The Next Farming Simulator.

Mojodishu

Re: The Next Farming Simulator.

Post by Mojodishu »

Lot of good suggestions, but also some that sound a little over the top.

Here is my 2 cents:

More than 1 starter map.

More diverse crops: sunflower, rye, soy, carrot, onion.

Tree's.... so damn annoying. no problem: hire a worker with a chainsaw and he will come chop them down. this will ofc take time to proces. 1 hour to remove 1 tree or something. cost could be 500

Missing some "large scale operation" tractors and implements. The 2 big tractors in 2013 version are pure awfull with the way they steer. The mod with Claas Xerion 3800 and 5000 are much better suited for field work. bigger implements aswell: 15 M cultivators, seeders, 25k+ manure spreaders etc.

Actual Horsepower requirements. A Same with 75 hp should'nt be able to pull a full Agroliner with 61.000 Wheat at all. Could be done in description in shop screen.

A regular menu to open, instead of the pda. with storage, economics and a dedicated machine/implement page with work hours and durability on equipment.
cultivators and plows need to have blades replaced after x amount of ha worked etc.

Machines getting "old", and you can see their working hours in the menu i mentioned above. The higher work hours, the higher maintenance cost, and higher possibility of a breakdown.

Smarter helpers/workers. Being able to hire a worker to empty silo's at bga would be truely awesome. could be done with driving the frontloader into a silo-area and Hire worker option, he then work until silo is empty.
Or have them fertilize even. you would still have to refil manually i guess. they just stop when it's empty.
deno

Post by deno »

All the ideas are great, but, why a worker have to stop working on fertilize? Is just like when they plant, they use their own seeds, and it supposed to the seed they use is included in the price, so it would be the same for fertilizer.

Something good it would be to have winter, and need to close the animals into houses, to keep them alive. To feed the animals in the winter u gonna need to have saved food enough, or u have to buy it from other farms (in winter price come specially higher). Ofc u can upgrade the house of the animals, for example about temperature, for the animals feel better, so they will produce a bit more, and have better machines to work with them more faster.
sask.ranch.man

Post by sask.ranch.man »

I would like to see a few things put in the game.

1. Animal breeding you should be able to buy cows and bulls so you can breed cows by bulls and have it so one bull breeds 30 cows a year.

2. Seasons their should be seasons but in the spring you are seeding and fertilizing your crops, in the summer you are haying, spraying pesticides and fungicides, and making silage, in the fall you are harvesting and in the winter you can plow snow and feed your animals or just skip to spring and pay a fee for someone to feed your animals for you.

3. Missions if you go with my season idea have missions based around that season. So let's say it is spring farmer bob can give you a call to see if you want to seed for him you can either grab your tractor and seeder and go do it, or you can use his equipment to do the job. 

4. Crop Rotations where I'm from you can't seed the same crop on the same feild every year otherwise it gets diseases that are immuned to sprays.

5. My last and most favorite idea I have had is Scenarios because the game isn't really that hard. So I figured if their were scenarios I would make it more challenging. Like if you had a scenario were you started with a run down old farm with a lot of debt and you have 3 years to pay it of and make so much money, or one where you start off with bigger equipment and have 3 years to harvest so many acres. Also have different difficulties for them. (For this take a look at John Deere American Farmer. I really liked the scenarios they had it made the game last so much longer too) 
sfy

Post by sfy »

must admit, having enjoyed the Scenario's in RCT3 quite a bit, i would like to see some sort of Scenario based feature in FS 2015. if nothing else, it helped me learn about the RCT3 game play and how to do certain things to advance.
TRINITY

Post by TRINITY »

So a mix of Red dead redemption and GTA 5? I would by it.
CottonPicker4

Post by CottonPicker4 »

I really like the game, I would like to see more american equipment such as John deere, case ih. Would also like to see more american maps like west texas with more crops like cotton, sorghum or milo. Would really like to be able to irrigate fields with either center pivot irrigation, drip irrigation, or possibly even row water to improve yields along with what rainfall is received.
Maybe add a crop duster like an air tractor to spray fields with fertilizer, herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, etc.
sfy

Post by sfy »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfcLQMcHLcE

we need some true old school tractors, as a reminder of how it was. plus, these things are just bad ass.
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

sfy wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfcLQMcHLcE

we need some true old school tractors, as a reminder of how it was. plus, these things are just bad ass.
Like this one, I converted from a fs11 mod.

Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

That looks awesome Wizard :wink3: :wink3:

:biggrin2:
DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

OK, living in Texas and addicted to this game (LOVE the American Map and can't wait to see future editions), here are my two cents (which are actually worth $17 and change :coolnew: ):

Additional Crops:
  • Cotton
    Soybeans
    Sunflowers
Additional Animals:
  • Pigs
    Beef Cattle
Additional Equipment:
  • Various Cotton Harvest Equipment
    New Holland?
    JohnDeere?
Other:
  • Customizable Farmer/Farm Name at Game Start
    Cattle Grazing/Move Livestock to/from Fields to Rotate
    Transport Animals to Auction for Sale/Market Prices Change
Overall, keep up the good work. I've bought every edition of this game and will definitely continue as long as the evolution keeps moving in the right direction!
snakedoc

Post by snakedoc »

In the next patch they could atleast animate the header aswell as the older machines. And the next game...a more interactive gameworld for instance your farm isn't the only one on the map and there would be 5(just a random number) other farmers that might need some assistance in say for instance harvesting he might not finish in time(for a reasonable amout of cash of course). And they graphics could improve alot (tracks in ground, dust that looks a bit more real and tractors get dirty and rain actually makes.the ground wet and also dynamic soil). Improved physics( machines get damaged when bumped, plants have a reaction to what the player does e.g:when driving over wheat or whatever with the header lowered but not on it flattens them but not destroyed or they vanish into thin air that's just wrong and actual corn rows that you use to guide the combine).
DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

DFWSupertrooper wrote:OK, living in Texas and addicted to this game (LOVE the American Map and can't wait to see future editions), here are my two cents (which are actually worth $17 and change :coolnew: ):

Additional Crops:
  • Cotton
    Soybeans
    Sunflowers
Additional Animals:
  • Pigs
    Beef Cattle
Additional Equipment:
  • Various Cotton Harvest Equipment
    New Holland?
    JohnDeere?
Other:
  • Customizable Farmer/Farm Name at Game Start
    Cattle Grazing/Move Livestock to/from Fields to Rotate
    Transport Animals to Auction for Sale/Market Prices Change
Overall, keep up the good work. I've bought every edition of this game and will definitely continue as long as the evolution keeps moving in the right direction!
Oh yeah...and one more thing...they should have seasons. Certain crops have to be planted at certain times of the year and harvested at certain times. Winter brings snow. If summer brings drought you'd have to have a way to irrigate but maybe that too!
snakedoc

Post by snakedoc »

And also I would like to see a bigger variety of machines more maps one or two new ones and all the old ones. And all the machines from previous games. Mirrors that actually work (it would also improve the 'in cab' experience). And also a bit More customizations to harversters (auger length, type of spreaders, dual wheels/tracks, stickers, extra lights, etc) more header widths, types(flex,augers or drapers, row sizesfor corn).
Grain losa when harvesting and having a choice to continue harvesting while it rains but increased loss as grain gets wet and at night when it gets damp, hail causes loss in yield. And tracks and dual wheels actually have purpose with tracks its very hard to get stuck(that can also help with like I said previously with helping neighbors it could be a wet season and they don't have tracks so you could harvest their wet spoTs with your tracks)
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

You can't have a dozen different branded machines in game. The cost of getting a license to use their brands would make the game hideously expensive.

Personally I think the next game should have more complex controls for each machine, more crops and it should definitely ship with more maps. I would like realistic yields and values and field sizes, too.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
snakedoc

Post by snakedoc »

Just this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEeVWgi4j0U
plain wow

And I realize that it is expenisve to have alot of machine brands, but then atleast have John Deere and Case. In my opinion the 2 brands that are commonly known all around the world