[Solved] Helper block by object error getting stuck

Here you find reports of bugs, that have been fixed.
Should you encounter similar symptoms to a bug that is listed here, please create a thread in Technical Support: viewforum.php?f=964
Krahazik

[Solved] Helper block by object error getting stuck

Post by Krahazik »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Any so far.
- Issue: Obstruction flag becomming stuck with no apparent way to clear the error.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single Player
- Steps to reproduce: Random occurance
  • Start AI helper on a field task, such as plowing.
  • Wait for AI to get stuck on an obstruction, such as a tree, terrain, something which prevents forward progress.
  • Enter vehicle and fire helper.
  • Reposition vehicle clear of the obstruction and set to resume field work.
  • Attempt to restart helper.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: yes
- Which vehicles & machines are involved: Tractors so far

I have had this happen on multiple occasions. The first instance of this error is always true, something is blocking the helper. So I switch to the vehicle, fire the helper and reposition the vehicle. BUt after that, ANY attempt to use the helper instantly resu;ts in the same error message and the helper just sits there. Even when there is nothing whatsoever in the way. Its like the obstruction flag got set and there is nothing to unset the flag. I do not know how the details and internals for that all work but thats just my observation. The helper is stcuk thinking ther eis an obstruction no matter where the vehicle is, whats infront of it, or anything.

Encountered this same bug on FS17 as well.
Guil

Re: Helper block by object error getting stuck

Post by Guil »

Log?
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

Krahazik wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 pm Its like the obstruction flag got set and there is nothing to unset the flag.
Most likely due to the spec.aiTrafficCollision is not being set to nil after line 385 of the AIVehicle:onUpdateTick - though those LUADOCs are patch 1.3.0.1.

I actually made some "work-arounds" for this 'base-game script bug', in my FollowMe mod. Perhaps GIANTS developers are interested in my code comments (GitHub).
Uruora
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Uruora »

Cannot reproduce, tried several times. Closing this issue