[KNOWN ISSUE] Contracts Screen Has Misleading/Contradicting Information + Nonsensical Game-play

The reports here have been forwarded to our developers and are planned to be fixed.
cwattyeso

[KNOWN ISSUE] Contracts Screen Has Misleading/Contradicting Information + Nonsensical Game-play

Post by cwattyeso »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: All Platforms
- Issue: Since one of the last patches to the game, the contract system and contract screen has had some changes. These changes now result in some conflicting/misleading information plus a very nonsensical fee/reward system. Prior to the Patch when doing Contracts you had the option to use your own equipment or lease equipment from the store for a fee, which would be deducted from the Contract Amount. Since an update this has now changed and you have the option to use your own equipment as before or now borrow the farmer's equipment to do the task for them. I believe this change was made to prevent players using leased equipment to complete multiple contracts of the same type before returning it. However when choosing to borrow the farmer's equipment, the player is still being deducted a lease fee and the contract screen main window still has text making reference to leasing equipment and having your fee reduced by the amount shown. This does make doing contracts impractical if borrowing equipment as it is costing you so much money to borrow equipment.
I believe in the photo example above it would make more sense and be less contradicting and misleading to players to change the text that reads "Use your own equipment or lease equipment for a reward reduced by £124" and instead have it say "Use your own equipment for a additional reward of £124". From a game-play stand point it makes no sense if a farmer is offering me a job on one of their fields for a fee and is then going to deduct money from that fee for using the farmer's own equipment. It also makes no sense if I am borrowing the Farmer's equipment that I have to go and collect it from the store, and purchase and provide such things as Fertiliser/Seed/Herbicide if required. Surely if borrowing the Farmer's equipment it would be located at their field, and they would provide the products needed to complete the contract as well near to that field? As you can longer use the Borrowed Equipment to complete multiple contracts there really seems to be no point to having the borrow fee. However it would make sense that if a player elected to use their own equipment for a contract that the farmer would be required to reward them with additional payment to cover such things as vehicle wear & tear and fuel costs that the player incurs on their equipment whilst doing the contract. Also again it makes more sense seeing as player's have to outlay a lot of money to purchase equipment, that they should get a bonus for using their own on contracts to compensate for what they've outlaid in building up their equipment collection.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Both
- Steps to reproduce: Go to the contract screen and explore the contracts available.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
BigC92

Re: Contracts Screen Has Misleading/Contradicting Information + Nonsensical Game-play

Post by BigC92 »

Good thinking on making a bug report, it is misleading for sure.
FarmBoss

Re: [READ] Contracts Screen Has Misleading/Contradicting Information + Nonsensical Game-play

Post by FarmBoss »

I hope Giants understands the OP and can work this out.
We should also be allowed to accept multiple missions so we can play as a contractor.
Miketeg

Re: [READ] Contracts Screen Has Misleading/Contradicting Information + Nonsensical Game-play

Post by Miketeg »

This is a really good Bug report and I hope that will be fixed.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

So just want to update everyone that this issue is still not fixed in Patch 1.4 that was released today.

Also more worrying is that the bug/glitch with the information on contract screens when doing harvesting contracts that shows you as having missed crops and being deducted money for it, is still also present in the game after Patch 1.4, so despite this graphical error being reported back in February when Patch 1.3 came out, it's still not been fixed.

Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

I doubt that we will completely rework the contracts screen and UI but I forwarded it to the devs - can't promise anything.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images