[LOW PRIORITY] Anderson RBMPRO 2000 is missing the rotating loading arm

Reports listed in this forum have almost no game impact and therefore, are not a priority for us at this point.
SteelRodent

[LOW PRIORITY] Anderson RBMPRO 2000 is missing the rotating loading arm

Post by SteelRodent »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Anderson RBMPRO 2000
- Issue: The machine is missing the rotating arm the real machine is equipped with, as shown here: https://youtu.be/ydO-fIaTlZc?t=131 (video by Anderson).
- Single- or Multiplayer: Either
- Steps to reproduce:
1. Install DLC
2. Buy/lease machine
3. Notice missing feature
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Yes

Worth noting that none of the round bale equipment for FS19 releases the bales horizontally, therefore making the machine without the rotating arm is pretty damn dumb. The hydraulic cylinder for rotating the arm is present on the model, it's just not functional.

EDIT: Fixed timestamp on video.
IceUul

Re: Anderson RBMPRO 2000 is missing the rotating loading arm

Post by IceUul »

I noticed same problem, visually it is annoying to look. Please fix.
Miketeg

Re: Anderson RBMPRO 2000 is missing the rotating loading arm

Post by Miketeg »

Another "botched" release...

wow...

Ah :
In before "Won't fix because minor issue" LOL....
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [READ] Anderson RBMPRO 2000 is missing the rotating loading arm

Post by x Lethian x »

Thanks for the report!
It was indeed not possible to implement the tool this way code-wise at the time. That's why it will only pick them up "horizontally" for now ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
SteelRodent

Re: [READ] Anderson RBMPRO 2000 is missing the rotating loading arm

Post by SteelRodent »

x Lethian x wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:10 am Thanks for the report!
It was indeed not possible to implement the tool this way code-wise at the time. That's why it will only pick them up "horizontally" for now ;)
Translation: "We couldn't be bothered to take the time we needed to do it properly."
That actually goes for 90% of the issues on this forum.

If it wasn't possible at the time, then you wait until it IS possible or change whatever you need to change to make it possible. It's that simple. It's a fundamental part of doing any kind of software development that you ensure the platform supports all functions required for content you intent to add. Every professional developer knows that. Wasn't the whole point in the update to support the DLC? This is exactly what should've been in the update.

Please remove the machine from the DLC until it works like it should or you will get more people on here in time complaining about it. Either do it right, or don't bother trying. We've had more half-assery with FS19 than the last 6 games combined, we don't need more of it.

EDIT: Grammar. Hit the button too fast :P
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [WON'T FIX] Anderson RBMPRO 2000 is missing the rotating loading arm

Post by x Lethian x »

It's not a simple "change" - you can't reconfigure how the scripts in the game work: If you would want a tool to be able to picke up a bale like this there would be many many different checks going on at the same time - "is the bale standing upright, is it on the side, how should I pick it up" the script would ask. Too much memory needed for that, performance would go down, MP would come to a complete halt. So no, it's not going to be changed to work like that.
If you would try modding it yourself on a similar tool which is supposed to support both kind of pickups, you would run into the same issues and it would be much clearer on why this is not "fixable" ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

If we would only release the game or a DLC when every single detail works exactly like it does in reality, we wouldn't be able to release anything within the next 100 years or so. Since that is not an option, we need to find a tradeoff between being perfect and good enough. And this detail is one of the things that simply didn't make the cut because it is absolutely not game-breaking and would be quite time-consuming to implement while even introducing many constraints to make the development in the future for other features even more time-consuming.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Stegei wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:55 am If we would only release the game or a DLC when every single detail works exactly like it does in reality, we wouldn't be able to release anything within the next 100 years or so. Since that is not an option, we need to find a tradeoff between being perfect and good enough. And this detail is one of the things that simply didn't make the cut because it is absolutely not game-breaking and would be quite time-consuming to implement while even introducing many constraints to make the development in the future for other features even more time-consuming.
I think the problem is with x Lethian x wording, basically saying it couldn't be done "at the time" and that is how it works "for now", implying that you plan to make it work, but it wasn't done in time for the release. This made it sound like you released it knowing full well it was not complete (like the base game).
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Stegei wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:55 am If we would only release the game or a DLC when every single detail works exactly like it does in reality, we wouldn't be able to release anything within the next 100 years or so. Since that is not an option, we need to find a tradeoff between being perfect and good enough. And this detail is one of the things that simply didn't make the cut because it is absolutely not game-breaking and would be quite time-consuming to implement while even introducing many constraints to make the development in the future for other features even more time-consuming.
You exaggerate a bit. A bit more. At FS15 and 17 it was not the same thing, the basic game went well and only small retouching was needed. FS19 you've been terribly wrong, crushed. And now you dont know what to repair first, it's too much to repair, you do not have time, you will never end. We do not have to be good at computers or games, we feel everything you've done.

It would not be a bad idea to come up with an official announcement to admit that you exaggerated and rushed. Very much, incredibly hurried, you left a lot of unfinished things here. You know it from the first day that there are many unfinished things and you still launched the product. You have to assume that. And do not feel injured by people's words, they are right to be dissatisfied.

See you in FS21! Test it before, dont launch if it will not be ready or good enough.

What's up next? Any next patch for FS19? 1.4? When? Or this is it and moved to FS21?

Thank you for info.
eater84

Post by eater84 »

Maybe you (Giants) can implement, that we are able to rotate the arm manually by pressing any key. I can imagine that an animation of a rotating arm is too complex, but an instant change of the direction of the arm without animation might be possible (like the cover of the Elmer's Haulmaster. The "opening procedure" isn't animated, too)

Advantage: You don't need to edit the script. The bales will be picked up regardless of whether standing upright or not (like it works now) but you will get a high increase in atmosphere.
Ich spiele auf der Xbox Series X.
PlatinumTurbo

Post by PlatinumTurbo »

Fells like the people at Giants have lost the pride and passion with this version of FS. Pumping out stuff because its simply "good enough" and then telling us "we won't fix it" shows that they just don't care how they used to.
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Feels like the players of FS have lost the pride and passion to play this version of FS. Pumping out stuff because something isnt good enough for oneself and then telling us Giants are the bad guys shows that some players just dont care about playing the game and its all about crying about bugs.
Meine LS22-Mods
Neu-Minibrunn Support Thread

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

In a perfect world everything work as you want it to, however we live in the real world such as this week in RL i got a recall on my car, as there a design flaw with the brakes, did i phone the car company and complain, no i just booked it in for the work to be done! , I be-leave the RBMPRO functions correctly, its just an animation issue, as i read through comments on this website, i am astounded at all the moaning ninnies on this forum, let me say this, if you moan about every small detail then when you have a valid complaint, then you wont be listened too! Try to enjoy the game as it is and embrace the improvements as they come, I personally cant wait for seasons, do i think they missed a trick by not incorporating this into the core game- Yes, Was i disappointed -Yes, however i know it is to come (sooner rather than later i Hope) and i have something to look forward to. But i know when it does come, many on here will pick it to pieces rather than embracing it for what it is.

ill end with a question, can someone tell me which game is perfect and suits everybody that plays it without compromise, i would love to give it a go!

Rant Over LOL
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Ox91

Post by Ox91 »

Also there is a missing method of unloading that dumps the bales on their flat side.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Farming Girl wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:16 pm In a perfect world everything work as you want it to, however we live in the real world such as this week in RL i got a recall on my car, as there a design flaw with the brakes, did i phone the car company and complain, no i just booked it in for the work to be done! , I be-leave the RBMPRO functions correctly, its just an animation issue, as i read through comments on this website, i am astounded at all the moaning ninnies on this forum, let me say this, if you moan about every small detail then when you have a valid complaint, then you wont be listened too! Try to enjoy the game as it is and embrace the improvements as they come, I personally cant wait for seasons, do i think they missed a trick by not incorporating this into the core game- Yes, Was i disappointed -Yes, however i know it is to come (sooner rather than later i Hope) and i have something to look forward to. But i know when it does come, many on here will pick it to pieces rather than embracing it for what it is.

ill end with a question, can someone tell me which game is perfect and suits everybody that plays it without compromise, i would love to give it a go!

Rant Over LOL
Your analogy is not suitable here. When a recall is issued by a car company, that means they're willing to fix it. They will pay the bill, and it will be fixed.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada