[FEATURE REQUEST] Sell Fields

CornetPlayer

[FEATURE REQUEST] Sell Fields

Post by CornetPlayer »

Allow the farmer to sell a field. He receives half the cash paid for it. The field reverts back to a blank field; any crops on it are lost.
NickelPlate

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Sell Fields

Post by NickelPlate »

CornetPlayer wrote:Allow the farmer to sell a field. He receives half the cash paid for it. The field reverts back to a blank field; any crops on it are lost.
+1. I like it! Let's you liquidate some assets if you're not using them. In fact fluctuating land prices would sort of simulate a simple real estate market where you could either profit or lose money from the purchasing and selling land plots. Would also be nice if you could "rent" unused fields for a period of time to another in game computerized person and make some additional cash that way. You'd be unable to use the field during the rental contract period.

None of the above would be hard to do from a programming standpoint and well within the capabilities of the game engine.
Last edited by NickelPlate on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Don't even know why this wasn't put in the game in the first place. +1
Dr Reyling

Post by Dr Reyling »

CornetPlayer wrote:Allow the farmer to sell a field. He receives half the cash paid for it. The field reverts back to a blank field; any crops on it are lost.
Yes +1. A very good Idea. *thumbsup*
Yoda75

Post by Yoda75 »

+1 !! :!:
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

Following on NicklePlate's idea of renting. It would be great if I could rent a field in order to plant on it. IRL, this is done all the time.
Last edited by CornetPlayer on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
junttieinari

Post by junttieinari »

CornetPlayer wrote:Following on NicklePlate's idea of renting. It would be great if I could rent a field. IRL, this is done all the time.
+1
Nuffield FTW!
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

deff a +1 from me
pshawny

Post by pshawny »

Yes, field should be able to be bought and sold and the prices should fluctuate. There should also be some for of competition for the land. When a field goes to auction and you don't buy it, then it says so-and-so bought field #21 for $18k. If you decide later that you want field #21, then you should have to buy it from him for a premium over the original list price.