general

chas

general

Post by chas »

Hi I have just started with Farm Sim 2013,can anybody tell me what the clock at the bottom of the screen is used for ,it shows time in grey numbers and on the right it has red numbers.:hmm:
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: general

Post by bassaddict »

What clock? Do you have a screenshot to show what you mean?
rollingfarm

Post by rollingfarm »

do you mean clock that show the amount of hours a vechil has been worked/used
I have a disability called dyspraxia and minor dyslexia so if my spelling weird dont judge me. just ask nicely and i translate it
chas

Post by chas »

I hope this correct,not very good at sending pictures,thanks anyway if it dont work but I think what you said about vechiles being used,so does the red number on the clock tell you that its overworked and you shouldnt be using anymore?
Wevee

Post by Wevee »

chas wrote:I hope this correct,not very good at sending pictures,thanks anyway if it dont work but I think what you said about vechiles being used,so does the red number on the clock tell you that its overworked and you shouldnt be using anymore?
Are you using this mod? SpeedLimiter and Operating hours? http://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?lang=en&mod_id=130 If so the clock you are talking about with the red numbers is just the number of hours the machine has been used. It is purely cosmetic and has no effect on the machine, it is for added realism.
chas

Post by chas »

Thanks Wevee for the reply and yes I am using Speed Limiter, dont suspose you know if you can use the mouse for steering instead of the keys ?
Wevee

Post by Wevee »

chas wrote:Thanks Wevee for the reply and yes I am using Speed Limiter, dont suspose you know if you can use the mouse for steering instead of the keys ?
By default the game wont, no. I don't believe there are any mods that allow it, but I cannot say for sure. I for one wish there was, I also play Euro Truck Sim 2 and keep crashing tractors when I come back to FS2013 because I try to steer with my mouse :mrgreen:
chas

Post by chas »

Thanks Wevee ,I too use he mouse too steer ina Truck Sim and yes it is easier,as you say steering with the keys inthe Farming Sim is a bit of a pain. I have another question (but you wish i didnt :sadnew: ) I noticed when in the PDA map I saw flashing symbols looked like trailers with the backs tipped up but you cant seem too get too them as they just move along the map as you approach so you dont get any closer,I have look through the manual but cant find any information. Thanks again for the feedback
Wevee

Post by Wevee »

chas wrote:... I noticed when in the PDA map I saw flashing symbols looked like trailers with the backs tipped up but you cant seem too get too them as they just move along the map as you approach so you dont get any closer ...
The flashing brown-yellow symbols represent the selling points that have current great demands for one of the crops. They work in a similar fashion to pallet missions where they are at the edge of the pda map until you are actually within reach of the tip location, the mill for example. With the pda map open, if you press '9' you will zoom the map out so it can help to locate where the sell point is. Or with the pda set to the crop selling points, you will see one of the crops listed in green (press '9' to scroll through to the other screens if needed, or to the last page with the great demands) which can help to locate the sell point on the large map in the escape menu.

I will say that sometimes even with a great demand active, the tip icon will not flash. It seems to be a slight bug.