[HELPFUL INFORMATION] + Videos

Bartiler

Re: [HELPFUL INFORMATION] + Videos

Post by Bartiler »

Here's a trick I learned today and wanted to share with everyone. You can take the basic mower(Amazone Profihopper) and load multiple of them onto the cheap bale trailer like your video when you were loading wool pallets to sell (took about 10 minutes on the first attempt but after that it only took maybe a couple minutes for the second). I used the most expensive front loader, Deutz Agrofarm 430, with a bale fork (was able to get under the mowers easier than with the pallet fork), and a barrel weight on the back to keep balance while I loaded them. I won't be able to load the barrel weight onto the trailer but the front loader has a spot on the front for it :biggrin2: . Not sure if it will work with the cheaper versions of the front loaders as I haven't had the extra money to buy them to test it.

Screenshot in spoiler:
Now to drop them off at their new homes
quick edit and warning:

when moving them around on the bale trailer make sure you have them end to end so they don't move around, especially when going around corners, and up against the back as when you speed up they will move towards the back of the trailer. I found this out the hard way as one flew off right as I was hitching up the trailer and grabbing the barrel weight
gismo.uk

Post by gismo.uk »

Hi I am not a gamer but was given this game by one of my sons for Christmas, and I can't put it down.(I'm even playing it at work)
The videos are excellant I have watched up to number 12, they are easy to watch and understand. But I have a few questions.
1: In one video you refer to using a PS3 Wireless controller, how does this work?, I have PS3(Watch Internet TV+ Blue Ray) but instruction booklet I have recomends X Box controller. (I live in Uk don't know if that makes a difference)
2: I have an Amazone mower like the one in your Cow shed video, but I have been unable to get it tip into Sheep feed pens, but it works ok in yard shed, and mounds around Golf area, am I in the wrong place.
3: How do you get list on left of screen to pop up, several of the screen shots on Forum show this.
4: How can you tell if an Implement is not to big for a Tractor as description seem a bit vague for some models.
Any advice would be appreciated, and keep up the good work.
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

Welcome to the game :hi:
This is all I can help with.
2: You need to butt up to it "headfirst" at the corner of the trough, must be a glitch :hmm:
3: Press the F1 button
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
Cadde

Post by Cadde »

gismo.uk wrote:Hi I am not a gamer but was given this game by one of my sons for Christmas, and I can't put it down.(I'm even playing it at work)
The videos are excellant I have watched up to number 12, they are easy to watch and understand. But I have a few questions.
1: In one video you refer to using a PS3 Wireless controller, how does this work?, I have PS3(Watch Internet TV+ Blue Ray) but instruction booklet I have recomends X Box controller. (I live in Uk don't know if that makes a difference)
2: I have an Amazone mower like the one in your Cow shed video, but I have been unable to get it tip into Sheep feed pens, but it works ok in yard shed, and mounds around Golf area, am I in the wrong place.
3: How do you get list on left of screen to pop up, several of the screen shots on Forum show this.
4: How can you tell if an Implement is not to big for a Tractor as description seem a bit vague for some models.
Any advice would be appreciated, and keep up the good work.

1: Any controller that works in windows should work in FS2013. It's treated as a joystick and there isn't much difference between a gamepad, a joystick and a steering wheel etc to begin with. The all have a number of buttons and a number of axis. The recommendation is most likely due to the layout of the controller and the default controller settings.
2: I have found that driving up to the trough from the side, having it on your right side allows you to unload into it. You don't need to back up to it and in fact it doesn't even let you unload if you do. The "Unload trigger point" on the mower is at the middle. That needs to be close enough to the trough to unload.
3: Press F1, if that's not the list you are talking about be more specific.
4: You can't in game, you buy an implement and you try it out with whatever tractor(s) you have. Or you can apply some common sense. "Will i be able to use the BIGGEST plow with my cheapest tractor? I guess not because that tractor has no weight and no power to do that."
Final option is to just do some google research, see what works with what IRL or in game and buy the proper equipment.
I have found that it's possible to do most jobs with the small red tractor. (Same Argon)
Of course, the bigger and more powerful your tractor is the more efficient it will be with the bigger/better equipment. But that comes at a cost in price, fuel economy, maintenance and size. Not giving you much room to maneuver.
ablebaker

Post by ablebaker »

In reply to gismo on the topic of tractors. For the game with no mods, the Buhrer with the barrel weight can pull a 61,000 liter wagon at speed 25. I can pull the biggest cultivator at the normal speed for that activity. The step up is the Deutz M 620 which according to testing by ajjamoore on YouTube is the best tractor in the game as released. It hauls the biggest wagons a speed 32. And does field activities a few mph faster than the Buhrer. For the Buhrer and Deutz M 620, the barrel weight can be left on for all tools/operations. Does not seem to affect the handling. Don't know about the other tractors though. I doubt there is any point in buying one of those monster Case tractors for $359K.
ablebaker

Post by ablebaker »

There is a hint earlier in this topic by Staalker that says:
Crops left in the silo too long will eventually ruin. Silos are intended to be temporary storage. If you harvest a lot of corn, and store it waiting for a price increase or great demand, you could lose some of it. Each crop has it's own time before it starts to ruin, but once a crop does start to ruin, you will lose some each day until it's all gone or you sell it. Don't grow more than you can use or sell, it can easily be wasted.
I don't think I have seen this happen. I have looked in the save game XML files to see if any info was recorded so as to enable such a feature and found nothing. What the game does save is the total quantity of product sold and the previous price. I have read else where that the game uses this to control the price. So if you exlusively grow, say wheat, then that price gradually goes down. So it is best to balance out the quantity sold of the items so as to keep prices up.
simulator789

Post by simulator789 »

Love your guides, plz make some more!
deeg

Post by deeg »

hey man loved all the videos u have been a major help in the running of my farm! But i need help i want to play a different map and cant seem to find any through the official website, is there a place that i can download them?
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

depends what kind of map you want. try fs-uk for uk and american maps. for german,austrian or swiss maps try modhoster.com
Alienware PC.
deeg

Post by deeg »

cool next question can u delete trees??
gamerman01

Post by gamerman01 »

Having trouble with the silage chopper and the smallest tippers. Once it worked correctly because the flap at the end of the spout flopped down so the sileage went straight into the tipper, but usually it misses completely. I have to tap "O" repeatedly while driving to get any sileage in the tipper. When the spout starts to retract, the flap comes down and the sileage shoots into the tipper. But then I have to tap O again to make it extend so it doesn't miss the wagon.

Is this a common bug? Is it fixed in any patch? 1.4?

I have the next bigger tipper too, but you can't hook it up to the chopper because it has the PTO. Anyway, it's supposed to work with the smallest tipper, and I did get it to work somehow, but only once! Anybody know? Thanks :)

Next tipper is working much better for the sileage. Going to re-try the smallest one again soon, now that I have 1.4 beta patch installed
Last edited by gamerman01 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gismo.uk

Post by gismo.uk »

Hi All, thanks for the information, it was most useful.
My controller was not working because I didn't realise you had to tick box in options screen, ditto for Help pop up.
I have made a load of silage using the Inzainia mathod, beside the Cow pens.Thought I would load into feeding troughs with loader, as PDA has monitoring for Silage.
I can pick it up and it tips into trough or trailer, but it does not register on PDA, and you can't see it in bottom of Trough or Trailer, it just seems to dissapear.
I have tried several loaders, but the effect is the same on all of them.
Does any body have any ideas what I am doing wrong, or are you not supposed to be able to move silage around the site.
I have not had any trouble with Manure, putting in to trailer and Greenhouses. *thumbsup*
oRIZEo

Post by oRIZEo »

Great info, great game. I'm new to this type of game, but loving it. Found some info - I think in this forum - that I wanted to highlight and elaborate on quickly:

There's a ton of information to absorb and a lot of ways of doing and trying things - which imo is one of the reasons this game rocks.
Here's a quick tip to help discover information while playing the game which is a great way to compliment researching info outside of the game via forums, etc.

I'm not sure if the download version of the game automatically comes patched, but if not, this can apply to DL version as well as retail box version. First - Do not update to 1.4.

start game in easy mode so there's no bank interest, sell everything you own, buy as many beehives as you can. Speed up game to max (120x) and do nothing else.
Your money will pile up like crazy. buy a bunch more beehives after a few minutes. You won't need more than a dozen. i think I put 20 in total and left the game running overnight. I woke up and had 285 MILLION bucks!

There will be no challenge at all in playing this save, but now you have a sandbox where you can do anything, try anything and learn about the mechanics first hand without worrying about wasting money. You can now take that knowledge into your regular games and be more informed and confident in the choices you make. Update to 1.4 and you're golden. I've noticed that post-patch, the beehives are still a decent way to fetch extra coin, but it's nowhere near as money fetching as pre-patch.

If you've already patched, you can uninstall the game and reinstall to implement this. I'm not sure how save-games are stored, but if they are retreivable in a game folder as xml, etc, you may want to back them up before uninstalling. Otherwise, you may lose your current saves during uninstallation.

Hope this helps!
cheers.
Orcidea

Post by Orcidea »

Hey everyone!

Love this game! So relaxing and something very different for a change. I thought to weight in with my efforts. So far I've made only 2 videos for FS2013, more maybe coming as I find the time to make them (takes easily 2-3 days/video with my personal production value requirements :-? ). I hope people find them helpful :)

Mixed Ration Tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wWJHfLMj9U
Biogas Plant Tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCmfXLiTi_g

EDIT: BTW - I have a mistake in the mixed ration video: at that time I didnt know that chaff can be produced from almost everything with the Krone BigX1000. That is fixed in the Biogas Plant tutorial :gamer:

Farm on!
Orc
Last edited by Orcidea on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make a video about it! :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Orcidea
Cpt.Ass
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by Cpt.Ass »

Orcidea wrote:Hey everyone!

Love this game! So relaxing and something very different for a change. I thought to weight in with my efforts. So far I've made only 2 videos for FS2013, more maybe coming as I find the time to make them (takes easily 2-3 days/video with my personal production value requirements :-? ). I hope people find them helpful :)

Mixed Ration Tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wWJHfLMj9U
Biogas Plant Tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCmfXLiTi_g

Farm on!
Orc
+1
We need more from the finnish Stephen Hawking. Good videoes :)
Steam: mikerowe666 - feel free to add me.