer sprayer OR the slurry tank all accomplish the same goal, fertilizing the field.

as for the plow, its only purpose is as mentioned above, to create new fields. you can use it to join fields, re-prepare grass fields for other veggies, etc.. but any ready to go field only needs to be cultivated and not plowed.

i was confused about the above also, as im my experience with farming games, you plowed a field, then cultivated it to smoothe it all out, then fertilized it, then sowed it, then sprayed it then harvested it..

but not in fs2011 or fs2013. here you simply plow/cultivate(either works) then sow then fertilize then harvest.
robin_van_leeuwen

Post by robin_van_leeuwen »

I hope that they (giants) could made it possible that plowing is always needed in this conditions:

- When you want to erase a grass field
- When you just bought a new field
- When you harvested wheat and barley and leave the residu (Straw) from the combine on the field and want to use the field again..

So you can only use a cultivator when:

- Cleaned the field from straw with a pickup trailer or the bailer..
- When you harvested corn or canola.. and what to re-use the field.

I hope giant would read this and could implement this in the game.. Otherwise i try to contact them in the german section.
inzainia

Post by inzainia »

robin_van_leeuwen wrote:I hope that they (giants) could made it possible that plowing is always needed in this conditions:

- When you want to erase a grass field
- When you just bought a new field
- When you harvested wheat and barley and leave the residu (Straw) from the combine on the field and want to use the field again..

So you can only use a cultivator when:

- Cleaned the field from straw with a pickup trailer or the bailer..
- When you harvested corn or canola.. and what to re-use the field.

I hope giant would read this and could implement this in the game.. Otherwise i try to contact them in the german section.

+1 totally agree
Telate

Post by Telate »

You don't have to plow after you harvest wheat/barley, but the left over straw stays there, so unless you have a very wide seeder its hard to tell where you seeded already. I've seeded/cultivated with the most expensive sower (widest) 4 times without a problem, there is a ton of straw on the field though...the $90k trailer isn't worth it when 2 fields worth of straw is only $8k when you sell it, plus the $64k tractor can only pull it at 16mph max.
inzainia

Post by inzainia »

Telate wrote:You don't have to plow after you harvest wheat/barley, but the left over straw stays there, so unless you have a very wide seeder its hard to tell where you seeded already. I've seeded/cultivated with the most expensive sower (widest) 4 times without a problem, there is a ton of straw on the field though...the $90k trailer isn't worth it when 2 fields worth of straw is only $8k when you sell it, plus the $64k tractor can only pull it at 16mph max.
this is strange, for me, when i cultivate aftter growing wheat or barley, it removes the hay as i go. so i tend to just hire a worker to do it, then i dont have to deal with the watching while cultivating, but afterwards when i seed the hay is gone. but any that was outside the field from harvesting remains. (from where you run off the field and the harvester still blows some hay as you exit.)

if its relevant, im using the horsch joker 6 ct 6'wide cultivator. could be it cleans up the area also and your cultivator doesn't , i dunno.