MAurUS
GIANTS Software | Gameplay Programmer

Re: FS19 - Creating Store Icons for Mods

Post by MAurUS »

Download link should work again.
AntonW140

Post by AntonW140 »

Hello.Please tell me how to solve this error.
log.txt
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
MAurUS

Post by MAurUS »

Hi Anton.

Could you please send me the whole fsIconGenerator folder content? The same folder where the log file is included. You can send it via PM.
jdoherty15

Post by jdoherty15 »

I have used the software multiple times successfully. However, about half of my mods do not show up in the list to generate from. I get this in the log for each mod. Here is the line for the specific mod I am working on.

"FS Icon Generator 0.1.3
Loaded configuration from 'C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\fsIconGenerator'
Game Directory: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2019' Version: '1.7.1.0' Valid: 'True'
Editor Directory: 'C:\Program Files\GIANTS Software\GIANTS_Editor_8.2.2_64-bit\x64\editor.exe' Version: '8.2.2' Valid: 'True'
Mod Directory: 'C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\mods' Valid: 'True'
Error while parsing XML file 'C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\mods\FS19_2020_Ram_1500_Limited\Ram.xml':
not well-formed (invalid token): line 198, column 40"

I have looked at the difference between the main xml of mods that work with the software and ones that don't (ones that show up in the list to choose from and ones that do not) and I cannot see what could be throwing the software off. Any help is appreciated.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

jdoherty15 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:27 am Error while parsing XML file 'C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\mods\FS19_2020_Ram_1500_Limited\Ram.xml':
Welcome to the forum!

Since the error indicates that there is an issue with the XML files of the mod, I would recommend to check it using https://www.xmlvalidation.com/

This should give you some information what exactly is wrong on that line.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
jdoherty15

Post by jdoherty15 »

don_apple wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:00 pm
jdoherty15 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:27 am Error while parsing XML file 'C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\mods\FS19_2020_Ram_1500_Limited\Ram.xml':
Welcome to the forum!

Since the error indicates that there is an issue with the XML files of the mod, I would recommend to check it using https://www.xmlvalidation.com/

This should give you some information what exactly is wrong on that line.
That fixed it! Thank you!! Apparently "&" isn't allowed in an xml file in order for it to register as an acceptable file.
Bolex

Post by Bolex »

Will Icon Generator for fs22 be available for download outside modding tutorials 5.0 for free?
MAurUS

Post by MAurUS »

The latest Version of the Icon Generator is now available in the GDN. A little "HowTo" is included as PDF file.
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

MAurUS wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:51 am The latest Version of the Icon Generator is now available in the GDN. A little "HowTo" is included as PDF file.
the icon generator is NOT on the GDN...no download link available
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Richard Dower wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:25 pm
MAurUS wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:51 am The latest Version of the Icon Generator is now available in the GDN. A little "HowTo" is included as PDF file.
the icon generator is NOT on the GDN...no download link available
I'm able to see and download it:
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
SonoKinoko

Re: Creating Store Icons for Mods

Post by SonoKinoko »

Just downloaded the generator.

I'm having some trouble though. I follow the instruction, press generate, and the app get stuck on "starting GIANTS editor.." with progress bar not moving. on the background, the editor actually opens, generate an "untitled.i3D" with something in it, and.. that's it. nothing move.

what I'm doing wrong?

Edit. did some test while extracting mod from the game, directly from the editor, and it works. So now the question is, why is not working on my mod?

I"m trying to mod the greenhouse. Unfortunately I'm new to modding, and while there is plenty of documentation of modding vehicles, it's almost impossible to find a tutorial on how to mod buildings (which I'm really looking forward, FS22 opens million of possibilities!).

So. the greenhouse is not listed in the "new mod from game" menu. I went and copy the files from the folder, but not working. Any help?
Serega_56

Post by Serega_56 »

Hello everyone. The icon generator does not want to work, it gives this error.
Loaded configuration from 'C:\Users\Serega_56\Documents\My Games\Agriculture Simulator 2022\fs Icon Generator'
Game Catalog: " Version: '0.0.0.0' Allowed: 'Lies'
Backtracking (last last call):

File "main.py ", line 18, in <module>

File "app\FSIconGenerator.py ", line 88, in __initialization__

File "app\FSIconGenerator.py ", line 147, in _initialize default directories

File "app\FSIconGenerator.py ", line 196, in the directory seteditordirectory

File "app\utils\Utils.py ", line 166, in the "Delete Getting Started" dialog box

File "encodings\cp1251.py ", line 23, in the transcript

UnicodeDecodeError error: The "charmap" codec cannot decode byte 0x98 at position 6727: character mapping to <undefined>
GRamerDim

Post by GRamerDim »

could somene link me the icon generator for fs19 since giants updated it for22?
MAurUS

Post by MAurUS »

GRamerDim wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:39 pm could somene link me the icon generator for fs19 since giants updated it for22?
The old fs19 version of the icon generator is still available here: https://files.giants-software.com/file/ ... 4dc9c3818b
MAurUS

Post by MAurUS »

The Icon Generator in the GDN was updated to version 1.0.3. It's now working with Game Version 1.4.0.0 and beside that we did some minor fixes with file paths containing special characters.