mods wont show up in the game

Nickv27

mods wont show up in the game

Post by Nickv27 »

can someone please help me with my mods. I can download them fine and they show up under mods in my directory in the main menu but It doesn't come up in the game.
Gabbysdad

Re: mods wont show up in the game

Post by Gabbysdad »

Not all mods are mods that show up, because some are to be used with Giants Editor, most of the time this only goes for placeables.
Nickv27

Post by Nickv27 »

their isn't any mods showing up in my game at all.
Murph

Post by Murph »

Nickv27 wrote:their isn't any mods showing up in my game at all.
Are you using the large arrow at the top right of the shop screen to change to mod equipment? The default display does not show mods by design.
Mac user
sfy

Post by sfy »

LordPlumtree

Post by LordPlumtree »

I had the same problem could not find the mods from the giants website which in the main menu said were installed. when you go into store menu make sure you go to the top right arrow and keep going until you come to the last page there should be the sales and mods took me many attempts to find it due to using the brand name and tool name where the mods cant be found ??????. Hope this helps.
LordPlumtree

Post by LordPlumtree »

sorry sfy your post showed how to do it exactly should have read your post before replying.......
Nickv27

Post by Nickv27 »

yes I click the top right arrow and it goes to brands and that's it. Wont go over anymore
NoScar

Post by NoScar »

If you have FS13 installed look in there for them. When you save the mods make sure it is saving them in the FS15 mod folder and not the FS13 mod folder. I had the same problem then I noticed for some reason it was putting them in the FS13 mod folder. I even deleted the FS13 mod folder and it created another one.
Jmhaynes

Post by Jmhaynes »

It is a pretty complicated process to get mods on a mac. The very first thing you need to do is figure out how to open your library file. This can be done multiple ways. Presuming that you have updated to Mavericks (because the ways to do it change when the computer is updated). The easiest way to do it: 1. Go to your Finder. 2. Select the Go menu at the top of the screen. 3. You will see a list of all your folders i.e. Documents, Downloads, Airdrop, etc. 4. Simply push the option button on your keyboard and the Library folder should appear. From there you can drag the Library folder the the toolbar and it will always be readily accessible. Or you can just repeat this process every time you want to add a mod.

NOTE!!!!-- The Library file is very sensitive so do not screw around with anything besides your FS2015 file. You can potentially mess up applications and delete data if you start screwing around in it.

Alright!! Great now you have a Library file. You will need to find The mod file. In your Library folder go to Application Support>FarmingSimulator2015>mods... This is the file where you will need to drop your mods in to get them on the game.

Note!! You will need to drop the .zip version of the downloaded file into the folder. These are the ones that say .zip after the title.

After you have done this. Go to the game and click Options from the Main Menu. Then click on Mods at the bottom. If you have done it correctly your mods should appear in this area.

To get them in your game you will need to go to the purchase screen (where you buy machinery) and use the big arrows at the top to tool over to mods. There you can "buy" your mods. Most of them cost money which I did not know before I started this process.

Glad I could help outI was really confused starting out also!!
piggdiggler

Post by piggdiggler »

I had the same problem on the PC version. Some mods come in a incorrectly named zip file. Make sure to remove any spaces, hyphens or extra periods (you can replace them with underscores), there should only be one period in the name of the mod file and it should be directly before the file extension type, for example .zip

Make sure you are not hiding extensions in the folder options in Windows to see this properly.