[LOW PRIORITY] MAN TGS 18.500 4x4 jackknifes too easily

Reports listed in this forum have almost no game impact and therefore, are not a priority for us at this point.
bossmanslim

[LOW PRIORITY] MAN TGS 18.500 4x4 jackknifes too easily

Post by bossmanslim »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: MAN TGS 18.500 4x4 with Krampe SB II 30/1070
- Issue: Truck jackknifes very easily when driving at high speed even with not very sharp turns
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Buy truck, attach trailer, drive on roads and across fields at various speeds and turning the wheel. This is easier to accomplish with keyboard controls
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: yes
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: MAN TGS 18.500 4x4 jackknifes too easily

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi there!

I am unable to reproduce this on the latest patch - could you provide a log file and a video perhaps? Thanks!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
SteelRodent

Re: [MORE INFO] MAN TGS 18.500 4x4 jackknifes too easily

Post by SteelRodent »

If you go slow in corners this doesn't happen, but the truck is very light in the rear so if you go at any significant speed, especially over bumpy roads, it will lift up the rear end and jackknife without even trying to do it. Also braking hard with a full trailer will cause it to jackknife because the semi trailers in the game basically have no brakes at all. These trucks are very front-heavy IRL, but it's exaggerated in-game to the point where it's unrealistic. The Tatra is much harder to jackknife - it's like it's 10 times heavier - but it's still very much possible; it just acts more like you'd expect these trucks to behave.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [MORE INFO] MAN TGS 18.500 4x4 jackknifes too easily

Post by x Lethian x »

I'm not sure if there has been any improvement on this in patch 1.4 but I am almost certain that this mot likely won't be changed any further, I'm afraid.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images