Creating Store Icons for Mods

MAurUS
GIANTS Software | Gameplay Programmer

Post by MAurUS »

The latest Version of the Icon Generator is now available in the GDN. A little "HowTo" is included as PDF file.

If you have any questions or feedback, just post it here. If you have found a bug, you can directly send me a message including the log file.
Mlody98

Re: FS19 - Creating Store Icons for Mods

Post by Mlody98 »

the program can not fit on the desktop and does not create shadow under vehicles.
Last edited by Mlody98 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

Alright I gave it a try..

First I had issues with it even loading up.. perhaps caused by the reason because my bulk files are located on a different drive.
Moved it to my C: drive where FS and the Editor are installed and it seems to run.

Got a nice list of all the mods BUT it won't let me generate any icons. It hangs after clicking the generate button.
Maybe I am impatient.

So for example what I did:
- Downloaded the holmer pack
- Opened the tool and selected the Terra Variant 435
- Let the configurations as they are
- Clicked generate
- Tool hangs.

This happened for every mod I have in my folder.

Update: It seems like the tool does not like to generate icons back-to-back for different vehicles. I have to restart in order to make it work for 1 vehicle. After that vehicle is finished I can't generated another one for a different vehicle.
log.txt
(193.83 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
MAurUS

Post by MAurUS »

@Mlody98: On which resolution are you trying it? For the shadows the vehicle has to be placed correctly in the i3d. If this is not the case you can try it with the "Automatic Height" setting, as written above.

@Wopster: What kind of issues did you have at the start? If the Game and Editor are not installed in the default directories you have to define them manually.

According to your log file the icons were saved in "C:/fsIconGenerator". This happens if you got the Custom Save Directory activated.
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

MAurUS wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:58 pm @Wopster: What kind of issues did you have at the start? If the Game and Editor are not installed in the default directories you have to define them manually.

According to your log file the icons were saved in "C:/fsIconGenerator". This happens if you got the Custom Save Directory activated.
Well, it's hard to setup the directories when the tool does not want to start at all. :biggrin2: But thats solved.. like i said with moving it to a different drive, not sure what happened there.

Yup, I had to enable the custom directory else the generated icons didn't show up in the mod directory. But that probably also had to do with the fact that it couldn't handle multiple vehicles in a row. Cause the main problem I had is that the tool hangs after you created an icon for one vehicle and you want to create another one for a different vehicle.

To reproduce:
- Select vehicle X
- Click generate
- Icon generated
- Unselect vehicle X and select vehicle Y
- Click generate
- Tool hangs
Mlody98

Post by Mlody98 »

MAurUS: Problem solved, The reason was low level in Giants Editor
*TurboStar*

Post by *TurboStar* »

The tool hangs whatever I do but it creates store icon.

Following video shows the unexpected behaviour: https://youtu.be/eOZ-6lKjjXI
Attachments
logEditor.txt
(178.94 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
MAurUS

Post by MAurUS »

@TurboStar: This happens if the „Debug Load“ Option is checked. Then the Icon Generator waits until the Editor in the background is closed.

I‘ll see to fix this issue tomorrow.
Ya Boi Aphid

Post by Ya Boi Aphid »

The best way I could describe it is "sometimes". It works quite well, makes far more beautiful store images then I have ever been able to. But that's "if" it works, one moment it was fine and then the next it was throwing some errors a me "KeyError: 'name'". This has great potential, and I'd really like to see it go somewhere, but as of now it's got a fair bit of work. Good luck! :smileynew:
RB Modding

Post by RB Modding »

just tried, in my case used for 3 mod and worked well for all 3
RL Modding Team

Modding: FS15-FS17-FS19-FS22

Player: FS2009-FS2011-FS2013-FS15-FS17-FS19-FS22
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

I am having problems getting this file to work, whenever i try and generate a icon the program loads giants editor then just hangs, i have tried all different options, please help

Loaded configuration from 'C:\Users\annma\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\fsIconGenerator\config_store.ini'
Loaded configuration from 'C:\Users\annma\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\fsIconGenerator\config_360.ini'
Loaded configuration from 'C:\Users\annma\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\fsIconGenerator\config.ini'
Unable to get editor version from 'C:\Program Files\GIANTS Software'
Unable to find editor config directory
Unable to find editor.xml file in ''.
Game Directory: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2019' Version: '1.4.0.0' Valid: 'True'
Editor Directory: 'C:\Program Files\GIANTS Software\GIANTS_Editor_8.1.0_64-bit\x64\editor.exe' Version: '8.1.0' Valid: 'True'
Mod Directory: 'C:\Users\annma\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\mods' Valid: 'False'
Analysed 1 items in 0.00 seconds.
Mod Directory: 'C:\Users\annma\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\mods' Valid: 'True'
Render Setting 'ITEMS_TO_RENDER': "MOD?FS19_standpipe?standpipe.xml"
Render Setting 'GAMES_DIRECTORY': C:/Users/annma/Documents/My Games
Render Setting 'MODS_DIRECTORY': C:/Users/annma/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/
Render Setting 'ADDITIONALS_DIRECTORY': C:/Users/annma/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI107042/additionals
Render Setting 'UTILS_DIRECTORY': C:/Users/annma/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI107042/utils
Render Setting 'MODE': MODE_STORE_ICON
Render Setting '360_STEPS': 21
Render Setting 'RENDER_RESOLUTION': 4096
Render Setting 'CAM_ROT_Y': 22
Render Setting 'CAM_ROT_X': -5
Render Setting 'GAME_DIRECTORY': C:/Program Files (x86)/Farming Simulator 2019
Render Setting 'RENDER_FILE_EXTENSION': png
Render Setting 'FILENAME_WITH_WILDCARDS': {STORE_ICON_FILENAME}.{FILE_EXTENSION}
Render Setting 'CUSTOM_SAVE_DIRECTORY': C:/fsIconGenerator
Render Setting 'DEBUG_LOAD': false
Render Setting 'AUTO_HEIGHT': true
GIANTS Engine Runtime 8.0.0 (18339) 64bit (Build Date: Feb 9 2019)
Copyright (c) 2008-2019, GIANTS Software GmbH (giants-software.com), All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (c) 2003-2019, Christian Ammann and Stefan Geiger, All Rights Reserved.
Application: GIANTS Editor 64bit 8.1.0
Main System
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 8145 MB
Physics System
Version: 5.9.5
Thread(s): 2
Audio System
Driver: SoftMixer WASAPI Stereo
Version: 2018.11
Frequency: 48000
Max. active sources: 256
Check for updates (https://gdn.giants-software.com)
Spoiler holds the log file
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
MAurUS

Post by MAurUS »

@Farming Girl: The Problem is the "Getting Started" Window. Please start the editor in it's own and uncheck the "Show this on startup" option. Then it should work.

This will be fixed automatically with the next version.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Thanks so much, that fixed it however as you can see i now have the issue that my item is tiny, i've tried to move it in giants editor, but it always is the same, how can i change this please

Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

Hello Farming girl, don' t want to argue but i never see your pics, and i tried this icon generator on 2 mods and all was working as expected
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

BernardC wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:07 pm Hello Farming girl, don' t want to argue but i never see your pics, and i tried this icon generator on 2 mods and all was working as expected
Im not saying that its not working, all im saying is that for me the picture of the mod on the icon is tiny, which is probably due to my mod being tiny, and was asking how i can make it bigger, because i cant work out how, the original problem was fixed because i still had the welcome screen enabled on giants editor!

I always thought forums where places to ask for help, correct me if im wrong!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding