Modhub - Feature Improvements

Need help with a mod you make? Want to discuss something with other Modders? This is the right place for it.
DocDesastro

Re: Modhub - Feature Improvements

Post by DocDesastro »

How about this toggle-able feature: show GIANTS mods only as a filter option and not show all/crossplay.
"Cetero censeo, vino in ludum non habere esse repudiandum." (Doc, der Ältere, neuzeitlich)

Missionar der Kirche der "wahren" Landwirtschaft :biggrin2:
Achimobil

Post by Achimobil »

I would prefer that the modder has to give contact possibility for error messages to the mods.
contacting over the forum most times do not have success.
When a modder do not react to request, delete the mods from the modhub
Support für meine Mods im Discord
AlphaRay

Post by AlphaRay »

Still missing: "UPDATE ALL"-Button in game to update all mods at once instead manuelly do this stuff half hour every week...
Schleicher

Post by Schleicher »

Proper Testing of mods before they enter the Hub.

Why does it takes multiple Days of "Testing" "something" when obvious Errors accur while doing very Basic tasks ?? or Mods refuse to work right form the get go??

Why is something like Courseplay in the Hub?? a empty Page with a bunch of dead buttons without any function.
torkelz

Post by torkelz »

With the ever increasing amount of mods on ModHub for FS22, which by itself is awesome!
However, because of that the need for improvements how to find mods increases, especially when you don't know exactly what you are looking for.

The Latest and Top Downloaded is great on the website, but it needs to also be possible to do this based on a category as well.
Same for in-game, there needs to be a possibility to view Best/Recommended/Most Downloaded/Latest based on a selected category.

Aside from "re-using" the existing sorting options, I would also suggest adding a Trending option based on e.g. weeks and/or months.
I would love to see these kinds of improvements if not for FS22, at least for future FS games.

TLDR: The ModHub website and in-game needs to have more filtering/sorting options due to the ever increasing amount of mods.
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

Every Modhub entry should have a link to a feedback forum page, even if hosted elsewhere than this forum.
Sometimes a time consuming research is necessary to find the official thread of that mod and even a Github hotfix version that is newer than the latest Modhub upload.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
farmerfivetom

Post by farmerfivetom »

This combined with the option to write, why you vote that sum of stars would it also make it more easy for Modders to connect with thr Community.
:hi:
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

A better search function. The algorithm of the internal search is so bad that it's better to use Google to find something inside the Modhub.
If I use a 3 word phrase of the english title of a mod I get 90 results, if I use the german title I get one result, which of course is the correct one.
If a modDesc.xml got 3 languages, all those languages should be included in the search logic, so if a new mod is uploaded, the upload.php should scan the modDesc.xml inside the .zip and automatically use the found phrases and convert them to tags.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
smitty1302

Post by smitty1302 »

I don’t even know if this is the right location to post this because I’m new here, but I was wondering if it would be possible to create a mod that would include irrigation systems such as pivots, wheel line sprinklers, etc.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

just discovered this thread.

Included comments in my consolidated thread
viewtopic.php?t=204399
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder