Possible bug ? Cattle feeding

Nemecard

Possible bug ? Cattle feeding

Post by Nemecard »

Hi guys been playing fs for a while and loving 2013 , I do seem to have a problem however with the cattle feeder. The mixer has 1bale 2x straw bales but for some reason I can't seem to put the silage into it. I've tried all 3 fels plus the big one . Tried the get in and get out method. Tested the various loaders on other interactions ( manure, silage biogas ) but when I dump a full load into the feeder I see it go up to 0.11% , then after another load it's at .04%. Kinda stuck and wondering if anyone else is having issues here ?
_Dops_

Re: Possible bug ? Cattle feeding

Post by _Dops_ »

use 1 bale hay, 1 bale straw and silage for the rest.
Männer sind primitiv, aber glücklich!
Status Map Wetterau V2: 65%
Status Claas Lexion 780 TT: 45%
Atemlos | Earthbook | Freies Internet | Cosmophobia
Nemecard

Post by Nemecard »

First time I did it , use 1 of each bale , silage but when I looked the mix was off , another hay bale put it all green. That worked fine but now it's sitting at 77% full , and for some reason I can't seem to get any silage into it?
WolfDK1984

Post by WolfDK1984 »

Well..

Thats because the automixer has a capacity of 12000(l)

3 bales each 4400
4400 x 3 = 13200
Thats over 12000

EDIT:
The other Mixer can hold 18000(l)

so that should be 2 hay-bales, 2 straw-bales and the rest silage..
Last edited by WolfDK1984 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other Bastard die for his"
George S. Patton.

"Who am I? I am but the sum of my experiences
and today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow"
TerraByte.

"And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up"
Thomas Wayne.
Nemecard

Post by Nemecard »

Hmmm okay thanks im at work now I'll have to check it when I get home. The weird thing is it says it's only at 77% capacity ?
Punnikin

Post by Punnikin »

Are you using the self-propelled mixer or the trailered one?
Nemecard

Post by Nemecard »

Using the trailer one. Checked last night , said with the 3 bales I had 77% capacity and couldn't get it to take any silage at all. Tried all 3 fel's and capacity was showing as 12k out of a possible 18k. I took it to the shop and sold it , then purchased another , drove back and put in ,1 straw , 1 hay , required 2 loads of silage from the silage claws , then I checked there was still capacity and I was just low on hay , so one more hay bail and bingo , was full and perfect ratio.

Now I thought last time after making this mix I'd short cut and put all 3 bales in first and that's when I got stuck unable to load silage. I'll save game again tonight and see if re attempting to put the 3 bales in first has the same result. Unless someone else beats me to it still got 7 more hours of work ahead :/ happy farming ppl
Old McZerO

Post by Old McZerO »

Just checking, you are trying to put fermented sillage into the mixer and not chaff from the sillage bunker?
Nemecard

Post by Nemecard »

Yeah using the fermented silage and seeing most of the questions on this forum, and the lack of most to try to find things out through searching, tutorials or any form of research ( yes ppl there is more then one page on here) I take no offense if someone asked If I'd tried turning on my computer first lol.
Nemecard

Post by Nemecard »

Ok I've since tried to repeat the process that started this thread and have been unable to replicate it. Thanks for the advice from all , Ill just put it down to one of those random things that happens.