Modhub - Feature Improvements

Need help with a mod you make? Want to discuss something with other Modders? This is the right place for it.
this_is_gav

Re: Modhub - Feature Improvements

Post by this_is_gav »

I think the only thing I've not seen mentioned is multiplayer mods. I don't play multiplayer often, but it is a mess trying to match mods with other players. A means of synchronising mods (and keeping them separate from single player mods and/or custom edits) between players would be good.

The other thing that occurred to me is things like crops and geos (assuming they'll still be a thing) built into maps. Personally I think it would be better to enforce them to be separate or recommended mods. It would mean the game would need a way to inject additional fill types into storage and sell points in maps and equipment (eg trailers), but it would help the fill type limits (and the latter would work very well with the production aspect and modders expanding that) and conflicting geos.

Derplodactyl wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:51 pm If you want to get really particular and paranoid about it, some could easily use it as a way to boost modhub downloads. Create a map and use lots of assets which are separate mods and then require the user to download them. A limit of how many could be "required" would work well here.
Personally I like such mods to be kept separate as it means I can use them on other maps too. However you are correct in saying that required mods shouldn't be used as a mechanism to boost downloads and rewards.

If it could be done where such mods can be kept separate (and counted separately), but downloads aren't counted when a mod requires them, that would be a good compromise.
nathanieloffer

Post by nathanieloffer »

I want to see some consistency in the information available in the modhub. Each category should have a default template that lists base information about it. Ask yourself what would someone want to know when deciding between this mod and the one next to it? For a seeder what's the capacity? Does it direct drill? What crops can it seed? Does it also fertilize? Then make that template and include that information for all seeders. Trailers, Trailers need to show their tip options. Are they high tip, side tip, push unload i.e. no tip. If I'm playing a map with a low roof building I need to unload crop into then I need to find a trailer that has side or no tip but currently it's hit and miss.

Also fix the buttons in the modhub. When you click install the buttons jump around. The install/uninstall button shouldn't move and the back button should be in the same position the whole time regardless of whatever else is happening.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Either drastically improve the search function or add more categories to sort mods into.
Right now all placeable are in one category, Why not have one for animal pens, sheds, ... just like in the ingame build menu already.

Filter options by manufacturer, working width, ...

Dump the star rating system. Or at least add mandatory feedback to it.
Or provide direct contact possibility to the modder.

Set and verify a minimum needed information depending on mod type. Reading hour long descriptions of a map is useless if scrolling is not available in the ingame modhub.
In case of implements all important information should be there: needed power, working width, fill volume, ...
Do not put it in text (mod description). Provide mandatory input fields for the modder depending on mod type. Those inputs should then be published on Modhub page.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
SMI Modding Team

Post by SMI Modding Team »

Opinion and Suggestion as a Modder Group:

1. Rework the Rating System (maybe with a quality control directly done by GIANTS Software) so the mod will be evaluated by GIANTS Software as a good quality mod or standard or low quality.

2. Rework the Top Category, actually it's a little bit strange, some mods with a HQ doesn't get anything, some get the Top Flag only because the modder or modder team is known (even if the mod isn't that good).

3. Rework the Tester Team, there are plently difference between the actually tester, for example a mod can be acceptable for tester "A" not for tester "B", so would be great if all the tester are uniformed with a standard testing.

4. A form of contact between modder (organisation) to players, so modders can keep a sort of bug report directly by players.

5. Let the modder choose if the mod goes on PC Only or Console Only with the possibilities to choose which platforms (PS4/XB1) or (PS5/XBSX).
The modder can decide whether to aim for a higher quality standard and make the mod go only for next gen.

6. At last but not least, if it's possible a way to keep the mod only on modhub and not on others website.
A way to crypt the mod by the modders so a player or even another modder can't open it to edit or take parts from it.

Thanks.
SMI Modding Team
SMI Modding Team - Official ModHub Organisation - Code GIANTS Partner: SMIMODDING
n0tr3adY

Post by n0tr3adY »

SMI Modding Team wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:19 pm Opinion and Suggestion as a Modder Group:

1. Rework the Rating System (maybe with a quality control directly done by GIANTS Software) so the mod will be evaluated by GIANTS Software as a good quality mod or standard or low quality.

2. Rework the Top Category, actually it's a little bit strange, some mods with a HQ doesn't get anything, some get the Top Flag only because the modder or modder team is known (even if the mod isn't that good).

3. Rework the Tester Team, there are plently difference between the actually tester, for example a mod can be acceptable for tester "A" not for tester "B", so would be great if all the tester are uniformed with a standard testing.

4. A form of contact between modder (organisation) to players, so modders can keep a sort of bug report directly by players.

5. Let the modder choose if the mod goes on PC Only or Console Only with the possibilities to choose which platforms (PS4/XB1) or (PS5/XBSX).
The modder can decide whether to aim for a higher quality standard and make the mod go only for next gen.

6. At last but not least, if it's possible a way to keep the mod only on modhub and not on others website.
A way to crypt the mod by the modders so a player or even another modder can't open it to edit or take parts from it.

Thanks.
SMI Modding Team
Totally agree with that, except the 6th. Crypting mods will prevent everyone to learn new things from experienced modder's stuff. If you see a stolen part of your mod and you can proove it's yours, you can report it to QA ;)
the disu

Post by the disu »

I would like to have the option of automatically downloading all mods at once when entering the server, not one at a time to save time. google translation
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

- It was mentioned several times, but please rework or even remove the rating system. I would prefer a moderated comment function under each mod. Or at least just a 'Like' Button (no 'dislike').

- It would be great if you could provide an easy way for players to get in touch with the modders.

- A better hit algorythm for searching for a mod. When I search for a particular mod, I get many displayed, but the one I'm looking for is usually not there.

- More subcategories in the modhub, especially for placeable objects (e.g. animal husbandries)

- Mandatory technical specifications for vehicles and equipment, such as working width, needed power for tools, capacity, etc.

- Link to the modhub website of required mods rather than downloading it directly

- The previous mentioned beta section would be nice for having a larger testing base, e.g. for maps

- A separate category for altered base game equipment and vehicles.

- Does anyone really filters for 'Top Mods'? I think, you can remove this flag.
Meine LS22-Mods
Neu-Minibrunn Support Thread

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
Eische

Post by Eische »

Add possibility to keep older versions of mods in the Modhub.
Sometimes mods are receiving critical updates which would require a new savegame (for maps) or need you to sell the old version first before installing the new version (equipment mods). Especially console players often run into broken/unrecoverable savegames because a mod was updated and they did not read the description well enough.
The modder could flag the new version as critical and the system will automatically generate a new version of the mod (changed name) and provide additional download option. This way, players can decide which version to keep and have time to prepare the savegame for the new mod version.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Yes, thats indeed a problem for console players. So, I would suggest to go a bit further and not keeping the old versions locally (that would increase the used mod space) but online in the modhub, at least the last and the latest version of a mod.

And I just want to point out one thing from Eische's posts: A flag in the modhub that allows modders to sign a map for a new savegame or a mod for selling old equipment.
Meine LS22-Mods

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

One thing that just came to mind:
-cumulating the number of downloads for the PC and console version of a mod in the "Top Downloaded" list.
Meine LS22-Mods

DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Include slot count for mods available to console.
Mouldy-Texture

Post by Mouldy-Texture »

please bring more Australian Trucks into fs19
please bring more smaller little brands in like Holzformer chainsaws into fs19
and finally bring in an a western Australian map into fs19
Mouldy-Texture

Post by Mouldy-Texture »

dont have slot counts on consoles so then we can have as many vehicles we want.
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Slot count isn't just for fun. You can't have as many vehicles or tools as you want because memory is limited. Without slots your console will crash.

But this is no mod or game feature request thread its for improving the Modhub.
Meine LS22-Mods

Farmer Mac

Post by Farmer Mac »

TopAce888 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:42 pm

- More subcategories in the modhub, especially for placeable objects (e.g. animal husbandries)
Ich hätte es so gemacht, wie es auch im eigentlichen Spiel ist, dann es ist nicht alles doppelt und man findet alles.