Prices for maintenance a little steep with age

gtaoffargo

Prices for maintenance a little steep with age

Post by gtaoffargo »

I understand with a vehicle aging that upkeep might go up. However the 1660 we start with is only about 70 days old and has 40 hours on it and it costs triple the maintenance cost daily of a new one. At 90 days and 50 hours it is 4x the maintenance of a new one. I like all the options offered for were the worker gets manure, slurry, etc. from, I like the ability to not have crops wither and how fast or slow a crop matures. I would like to see a option to control the rate or just not have the maintenance increase option (Or mod which ever comes first). Otherwise I think the game is an improvement over the previous versions.
chaseydog

Re: Prices for maintenance a little steep with age

Post by chaseydog »

You're not alone in feeling that the maintenance costs could use some rebalancing. I think it's a great idea and a neat feature to the game but I'd like to see Giants take another look at the implementation. In fairness to the devs the rate at which these costs rise in the real world is probably too slow for gameplay but I think they can reach a happy medium between RL and what we have now, and as you said they could give us the choose between fast, normal, and slow as they do with crop growth
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

I think its great...you are forced to replace vehicles and equiment now. And thus either save money for replacing what you had or leasing it. Both cost a lot of money.

If anything that just gonna put a brake on how fast you can progres financially, Bigger and stronger stuff just doesnt come as easy now. You can lease them but the initial 1st day costs ( 10 % of new vehicle ) and very high operating cost per hour is going to evaporate your money, and you get nothing back.

I noticed too that in as little as 40 operating hours vehicles are written off financially, and you best sell them for what's selling worth is left of them. That seems unrealistically fast ( unless it is late war german jet engineering lol ) but it's a game and i suppose they thought it through before they implemented it this way.

It makes the game a lot harder....even on easy i noticed.
Last edited by Beastofwar on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I think it is a great feature...keeps you from buying the very best of everything andthen just keeping it...prices might be a tad steep... they could be reduced some... but should be gradient based on your choice of playstyle.. easy.. normal or hard..

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

I like it a lot as well. I don't mind the concept of scaling it by difficulty level, but I wouldn't want to see it nerfed in hard mode, at least.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Mystic wrote: but I wouldn't want to see it nerfed in hard mode, at least.
agreed...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
DukaSoft

Post by DukaSoft »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
Mystic wrote: but I wouldn't want to see it nerfed in hard mode, at least.
agreed...
+1 *thumbsup*
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
TMoSM

Post by TMoSM »

It *censored* when you are starting a new game save but I like the system. Makes you to remember that things need replacing after so many hours of use.
DazzElle

Post by DazzElle »

Is it hours used that increases maintenance price or does it just increase with everyday no matter how much the equipment is being used.

So if i got a new tractor and never used it, would maintenance go up the same as a tractor that i drove 24 hrs a day ?

Thanks.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

DazzElle wrote:Is it hours used that increases maintenance price or does it just increase with everyday no matter how much the equipment is being used.

So if i got a new tractor and never used it, would maintenance go up the same as a tractor that i drove 24 hrs a day ?

Thanks.
1. Its used selling value drops with age, including sitting still with engine off. This decreases as the vehicle gets older, because it is worth less.

2. While operating the used selling value drops faster and there are ever increasing maintenance costs. At some point it is more expensive to operate then leasing a new one and operating that.

3. With leasing you will have to pay 10 % of the vehicles new price directly on the 1st day. This is extremely expensive since when you return the vehicle you lost all that money ( 1/10 of what you could have owned ). When you let the leased vehicle sit still with engine off ( harvesters between jobs for example ) from the second day on it costs only the price per day wich is reasonable. But when you operate it it cost you per hour and at rediculous high prices !! That is why leased vehicles are unsuitable for continuous operation. Or at least inadvisable to do so.
Last edited by Beastofwar on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

DazzElle wrote:Is it hours used that increases maintenance price or does it just increase with everyday no matter how much the equipment is being used.

Thanks.
it would not... maintenance is based on operating hours... although as others have pointed out a vehicle sitting for days and days DOES depreciate much at a much much reduced rate.., same as if you buy some new cars... its worth 20% less as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

I hate the feature and I wish I could turn it off. It is not even close to realistic. All these modern tractors and machines are so much more reliable that those of yester year. Now tractors with 5,000 hours are as good as they were at 2,000 if you take care of them. We have an older quadtrac sitting at 3,500 hours and almost all of that is with a heavy scraper, which is just brutal work. It is another one of those features that seems good in concept but has taken it way too far.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

1 day is the equivalent of a month in farming sim, so no the prices arent to high. I like them just where they are.
PC gamer.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Beastbubba wrote:1 day is the equivalent of a month in farming sim, so no the prices arent to high. I like them just where they are.
Exactly! You can grow crops in a matter of hours. I think the increased costs are great.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

jenna_q wrote:I hate the feature and I wish I could turn it off. It is not even close to realistic. All these modern tractors and machines are so much more reliable that those of yester year. Now tractors with 5,000 hours are as good as they were at 2,000 if you take care of them. We have an older quadtrac sitting at 3,500 hours and almost all of that is with a heavy scraper, which is just brutal work. It is another one of those features that seems good in concept but has taken it way too far.
I will agree with some of this statement but not all of it... I will.. given the chance take an older piece of equipment any time. Sure they may not be as reliable as a newer piece of equipment but they are a hell of a lot more less complicated and when the do need maintenance.. a whole lot simpler to service

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2