weather

jimboy

weather

Post by jimboy »

Been playing since late October , have had only 2/3 days of sunny weather , all l,ve had is rain , clouds , tornadoes and just stuff weather , or dark days , not a nice sunny day yet , even tho that box at the top right shows a sunny day.
dancness

Re: weather

Post by dancness »

The weather forecast shows how the weather will be for at least a part of the day. Not the whole day. I've seen the weather indicator change mid day instead of at 0:00 (midnight) like you would figure. But yes, sunny days can still have clouds in the sky.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

jimboy wrote:Been playing since late October , have had only 2/3 days of sunny weather , all l,ve had is rain , clouds , tornadoes and just stuff weather , or dark days , not a nice sunny day yet , even tho that box at the top right shows a sunny day.

So far I have only played on Bjornholm, and I have only had 1 day with rain in it, and the other bad day I think was suppose to be hail in the game. I do have what seems to be several cloudy or hazy days though. It seems in this game everyday is somewhat hazy, wish that was cleared up some form what it is.
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

I have been playing Bjornholm as well. I have only had 2 or 3 days with rain or hail. Other days where just cloudy or sunny. Your game must be a bit glitchy. Since you seem to have tornadoes. Unless you play the WestBridge map. But to my knowledge, tornadoes are just a glitch in the physics department.
Vincitore

Post by Vincitore »

Also been playing Bjornholm and I had 5 days of bad weather. A bit strange that you have tornadoes and stuff like that. Maybe contact GIANTS?
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

I just had my second day of rain and I have 200 game hours accumulated. I like the rain but you can do every task except use the harvesters-in RLF all work stops and you go fishing or spend the day at the coffee shop with all your neighbor farmers ********. I would be nice to have Giants change the occurrence of rain to an hour or so each day rather than once every six days for 6+ hours and make the only tasks possible things such as feeding your animals, gathering eggs, selling stored crops(you can use the trailer covers to protect them from the elements) --things you can or have to do whether it is raining or not. I am not a computer person, so I am not sure how difficult it would be to incorporate these things in the next patch. If not there, then in the next version of FS. It was the same in FS2013 and hoped that part might change in 2015--maybe 2017? *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Bootdancer47 wrote:I just had my second day of rain and I have 200 game hours accumulated. I like the rain but you can do every task except use the harvesters-in RLF all work stops and you go fishing or spend the day at the coffee shop with all your neighbor farmers ********. I would be nice to have Giants change the occurrence of rain to an hour or so each day rather than once every six days for 6+ hours and make the only tasks possible things such as feeding your animals, gathering eggs, selling stored crops(you can use the trailer covers to protect them from the elements) --things you can or have to do whether it is raining or not. I am not a computer person, so I am not sure how difficult it would be to incorporate these things in the next patch. If not there, then in the next version of FS. It was the same in FS2013 and hoped that part might change in 2015--maybe 2017? *thumbsup* :mrgreen:

LOL, us real life farmers don't go fishing or spend our day at the coffee shop when it rains. That's when you fix things, and if you happen to have livestock like we did, you spend the day getting caught up on that kind of stuff. Weekends during the summer are for fishing though for us anyway;)
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

Yea, that is what I did as well most of the time--but every so often I would go fishing or just go drink coffee--and then go pay bills!!!!!!!!!!!!
Silva

Post by Silva »

Still find it disappointing that they still haven't realized that its not supposed to rain/snow inside a building under a roof. I mean games have been supporting weather free indoor areas for as long as I can remember ...

If buildings actually shielded you/equipment from weather, then I might actually use them, but since it makes no blinking difference (even for just RP) then why bother with buildings at all ??? :confusednew:

Not that the buildings we get (in Bjornholm) are well designed anyhow ... who puts massive open roof panes on an equipment shed ??? :confusednew:

Grumble, grumble, grumble ....
MajSolo

Post by MajSolo »

Heeeeeelooooo everybody ... this is Radio Agriculture!!! It is 06:00 and it looks like we going to have Y e t A n o t h e r SUNNY day folks. For you who like water GO INTO THE SHOWER!! In the meantime we play some music ......

I think I have not had one drop of rain. This should affect my crop negatively but don't seem to.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Proper weather simulation would be fantastic, alas, that's where we get into simulation territory and it seems Giants aren't terribly interested in that.
Dragunov

Post by Dragunov »

Indeed!

A good weather system is needed, so u can plan when to do what!
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

If it's going to hail, Then you should get crop damage? Never seen a hail strom yet that does'nt do some damage...Have a nice Day... :hi:
BCRancher

Post by BCRancher »

I just started playing the Bjornhom map - It has been foggy every morning. Westbridge was sunny almost every day .. only rained once every couple of weeks.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

farmboy002 wrote:If it's going to hail, Then you should get crop damage? Never seen a hail strom yet that does'nt do some damage...Have a nice Day... :hi:
Indeed, this could be simulated by a lowered yield and maybe some visual indications, such as missing crops here and there. However it would be done, there's no denying that weather needs to affect crops and the things we can and cannot do during a weather episode. Right now it's a minor inconvenience that can be easily skipped by accelerating time. It will clean your equipment for free too. Literally no downside.