[SOLVED] Steering Sensitivity and Steer Back Speed

Here you find reports of bugs, that have been fixed.
Should you encounter similar symptoms to a bug that is listed here, please create a thread in Technical Support: viewforum.php?f=964
Damofarm

[SOLVED] Steering Sensitivity and Steer Back Speed

Post by Damofarm »

After the 1.3 update on pc, using an Xbox one controller, I have noticed that the steering is super fast, similar to fs17. I have found that changing steering sensitivity and steer back speed makes no difference at all, front wheels still steer faster than light speed which I find very unrealistic.

I use a G920 in cab which works great and the controller for out of cab but the steering speed is way to high and I can't seem to change it.

Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks all.
john deere 5425

Re: Steering Sensitivity and Steer Back Speed

Post by john deere 5425 »

I set my steering sensitivity to 50%and kept the back speed at what I had pre 1.3 and everything works fine, I think they added the ability to steer faster for people who like it like that but I use keyboard and xbox controller on steam version
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

The Guidance Steering mod was influencing the steering 'speed'. If you use it, get the latest version from Github.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Damofarm

Post by Damofarm »

Alagos wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:34 am The Guidance Steering mod was influencing the steering 'speed'. If you use it, get the latest version from Github.
I am running guidance steering so I will get the latest version and see what happens.

Thanks Alagos.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Please let me know if you are having issues with the basegame setup (no mods!). We do feature a steering back speed as well as a steering sensitivity option in 1.3.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Damofarm

Post by Damofarm »

x Lethian x wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:49 am Please let me know if you are having issues with the basegame setup (no mods!). We do feature a steering back speed as well as a steering sensitivity option in 1.3.
Hi x Lethian x,
I have tried both steer back speed and steering sensitivity on a base game with no mods. Steering sensitivity worked great, I slowed it down to 50%. The steer back speed also seemed to slow down when I changed the sensitivity which is good.

However, changing the steer back speed setting did nothing. I tried it at 0%, 10%, 100% but this had no effect on steer back speed, even when increasing the sensitivity to 200%.

Reducing the sensitivity will work for me. Thank you for your reply and take care.

Damofarmer