[SOLVED] New Holland L218 Gravity/Physics bug

Here you find reports of bugs, that have been fixed.
Should you encounter similar symptoms to a bug that is listed here, please create a thread in Technical Support: viewforum.php?f=964
Skyfox85

[SOLVED] New Holland L218 Gravity/Physics bug

Post by Skyfox85 »

- PC
- Vehicle: New Holland L218
- Issue: Floating behavior while driving the vehicle, like there is low gravity
- Singleplayer
- Steps to reproduce: It seems to happen randomly and rarely but after the latest patch resetting the vehicle or restarting the game does not fix it any longer as it will happen again as soon as you start to move the front loader arm after a vehicle reset (the new holland l218 seems to trigger it but whenever it has gone wrong the Mahindra Retriever also gets affected when opening the trunk) Starting a new game will fix the issue but hey, ive got 190 hours in my current one :blushnew:
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods: yes
- Which vehicles & machines are involved: New Holland L218 + Mahindra Retriever and before the patch also randomly some others but it always starts and started with the L218. Be aware: in 190 hours this is only the 6th time it has happened so it is a very rare but since the latest patch game breaking bug. My savegame has become unplayable now as the affected vehicles bounce all over the place. Starting a new game is just waiting until it appears again so I really hope you guys can fix this because until its fixed it is no more Farming Simulator for me as it is unplayable :sadnew:

BTW it is the exact same behavior shown in the youtube movies in this post : viewtopic.php?f=965&t=139640

Update: I was experimenting a bit with trying to recreate the bug on other vehicles with a front loader or trunk.
That failed, in my case it seems to be limited to the New Holland L218 and the Mahindra Retriever only. Yet somehow magically after leasing many vehicles the bug was suddenly gone. So I quit the game, loaded the bugged savegame again and tried to find out which vehicle made the bug disappear by leasing those vehicles one by one and then testing the new holland l218 and mahindra.
So in the end it turned out a simple lease of the Lizard pickup 2014 (temporarily) fixed it for me. The new Holland L218 and Mahindra also did not needed a reset, just move the front loader a bit or open/close the Mahindra trunk and gravity goes back to normal.

Update #2: Unfortunately when saving the game in fixed state the bug comes back after you quit the game and load it. To temporarily fix the bug again a better option is to buy the Lizard pickup 2014 and switch to the pickup, move it a little bit go back to Newholland L218/Mahindra Retriever and move the loader/trunk again to go back to normal gravity. That is in case you are really fond of the retriever and l218. I think I will just sell them and replace them with unbugged vehicles.
IceUul

Re: New Holland L218 Gravity/Physics bug

Post by IceUul »

Skyfox85 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:01 pm BTW it is the exact same behavior shown in the youtube movies in this post : viewtopic.php?f=965&t=139640
I will comment these two videos there, this L218 gravity bug happened when i used stump grinder with it, tried to remove
the bigger tree stumps and some invisible parts of the trees got stuck under the L218. After that the L218 started
to act like that.

After this bug here, L218 bug occured:
viewtopic.php?f=985&t=147813
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Can you please recheck to see if this bug is still appearing on patch 1.4 and if so please give us exact step by step repro steps? Thank you!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Skyfox85

Post by Skyfox85 »

x Lethian x wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:47 pm Can you please recheck to see if this bug is still appearing on patch 1.4 and if so please give us exact step by step repro steps? Thank you!
Sorry for the late reply, just got back from vacation.
I just tested both the Retriever and L218 (also without owning the pickup truck) and it seems to be fixed now! :mrgreen: Thanks a lot