Blender Exporter Plugin - Feedback

eight_lugs

Re: Blender Exporter Plugin - Feedback

Post by eight_lugs »

Is it possible to directly import an i3d file? When I export .obj in GE and import in Blender I just get a square box.
TSM

Post by TSM »

MFPaul_J

Post by MFPaul_J »

https://www.blender.org/download/releases/2-80/ 2.8 is released, Farmcon over... Surely it is time :hmm:
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Post by böserlöwe »

mit dieser Version des Exporters habt ihr es bereits versucht und es hat nicht geklappt?
https://github.com/Tallion-07/I3d-Import-Export-Giants
Jeytav

Post by Jeytav »

A few months late but if you still intend to give us a new improved plugin before fs21 then I just want to see a lot more features from the maya plugin in the blender version if possible, this means skinned meshes, i3d mapping, udim etc.
MFPaul_J

Post by MFPaul_J »

I wonder will we get any reply from Giants..Any reply would be nice.
TSM

Post by TSM »

I think when Chris started this thread he was unaware of Giants policy towards Blender user's, which has never been helpful and now modders have taken it upon themselves to update the current crappy exporter Giants will just use that, its pretty clear to me Giants prefer to continue to support and encourage the illegal use of maya to make mods for Farming Sim and its not going to change.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

TSM wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:18 am I think when Chris started this thread he was unaware of Giants policy towards Blender user's, which has never been helpful and now modders have taken it upon themselves to update the current crappy exporter Giants will just use that, its pretty clear to me Giants prefer to continue to support and encourage the illegal use of maya to make mods for Farming Sim and its not going to change.
Not everyone uses the student version of Maya, also bear in mind that maya is a far more comprehensive program than Blender, so maybe it supports more export features than blender, just a thought. Another thought is that if giants use Maya themselves, they would put more resources into that exporter.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
TSM

Post by TSM »

so you paid FULL price to use MAYA to mod hmmmm yeah of course you did ;) plus you need a commercial license to use it on Mod hub and you bought that to of course you did ;) this will be my last response on this matter, as its pointless to keep saying things over and over and expecting Giants to respond because unless its about FSL...
Edit by Guil.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

TSM wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:34 am so you paid FULL price to use MAYA to mod hmmmm yeah of course you did ;) plus you need a commercial license to use it on Mod hub and you bought that to of course you did ;) this will be my last response on this matter, as its pointless to keep saying things over and over and expecting Giants to respond because unless its about FSL they really could not give a fu**.
Not I, I’m a poor person, I have blender, I wish I could afford Maya, however I know some people have access through work.... Also I wish Giants supported Blender better, I was just stating reality, just making the best of what we have, that’s what I do.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
MFPaul_J

Post by MFPaul_J »

Looks like we have our answer.....
JohnDeere1952

Post by JohnDeere1952 »

TSM wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:34 am so you paid FULL price to use MAYA to mod hmmmm yeah of course you did ;) plus you need a commercial license to use it on Mod hub and you bought that to of course you did ;) this will be my last response on this matter, as its pointless to keep saying things over and over and expecting Giants to respond because unless its about FSL...
Edit by Guil.
No.... A lot of blender and ( sketchup users at one time) helped Giants become what they are today. It seems they are forgetting the core base of FS players.

Edit by Guil, please don't promote piracy.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

So, to not leave this thread hanging (sorry about that, it's been a week):

It was harder than i thought getting the info i needed. The current state is, that we don't have the capacity to update the exporter. I'm sorry to not bring better news there, even though you guys (on german and english side) gave a lot of good feedback there (Thanks again for that).
That doesn't mean it can't happen, but at the moment we can't guarantee it and we wanted you to know.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
falcon70

Post by falcon70 »

böserlöwe wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:03 pm mit dieser Version des Exporters habt ihr es bereits versucht und es hat nicht geklappt?
https://github.com/Tallion-07/I3d-Import-Export-Giants
I had posted it up on github, and I am attempting to do something with it, but it is not functional, I have been currently been caught up with federal court case with grandkids, so my part of doing anything with the plug in is currently on hold until court is done with (real life problems), if anyone has any experiance with python and github, and wants to help with the updating of the plug in , contact me and I will give you access,
Best regards

Falcon70 (aka Tallion_07)
Krahazik

Post by Krahazik »

I have noted when exporting as an OBJ and hen importing into BLender, the hierachy of the model is not retained. Everything becomes 1 single object. Usually if th result appears ot be just a solid box, that seames to be one of the nodes which surrounds the whole model. If I switch to wireframe mode I can then see everything that is hidden by the box.

For exporting from Blender I have been using FBX as I can't get the exporter to work. It has a bug where its not correctly detecting my blender version and so keeps asking me to install the version of blender that I am using.