Blender Exporter Plugin - Feedback

TSM

Re: Blender Exporter Plugin - Feedback

Post by TSM »

no offense but its fooking maya user's making it easy for Giants to ignore blender in the first place ;)
MFPaul_J

Post by MFPaul_J »

Farming Girl wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:09 pm

I now have, and am learning Maya :gamer: Thankyou for your info! :lol:
No problem :hi:
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

TSM wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:40 pm no offense but its fooking maya user's making it easy for Giants to ignore blender in the first place ;)
No offence taken, however after modding on blender for a couple of months now, and just a couple of days on Maya, i can see that Maya is so much more powerful, and you can take more across to giants editor than you can with blender, so i can see why it would be supported more, it is a professional tool "No offence intended" saying that its taking a bit of getting used to :)
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
TSM

Post by TSM »

i give up anyway Giants are never going to give blender the support it needs, they obviously prefer to enable people to use Maya illegally in lot of case as you need a commercial license to use it on mod hub as profit is involved.
MFPaul_J

Post by MFPaul_J »

We will see what the story is after Blender 2.8 is officially released.
falcon70

Post by falcon70 »

The add-on needs some work to be compatible to blender 2.8 as some of you may have tried.(just changing the version number won't do you any good :mrgreen: )

Even with blender 2.79, it doesn't seem to do half of what is written into the code. ( i recognise some terms and general idea of what it means, but i have no idea how to write the code)

Or else;

Am I doing something wrong? I have to write into the .i3d file the external shapes file setting, and yet when you read the code (from what i can work out) it should do it automatically on export, so why doesn't it? is there something in blender that i need to tick or fill in for it to work properly.

Also from what i can read of the code there seems to be functions in it that some of you are asking for, and it's already there, why do we have to add in the material files in the "<files> <files/> section ?

You can also use a heap of shaders and mixers in the node section of blender for rendering and such, so my question also is , what or where is the reference table so we can match what we use in blender, or what Giants shaders are there, that are similar, so when creating custom mods, we can then put then into a i3d files so we can get a "similar" render result?

Would it also be possible for the addon for blender also import i3d files, so modders can update older mods? I have been using Blender 2.8 and it's way better than 2.79 so far (at least until final stable version)
MFPaul_J

Post by MFPaul_J »

Any news on the exporter? I have a feeling this will never happen within this year :lol: but yeah Blender modders are unable to have the features needed to make a mod look better... Animate hoses etc
Jeytav

Post by Jeytav »

Yeah, I do wonder if we will get a new exporter at some point this year or next with blender 2.8 full release just around the corner, but hey who knows maybe they are saving it for fs21(pls don't)
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

MFPaul_J wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:02 pm
Farming Girl wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:42 am Not buying Maya either, have you seen the price of that, yay for Blender
Yeah, Its expensive but most modders that use Maya use the student licence :confusednew: Or else they use it for work but majority of Maya modders I know have admitted using the free student licence just to get the better exporter :zunge:
Yes, am in the process of downloading now. Thank you very much also.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Dezza69 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:19 am
MFPaul_J wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:02 pm
Yeah, Its expensive but most modders that use Maya use the student licence :confusednew: Or else they use it for work but majority of Maya modders I know have admitted using the free student licence just to get the better exporter :zunge:
Yes, am in the process of downloading now. Thank you very much also.
I finished my first mod in maya, it’s taken some getting to grips, but now I have a bit, I find it much more versatile than blender. I have found a online course as well, I will post a link tomorrow, I’m just off to bed.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

- sorry to highjack, but which version of Maya is everyone using 2018 or 2019??

Thanks!!!!!
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

I'm using 18 as i couldn't get the Giants exporter to install on 19, if anyone knows how, i would be grateful if you let me know as i have both versions.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
MFPaul_J

Post by MFPaul_J »

Dezza69 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:05 am - sorry to highjack, but which version of Maya is everyone using 2018 or 2019??

Thanks!!!!!
Using a student version and uploading to Modhub(Making money) goes against Maya's TOS. Also... Your in the wrong thread... Haha
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

MFPaul_J wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:28 pm Using a student version and uploading to Modhub(Making money) goes against Maya's TOS. Also... Your in the wrong thread... Haha
You have no right to infer where my final products may end up. I'm very aware of licensing restrictions. Since I have university qualifications in education, it's possible I'm one of the few using the education version within its TOS's.

And, I'm not in the wrong thread - read back a couple of responses. Have you answered my question? 2018 or 2019??
Farming Girl wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:29 am I'm using 18 as i couldn't get the Giants exporter to install on 19, if anyone knows how, i would be grateful if you let me know as i have both versions.
Thank you very much Farming Girl. Have just installed 2018 on the Mac. Would be really nice if the devs could update the various plugin downloads on GDN to just be zip files instead of "exe" files where possible please.

Really hoping the exporter for Blender is kept on par to what I've read the Maya exporter is capable. Perhaps that will happen when 2.8 is released.
MFPaul_J

Post by MFPaul_J »

Dezza69 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:04 am
MFPaul_J wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:28 pm Using a student version and uploading to Modhub(Making money) goes against Maya's TOS. Also... Your in the wrong thread... Haha
You have no right to infer where my final products may end up. I'm very aware of licensing restrictions. Since I have university qualifications in education, it's possible I'm one of the few using the education version within its TOS's.

And, I'm not in the wrong thread - read back a couple of responses. Have you answered my question? 2018 or 2019??
Farming Girl wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:29 am I'm using 18 as i couldn't get the Giants exporter to install on 19, if anyone knows how, i would be grateful if you let me know as i have both versions.
Thank you very much Farming Girl. Have just installed 2018 on the Mac. Would be really nice if the devs could update the various plugin downloads on GDN to just be zip files instead of "exe" files where possible please.

Really hoping the exporter for Blender is kept on par to what I've read the Maya exporter is capable. Perhaps that will happen when 2.8 is released.
I don't have any right to interfere for sure *thumbsup*
Just talk to Maya if you plan to use modhub and they'll probably tell you the same as they told me a while back about student versions and modhub rewards. Anyways I do hope the exporter is eventually on par with Maya :hi: